a7n8x-D: More volts and higher multy

El Nacho

Noobie Cheese
I'm working with a moble athlon right now that is letting me push my board higher than ever before. My old barton ran at 11 x 200 at 1.8v but anything over 204 fsb was never stable. I allways though it was the chip that couldnt do but now i'm starting to have my doubts.

Back to the problem at hand. I notice after i put in the moble chip that my top voltage has dropped to 1.725 where i could go to 1.85 before. Also no mulitplyer over 12 (maybe 12.5) works. It just drops it back down to 5 and starts from there even though its not shown. Any way to fix this?

yeah i get the same problem. the solution to both problems is easy (2 ways) (1) visit ocinside.de for the pinmod guide, have fun. (2) buy a new motherboard;)

that's what i hate most about this mobo (though mine tops out at ~195fsb as well - and i know it isn't the memory) mine allows (i think) up to 1.775 with my mobile, but no more. i'm going to pinmod it for a 16x multiplier when i put my watercooling on later this week. bios voltage options should be alright to get me over 2.5, but if not then more pinmodding.

you have the rev1 board as well? a chipset vmod will let you get (at least a little) over 200fsb, which may have been the problem your barton was having.

good luck.

no i have a 2.0 board but i never had anyluck over 20x fsb. Pin moding might help. and your right, I do go up to 1.75 which is getting me at 2.5 right now. If this passes over night, I'll start uping the fsb or see if i can get a higher multy.

I'm running into the same ceiling of the 12.5 multiplier (A7N8X-E) --- the BIOS lists higher multipliers but apparently it shares them such as "5x/13x" and the mobile XP 2400 I just bought defaults to the lower multiplier. Is the "unlock -multi via BIOS up to 12,5x" what I want, or does that just enable locked bartons? I don't want to have to be re seating the CPU every time I try a different combo.

Thanks for any wisdom

i'm running into some interesting things. any multy below 11 and system wont boot. This worries me that the system wont be stable to matter what.

Back