A135-S2276 and Windows XP

Chelica

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

I recently purchased A135-S2276 and the default OS is Windows Vista. I am thinking of downgrading to XP for now and then reloading Vista (using the Toshiba restore disc) when there are more software that supports it.

The problem with this and the reason why I am posting this thread is to basically ask if I will be encountering any difficulties when trying to find drivers. I checked Toshiba's website for drivers and the only one listed for XP is the modem driver. Is this because XP will basically load the drivers for the Lan, Sound, Touchpad, or will I be SOL?

Anyone else ever downgraded a Toshiba laptop that shipped with Vista to XP? If so, any difficulties, is it recommended?

I have the same laptop and find it very slow with Vista.

I did add 1 gig of ram to the 512 that it came with and it is still slow. Now a problem with the video driver crashing when I am watching a DVD. I have to log off and back on then it will work for a while and then it crashes again.

I would love to format and install XP but I am afraid that I won't be able to find drivers. Anyone have any luck finding the drivers for XP and the Toshiba A135-S2276?

if they dont have any drivers but for vista, its going to be a little hassle but not the end of the world.

before you wipe it, write down the driver company names and models for sound, modem, nic, wnic, chipset, etc. go to the manufactures sites and get the drivers for xp and put them on a flash drive or burn them to a cd. then do your fresh install.

Back