A10-7870k Phsyx performance

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
I have A10 7870k with external R7 250 card Hybrid crossfire. win 8.1. I also have yes a Asus pci x1 genuine ageia physx card. Can I use only the 8.09..04 driver? Will it work with the hybrid crossfire. I think these drivers are before nvidia blocked the use of amd hard ware. Is the Radeon R7s in crossfire better than the Ageia card for physics? Yes I know a dedicated Geforce would probably be better but I experimenting here. Physics card is just wasting away I thoght I woul give it a try.

I don't know if those Aegia cards are even valid hardware anymore. I'm even less sure if the nVidia drivers will run the Aegia card.

no the newer nvidia drivers won't work but some older games will use the card. mirrors edge, infernal and arkham asylum will. Only problem is how do I still get the current games to still have phsyx without using new drivers that would diable the ppu?

here is some info: Ageia PhysX PPU - PhysX Wiki

bottom line: you may as well get a low end nVidia card to run concurrently with your AMD setup and delegate it to process the physx. this is what i did with borderlands 2, i had a crossfire 6950 setup with an nvidia GT430 as physx card.

What you say is interesting bu not useful info. If I wanted Nvidia I could drop in a GTX660TI that I have lying around, plus the older phsyx titles don't work with GPU physx IE cell factor. The video to update to the latest physx drivers does not help Amd owners....... PS also only have a 1x pci express slot
available

What you say is interesting bu not useful info. If I wanted Nvidia I could drop in a GTX660TI that I have lying around, plus the older phsyx titles don't work with GPU physx IE cell factor. The video to update to the latest physx drivers does not help Amd owners....... PS also only have a 1x pci express slot
available

you didn't read the whole wiki page then, directly under the video is this line: However, if you're still interested in installing Ageia PhysX card (to play old PPU PhysX games, for example) into your system, you can refer to this guide, that will allow you to use Ageia PPU with latest PhysX Drivers.

so it would help you if you click on the "refer to this guide" link. I can only show you the way, you must open your eyes and do the leg work.

I watched this before and it is referring to using the ageia card with a geforce gpu It does not bring up amd cards being used at all. In fact do not the newer nvidia phsyx driver disable any ppu or geforce card being used with an Amd card? I am NOT using a Geforce GPU but 2 R7 Radeons in Hybrid crossfire. You need to read what I wrote......

sorry when i said "latest PhysX Drivers" i meant that the guide shows you how to enable the PPU with the right drivers that support it. here is the direct link to the instructions since it is apparently hard to click on or something: How to restore PPU support with latest Nvidia Drivers

and yes i know you are trying to do ageia ppu with hybrid crossfire amd cards. the guide above is using nvidia gpu. guess what? you are probably the only person that has ever wanted to do this, that is why there is no guide laying out how to. you might have to take the initiative and try things out if you really want to do this. so follow the guide to get the ppu enabled, then follow the other guide to get physx enabled with amd cards. it might work or it might not.

I wouldn't bother, the Ageia PPU isn't powerful enough to run modern Physx games (it can actually slow them down). You'd be better off just running it on you CPU.

I wouldn't bother, the Ageia PPU isn't powerful enough to run modern Physx games (it can actually slow them down). You'd be better off just running it on you CPU.

op said they wanted to play the old PPU games like mirrors edge. so modern games are not a factor.

I broke down and bought a Geforce card to use for physx and games However thanks to the link I was able to also get my Ageia PPu working and it auto witches for games. Now does any one know where I can get the Ageia Reality Mark software? Links refer me to Nvidia and we know how helpful their NOT....

Yeah link takes me where I been before.. Nvidias site where there virtually no Ageia related demos I could find....

got it but it wants me to uninstall 89.04 and after the goat fuck i went through to get physx running I won't risk screwing up my physx install. earlier today I tried the legacy driver from nvidia and ended up restoring from a Macrium reflect image. What a PIA.....

That sucks, I have an ageia pci card and plan on building an xp box, hopefully that will make it easy

Follow the guide posted by big ted, however watch the video it changed few things. I have a a10-7870k with Evga 740gt and Asus 1xPCI express ppu . Working good so far mostly ppu is used for cellfactor revolution, cyrostatis, and Warmonger 2.5. IT usually auto switches for newer games. Now if I could only find a Single slot GTX750 TI. Elsa seems the only true single slot but in Japan only!!!

sorry didn't realize it was you thank you for the guide link .......

Here I go again I now have a Evga GTX750TI with an Original PCI Ageia card working reasonably well and I get 60 FPS in witcher 3. Now I have a shit load of games bought over the years a lot that support Geforce Physx and a few that use the Ageia PPU . Now everyone says that the ppu is slow compared to the almighty Geforce. From my observations I don't believe that. All you see in Geforce phsyx is window dressings.All that seems to be missing in Amd is a bit of particle effects, smoke, and debris. I have playing the original cell factor and warmonger 2.5 in hardware physics and I have also played them in Geforce legacy driver mode. First of all if the Geforce is all powerful why can't it run the hartdware levels of cell factor? Is it because it can't . Playing both these games the psi movement of objects and destructtion of walls cloth movemnt etc seems much smoother with the old PPU. Is there any game that actually uses Geforce Phsyx for move of objects like Cell factor, I know I haven't seen a lot. I know this is ancient tech but I can't help wonder if Nvidia had not bought out Ageia what might have been?

Here I go again I now have a Evga GTX750TI with an Original PCI Ageia card working reasonably well and I get 60 FPS in witcher 3. Now I have a shit load of games bought over the years a lot that support Geforce Physx and a few that use the Ageia PPU . Now everyone says that the ppu is slow compared to the almighty Geforce. From my observations I don't believe that. All you see in Geforce phsyx is window dressings.All that seems to be missing in Amd is a bit of particle effects, smoke, and debris. I have playing the original cell factor and warmonger 2.5 in hardware physics and I have also played them in Geforce legacy driver mode. First of all if the Geforce is all powerful why can't it run the hartdware levels of cell factor? Is it because it can't . Playing both these games the psi movement of objects and destructtion of walls cloth movemnt etc seems much smoother with the old PPU. Is there any game that actually uses Geforce Phsyx for move of objects like Cell factor, I know I haven't seen a lot. I know this is ancient tech but I can't help wonder if Nvidia had not bought out Ageia what might have been?
I think that last thought often. I wish they had continued on independently. Lmao i remember when the damn thing came out. I feel old just thinking about it.

Back