A way to keep 55" screen background black and only have your resized PC window showing?

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
This might sound like a stupid question but I'm wondering if there is a way to keep my 55 in TV screen background black
and only show my resized PC window which I have at about a 27" monitor. Like I said before, probably a stupid question.

Are you trying to show 1:1 rez at 2560x1440 without stretching and scaling? You should be able to do that in your display options for your graphics card/video device. Set the resolution to 2560x1440 (assuming it's a 55" monitor) and set the display settings to no scaling. The display itself might have to be set to no scaling as well if it's an option. For example, a tv would automatically scale 1080p to 4k by default.

Otherwise if you don't want to go through a resolution switch on the screen and want to keep the rest of the desktop space usable you can use an app called displayfusion to assign a window size and position to a hotkey. You do this in the displayfusion functions heading by dragging a targeting reticule from the function to the current window position and letting go. Then whatever window is the focus will move to that exact location and size whenever you hit the hotkey.

I don't know exactly what you usage scenario is but for me personally I'd rather to a 21:9 resolution on a 55" screen rather than a smaller 16:9 window.

Back