A Way Out System Requirements and Launch Trailer

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Electronic Arts has released the official PC system requirements, as well as a launch trailer for the upcoming A Way Out. A Way Out is a cinematic so-op only game, designed for playing in split screen, either locally or online, where you and a friend escape from prison.

The system requirements seem fairly friendly as well.

MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS: 720P 30 FPS AT LOW SETTINGS
CPU: Intel core i3-2100T @ 2.5GHz/AMD FX 6100, or better
RAM: 8GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7750 2GB
Hard Drive: 25GB
Input: At least one Xbox-compatible/PlayStation-compatible controller

RECOMMENDED PC REQUIREMENTS: 1080P 60 FPS AT HIGH SETTINGS
RAM: 16GB
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K; AMD Ryzen 3 1300x or equivalent
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960; AMD R9 290 or equivalent
Hard Drive: 25GB
Input: At least one Xbox-compatible/PlayStation-compatible controller

Game looks like it is going to be a lot of fun, but what is up with the requirement of using a controller? One very cool thing is quoted below, apparently you can invite a friend to play the game, even if they don't own it. Still doesn't make up for Battlefront II, but it's a very nice step.

As a full game owner, you can also invite your friends to play A Way Out for free. All you need to do is send your friend a game invite, and then they will need to download the friends pass free trial from the digital store. That's it! After this is done, you're all set to experience the entire game online with your friend playing for free.

Hmmm, never even heard about this before, looks like it could be a blast with a friend. Not into much beyond single player these days but might have to try this out.

Surprising how much of [H] and the general population consider breaking out of prison a skill worth practicing.

:)

Looks like it could be fun and Ill probably (eventually) get it if the price is really just $30. Too bad its not a play anywhere title or I would have pre-ordered already.

Definitely looking forward to this to play with a buddy. Hadn't heard about this before.

Got this one ordered a few weeks ago after more details on it. Neat that they'll let you play it with two people but only one has to own the game. Figured I could wrangle one of my friends to play it with or find someone online if nobody wants to play it. Had seen an interview with the devs mentioning that it is designed to be played split-screen (or works best?) that way so the laptop and controllers might get to come in handy for this game.

Another EA game...meh. Not a big fan of their business practices, but some of their games are okay. I'll wait for more reviews or see if any friend is interested.

Back