A wall of PhysX bricks

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Pretty cool!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piipI4LqZEg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Bricks‬‏[/ame]

Hardware accelerated PhysX has been reduced to nothing but tech demo's and benchmarks. That's what proprietary technology gets you.

Are those rubber bricks? Looks like they stretch and deform and bounce back around the impact zone.

OMFG! This is amazing. Oh wait, no it is not. Move along....

It is kind of amazing. I honestly hope that realistic physics like this is the next major leap in PC gaming. Horrendous physics really takes me out of a game.

It is kind of amazing. I honestly hope that realistic physics like this is the next major leap in PC gaming. Horrendous physics really takes me out of a game.

what kind of reality do you live in?

what kind of reality do you live in?

One where walls are made of individual bricks that fall down when broken, as opposed to a single polygonal object with a texture that breaks into a predefined pile every time.

One where walls are made of individual bricks that fall down when broken, as opposed to a single polygonal object with a texture that breaks into a predefined pile every time.

Kind of like the buildings in BFBC2 :(. I think better physics will come in the future, but don't think it will come in the way of PhysX. AMD is gaining too much ground in the GPU world for game developers to lock their physics engine in to one brand of GPU acceleration. You can't really do deep PhysX integration in to your game when you know that ATI\AMD GPU owners won't really be able to take advantage of it unless it's very simple and can run on the CPU.

No, I don't think PhysX is quite the future either, but I love the fact that it exists. I'd love to see something similar as an option in future games, where the physics occupies a couple of CPU cores by itself. Or some sort of standard API in DirectX or whatever that enables some GPU power to be used for it. Then maybe manufacturers can add a second processor on the GPU made to the standard, or whatever. I really want to see better physics in games though.

Yeah, it's visual distortion caused by the blast. It's a bit exaggerated and unnecessary though.

I still feel that we don't have the computational power necessary to do ACCURATE real-time physics. If that demo was running that slow, and that even when you have 'good' physics algorithms, everything still looks fake... It will be a while...

I wish I could fire some kind of explosive at a wall, and it still stands, that must be one damn thick wall!

No i love BFBC where shit is just bouncing up and down for no reason

What a waste of bandwidth. Let's see it again run on a real computer

I filmed this on a cheap laptop,its running on CPU with DX11 64 bit,Ithats why its laggy,I'll try to find the time to film some GPU run stuff

physics was run on the cpu.....

I honestly would except he pulled the video and I don't know his user name.

Back