A temps question for those of you who owned a GTX 295 back in the day...

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all...

So I recently obtained a working GTX 295, and it's working fine with the exception that under a full load temps will reach 94/91 C with fan speed in the mid 70's. I realize two GPUs are being cooled with one heatsink and fan, but is this normal? Or is it time to disassemble one of my prized possessions and apply fresh thermal paste and pads? And do you have any tips for disassembling this card? I don't want to ruin it.

IMG_20210520_140445_01.jpg

Let me know what's what here. Google says idle around 50-52 (mine idles at 59/56) and load around 80-85, but that was in titles at launch, not end-of-life intensive DX9 titles from as late as 2013-2014.

Hey all...

So I recently obtained a working GTX 295, and it's working fine with the exception that under a full load temps will reach 94/91 C with fan speed in the mid 70's. I realize two GPUs are being cooled with one heatsink and fan, but is this normal? Or is it time to disassemble one of my prized possessions and apply fresh thermal paste and pads? And do you have any tips for disassembling this card? I don't want to ruin it.

View attachment 358428

Let me know what's what here. Google says idle around 50-52 (mine idles at 59/56) and load around 80-85, but that was in titles at launch, not end-of-life intensive DX9 titles from as late as 2013-2014.
Probably could use a repasting.

^^ that or if your ambient temp is higher. tried turning up the fans? a good cleaning and repasting/pads wont hurt.

I actually owned one back when it was current. For me it stayed in the high 80’s (Celsius) pegged while gaming in ambient temps of about 70 degrees f. It could likely use a re paste but you won’t shave much of the temp off.

Back