a-squared Anti-Malware 4.5 free today only!!

I would love to hear your reasoning if you actually downloaded this.

I am not too familier with a-square,but they have been around for awhile and the software is free today only. Trying it out myself with windows 7.

I installed it, and it threw a tun of false positives, uninstalled... Junk

I've been using the free version of A-Squared a long time, even back when it was named Anti-Trojan. I always used it as a second opinion AV, never ran it as a resident scanner. It does have many false positives and they've never fixed that issue.

I installed it, and it threw a tun of false positives, uninstalled... Junk

The worst part of false positives is with the inexperienced user. He looks and sees all the "problems"......lets it quarantine or delete them, and bricks his computer.

Of course this could have the side-affect of generating some business..........Download it now!;)

The worst part of false positives is with the inexperienced user. He looks and sees all the "problems"......lets it quarantine or delete them, and bricks his computer.

Download it now!;)

True. I don't use A-Squared anymore because of the false positives. Although in the past it has picked up stuff that weren't false positives on client machines that other AV's missed, which is why I stuck with it for so long. But the amount of false positives it spits out is too high for me and I blame it on the Ikarus engine it uses. I can sort through the stuff and basically tell if it's flagging something it shouldn't but it's a waste of my time.

Back