****A sale went bad? You be the judge....*****

chizu

Limp Gawd
This guy posted a WTB thread and stated that he wants to buy an ATI 9500 or 9700.

So I PMd him and offer him my 9500 and I guarantee that it will softmod and I shown him the softmoddded picture before I sent him the card. He also ask me to ship first but I insist because he doesn't have much HW or ebay combine. I think I have more than him. So I comply with this request and I shipped first but he paid half first. The card came in today and he isn't satisfied with the result because it has checkerboards and he requested a refund. Of course I am paying for the shpping and that's my lost. I also will pay for the shipping back too. Since I am paying for the shipping back I want to ship my way to save some money but he insist on doing so. He wanted me to refund his money back before he ship out the card. I didn't think that was fair because I want to confirm the condition of the card. Finally he agreed to ship first but he only will ship the way that he wants and I am the ony who's paying for the shipping. I told him that if he wants to ship the way he wants he has to pay for the shipping and he still insist.

Do you guys think it's fair for me to pay for the shipping and that I can't ship my way? Please be the judge and give me your opinion on this case.

I am pretty sure that how it goes.

Edit: he also said that he wll buy the card if it doesn't softmod and now he said he isn't interested in the card anymore because he said that video cards are so cheap now and he's going buy a new one. And now he's buying a used one off from someone else.

I apologize, which forum is the correct one? Mod, if you are reading this, please move it to a appropriate forum. thank you

I know that no one pay attention to this forum so I will go ahead and bump because I need you guys opinion on this case. Sorry if I violated the rules.

Please do not bump your thread in TTT unless you have something to add. Your bump did not even move it up. - Lethal

I believe that he should pay shipping either way if he wants to ship it back. Why should you be the one to lose 100% of the deal. He wanted something and you provided it. He doesn't want it anymore so you pay for the return shipping? What crap is that?

He gives you an excuse saying he will buy a new card because they are cheaper now and yet he goes ahead and buys another used one. Maybe he'll return that again, but at the seller's expense.

He wants to ship it his way and wants you to pay shipping. You want him to ship it your way for cheaper, but he doesn't want to. Don't you think this guy is milking you for your money?

It should be 50/50, both of you lose, not just you. Totally unfair.

What a douchebag (not you, the so called buyer).

Good Luck!!!

Yeah, the problem is that I gurantee it would softmod to a 9700 no problem. When it got to him he said he didn't softmod then again he said it did but it has checkerboard. Which mean he lies on his first message. Well, since I can't do anything now because he has the card. But I just want my justice.

I am the person that he sold the card to. He said that the card would softmod but what good is it, if it artifacts and gives the checkerboard effect. I wanted the card, and asked him a few times if the card would softmod. His friend softmodded it (so he says)... I checked the video card by going to the display properties and it comes up as a 9500. I thought that the softmod didn't work but i noticed that when I was loading or closing windows, the checkerboard would show. Therefore, I benchmarked and it shows the same effect. Now you tell me why I have to pay for shipping for a defcetive item.

Seongmin said:
Now you tell me why I have to pay for shipping for a defcetive item.

You don't. You told him before you would buy it even if it didn't softmod, didn't you ?
How much money are we talking about ?

this is why i dont ship items without full payment first.
too much hassle. if they dont want to do that, fine. find the item somewhere else.

Steel Chicken said:
too much hassle. if they dont want to do that, fine. find the item somewhere else.

QFTT

if you want to return the item you pay the shipping. if not give him the other half of his money and chalk it up as a learning exp.

Seongmin said:
Now you tell me why I have to pay for shipping for a defcetive item.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on who should pay shipping and what was really said before this sale took place, the real issue at this point is here:

chizu said:
I also will pay for the shipping back too. Since I am paying for the shipping back I want to ship my way to save some money

Chizu sounds content to eat the shipping both ways, fair or not. Seems to me you might as well ship it back via chizu's preferred courier, unless it's something completely ridiculous such as slapping a few stamps on a bare card, throwing it in the mailbox, and hoping it arrives unscathed. Sort of a 'path of least reisistance' kind of thing...

^^
I agree, ship it his way or you pay.

From the evidence here...
1. He's selling a 9500 card, which he says "guarantees" will soft mod to 9700.
2. He ships the card to you at his cost.
3. You get the card, it doesn't soft mod properly.
4. You state that you want a refund due to the soft mod not working issue.
5. You want him to refund your money and pay the full return shipping.
6. You agree to return the card, but won't ship with his prefered carrier.

I 100% agree that since he guaranteed the card to be soft modable and it wasn't you shuld be able to return the card.
Though you not wanting to use his provider, so he can save a couple bucks is just you being mean... unless he's asking for some weird-ass shipper or you live in the boonies where you only have access to the USPS and all the other shippers are 50 miles away.

IMO .. give the guy a break ship it back to him how he wants it.

I agree with vbrtmn and one4yu2c. And I also take back what I posted earlier. Maybe it was a compatibility issue or conflict with the hardware and it only worked properly in the seller's computer. But to be fair Seongmin, you should pay for the shipping if you want it shipped your way. Otherwise, let chizu choose how to ship it back and let him pay. Unless of course there is no way to ship it his way.

Hope everything works out.

Why should I pay shipping for a card that doesn't perform to what the seller said it would? He guarenteed the softmod and it doesn't work. Therefore, why am I going to pay money out of my own pocket for a defect that was stated in the first place to work. He shipped without an anti-static bag, could that be a problem? I don't know. Also, we already came to shipping conclusions even before this damn thread. Simply, you guys don't understand the situation. Would you guys eat the shipping fee? Also, I didn't care what shipping method he wanted, as long as he allowed me to put a tracking number on the card. He said no however... How the hell am I supposed to know whether he gets the card or not and what am I going to do if he states that he didn't get it when actually he did? Thats what this whole dilemma has been. For all the hardforum members who posted in this thread, I am quite dissapointed to see that you expect someone that purchased an item for a specific reason, to eat the shipping costs back to the origional owner when that item did not fulfil what it was "supposed" to do. The card will be sent back with tracking on me.

Seongmin said:
Why should I pay shipping for a card that doesn't perform to what the seller said it would? He guarenteed the softmod and it doesn't work. Therefore, why am I going to pay money out of my own pocket for a defect that was stated in the first place to work. He shipped without an anti-static bag, could that be a problem? I don't know. Also, we already came to shipping conclusions even before this damn thread. Simply, you guys don't understand the situation. Would you guys eat the shipping fee? Also, I didn't care what shipping method he wanted, as long as he allowed me to put a tracking number on the card. He said no however... How the hell am I supposed to know whether he gets the card or not and what am I going to do if he states that he didn't get it when actually he did? Thats what this whole dilemma has been. For all the hardforum members who posted in this thread, I am quite dissapointed to see that you expect someone that purchased an item for a specific reason, to eat the shipping costs back to the origional owner when that item did not fulfil what it was "supposed" to do. The card will be sent back with tracking on me.

If you ship it the way he wants then he pays for shipping.

Sounds like you just want to bitch cause you like the sound of your own voice.

Send it back the way he wants, he eats shipping, when he gets it you get your money back.

Sounds fair to me. Looks to me you just want to overcomplicate matters.

Holy crap batman. You need to learn how to read. I wanted to do tracking but since he doesn't want to, I'm paying for it. Man, you're telling me that I like my own voice when you don't even know half of the situation. Also, if I'm bitching about something, you can ignore it.

Seongmin said:
Holy crap batman. You need to learn how to read. I wanted to do tracking but since he doesn't want to, I'm paying for it. Man, you're telling me that I like my own voice when you don't even know half of the situation. Also, if I'm bitching about something, you can ignore it.

Everyone eats return shipping on a bad item, Don't think your something special.

I've had to do it myself from time to time.

its the same way when you RMA a bad product. If it doesn't work, is defective, etc, you pay for the shipping, not the company you bought it from.

Oh4Sh0 said:
its the same way when you RMA a bad product. If it doesn't work, is defective, etc, you pay for the shipping, not the company you bought it from.
qft
when shit comes in from newegg u gotta bite the bullet and pay ur $5 to send it back and get a new one

Seongmin said:

I am sorry but I have to call this bs. I didn't say "no" when you wanted the tracking to be in there. I simply stated that you have to pay for it. Now you are trying to put words in my mouth. You even stated that you will buy the card if it doesn't even softmod and you also try to low ball me on the price. You said you will not ship the card out because I didn't want to ship the way you want it, which will cost me more.

Edit: You told me you didn't even benchmark it. You are not a very honest person, I have caught you lying couple of times.

Steel Chicken said:

I was selling it to him for $60 plus the actual shipping.

Seongmin said:
1) Why should I pay shipping for a card that doesn't perform to what the seller said it would?

2) Also, I didn't care what shipping method he wanted, as long as he allowed me to put a tracking number on the card. He said no however... How the hell am I supposed to know whether he gets the card or not and what am I going to do if he states that he didn't get it when actually he did? Thats what this whole dilemma has been.

1) It's a moot point, as chizu is agreeing to pay return shipping.

2) Now we're getting somewhere - you want tracking (wise choice), chizu is not agreeing to pay for the extra service. The path of least resistance here would be to pay the $.45-.55 cents extra for Delivery Confirmation and count the two quarters as a loss, or an investment towards a peaceful resolution. The alternative is you two continue to escalate this situation as you hold his card for ransom, likely resulting in negative heatware for the both of you.

You guys are over-complicating in what amounts to a 50 cent disagreement...

Uhhh, I said in my previous posts that I will pay tracking. I don't know why there is still a problem.

jesus christ, both of you guys are splitting hairs :rolleyes:

seller: you agreed to pay for return shipping, but you are not willing to pay for tracking and/or delivery confirmation, which cost 45 to 55 cents?! :rolleyes: If buyer had wanted to fedex early morning sat delivery, then yes, i would have balked at that, but you're bitching about buyer wanted tracking/delivery conformation? Something that would help protect you both from further hassles if the shipping company lost package. I don't understand you objection :confused:

buyer: dude, slow down and read the thread, you were bitching that seller wasn't going to pay return shipping, even after he had stated his willingness to do so, the sticking point was your (completely understandable) requirement for tracking.

topcat989 said:
jesus christ, both of you guys are splitting hairs :rolleyes:

seller: you agreed to pay for return shipping, but you are not willing to pay for tracking and/or delivery confirmation, which cost 45 to 55 cents?! :rolleyes: If buyer had wanted to fedex early morning sat delivery, then yes, i would have balked at that, but you're bitching about buyer wanted tracking/delivery conformation? Something that would help protect you both from further hassles if the shipping company lost package. I don't understand you objection :confused:

buyer: dude, slow down and read the thread, you were bitching that seller wasn't going to pay return shipping, even after he had stated his willingness to do so, the sticking point was your (completely understandable) requirement for tracking.

You and the other dude got it all wrong or I didn't state it clearly. I want to do parcel mail and insurance but he insisted and want to do priority mail, tracking, and insurance.. Not just tracking alone.

Originally Posted by Seongmin
I will ship as you suggested, but I want the refund when I give you the tracking number. At your request, I will ship without insurance, but with a tracking number. LMK. (April 28, 2005 at 11:13).

Originally Posted by chizu
That's not what I want, I said I want parcel and insurance and I want to confirm the condition before I give you a refund. And you are not going to lose a dime if everything is right.

That means that you don't want tracking... You said it yourself.

Any way, this crap is settled.

Originally Posted by Seongmin
I will pay for the tracking number but you must promise to pay me a full refund + shipping. I would also like it if you posted this in your thread. Thanks.

I'll pay for the shipping and you p ay for whatever you want extra.

Yes, you finally gave in after I posted this thread and you said you didn't care if I were to posted it. But anyway, like you said, this is over.

Just wondering, but when do you guys think that I should recieve my refund? I even shipped out with Priority and tracking on my half, all I asked him was the price for parcel. Shouldn't I be recieving the refund right after providing the tracking number?

Seongmin said:
Just wondering, but when do you guys think that I should recieve my refund? I even shipped out with Priority and tracking on my half, all I asked him was the price for parcel. Shouldn't I be recieving the refund right after providing the tracking number?
`if i was giving the refund i wouldnt give it until i recieved the item. i need to verify that it is the one i shipped to you and that the problem you claim is actually true.

Seongmin said:

As mentioned, I wouldn't issue the refund until I had the item in my hands. Otherwise, as a seller you run the risk of receiving an empty box, a switched item, or the item back in a drastically different condition than when first shipped out.

Keep in mind that it's not a matter of accusing the buyer of any wrong doing, but merely protecting the seller. You'll find the same thing with vendors, as your account isn't likely to credited from an RMA until after it's received and looked at.

This buyer has been disrespecting me through PMing me. SHOULD I GIVE HIM A REFUND??? Here are the messages below.

Seongmin said:
chizu said:
Seongmin said:
Shipped. 0304 1560 0004 7523 7328. Cost me 10$ but I shipped using priority for you to get the shipment faster. I would like a paypal of 7.50$ (8$ - .45$ for tracking on my half). LMK. Also, please refund my 32.50$ using the refund option.

BS, I am not going to pay you 7.5. I told you to ship parcel mail and insurance only. I only refund that much for you. And I'll also get my $3 back from you. And for your information, I am assumming that you are lying, because it cost me only $8.05 to get the video card sent to you. Priority, tracking, and insurance for $8.05; now I would like to know how the hell did it cost you $10?
Seongmin said:
chizu said:
Seongmin said:
First off, you said you would pay shipping. Just pay the 5$. I don't want to scan the receipt. I am not bsing you but if you pay me the shipping and refund my money now, I will provide a pic.

BS, I said I will pay for shipping if you ship my way and you even say so yourself. I want the proof that you paid $10 bucks for this. I have a feeling that you are lying.

Like I said, if you think that I'm lying, I will prove you wrong but you have to pay me my refund and tracking fee now. If not, just see how much it costs to ship at usps.com.

Seongmin said:
chizu said:
Seongmin said:
chizu said:
Like I said, if you think that I'm lying, I will prove you wrong but you have to pay me my refund and tracking fee now. If not, just see how much it costs to ship at usps.com.

When the hell did I say that I will pay for the tracking? You are tripping!!!

I meant shipping fee u tard. How the hell are you going to say that Usps.com isn't accurate. Give me your damn email so I can send you the reciept.

chizu said:
This buyer has been disrespecting me through PMing me. Should I give him a refund.

The correct question is "Should I refund the entire shipping cost," as you obviously owe him a refund once the card arrives, assuming it arrives in original condition. At this point however, I wouldn't be surprised to see a disagreement arise over added dust buildup once it's returned...

As far as 'disrespecting,' you both have been acting like a couple of numbskulls. What started off as a .50 cent disagreement has now ballooned to what, around $3.00? You guys have publicly turned this refund scenario into a nightmare transaction over some change. Continual failure to come to an amicable resolution over a few dollars does not bode well for future transactions. That flushing sound is both of your reputations.
pottytrain5.gif

You are right, I was acting like a no brainer. It didn't start out with .50, it actually starts with that he doesn't want to ship my item unless I will pay for the shipment and go his way of shipping and I didn't agree to that. So I finally posted this thread and asking for opinions. And now he's bsing with me.

Edit: He agreed that he'll pay for the extra fees and that I'll only pay for my part which is insurance and parcel mail. But he didn't comply with my request and he said that he will. Now that he just shipped priority and tracking which I am not responsible for and he wants a refund back.

I say once you get your card back, just total up shipping. Including parcel, shipping costs, insurance, tracking/confirm. Then split it in half you guys should eat up 50/50 neither one of you can resolve this due to each other. You guys both had a part in this bad deal. so =P good luck :)

Well thats what i would do.
Take it as a loss and a lesson learned. :D

Wow, he likes to turn things up... If any admin wants my password and account name, I will gladly provide it and you can read all the PM's yourself. I stated that I would comply with his shipping requests before this thread even existed. Sigh.

He likes to complicate matters even more. All I asked for was that he go to usps.com and find the cost for parcel and insurance and just paypal me that. Since my dad shipped with Priority, he doesn't want to pay me n e thing.

Quote by chizu
First, I am not going to pay you for parcel because you didn't do as I said.

Second, why whould I pay you for insurance when you didn't even apply to the shipment?

Seongmin said:
Wow, he likes to turn things up... If any admin wants my password and account name, I will gladly provide it and you can read all the PM's yourself. I stated that I would comply with his shipping requests before this thread even existed. Sigh.

Damn, I have to say that I am embrassed because of this. Please provides all the facts. This guy is holding the shipment and won't ship until I refund this money back.

Seongmin said:
He likes to complicate matters even more. All I asked for was that he go to usps.com and find the cost for parcel and insurance and just paypal me that. Since my dad shipped with Priority, he doesn't want to pay me n e thing.

Quote by chizu
First, I am not going to pay you for parcel because you didn't do as I said.

Second, why whould I pay you for insurance when you didn't even apply to the shipment?

Good thing that you quote these. I said I'll pay for the shipping if you parcel and insurance. And you went ahead and ship priority with tracking but no insurance and you want me to pay for insurance.

Edit: Take this in Pm section and you can post it here later so this thread will not be drag on like this.

Back