A radio signal coming from a source within the Milky Way has been detected by astronomers

you guys believe in aliens?

Depends on what you mean by aliens.

Little green men in saucer shaped landers. No

Life elsewhere in the universe. Given the sheer scale of the universe... Yeah.

I know people like to joke about aliens, but it's a very real possibility.

I will admit, I have seen UFOs on 2 occasions (same ship). I don't know what it was, certainly it was far beyond any current known human technology.

Was it aliens? I don't know. I'm not saying it was 100% aliens, but that is on the table.

Let me explain (true story, not a joke). I was hanging out on top of a roof of a big skyscraper in a major city. It was me and one friend, this was about 20 years ago.

It was in the afternoon, probably around 4PM so the sky was clear and blue, nice day. We both see these 2 white dots floating in the air. It was hard to tell how far they were away, but they looked like airplane distance.

However, they clearly were not airplanes. They were floating absolutely still in the air, maybe like a helicopter but they did not have any shape or features or make any noise. It was odd.

Then one of them started accelerating super fast. Like no more than 2 seconds, like it went into warp speed and it was gone. Then a few seconds later the other one went into warp speed in the same direction.

Both me and my friend saw the whole thing. Then about 1 year later, in a different city, I was with 2 other people and we saw the same ship but only 1 of them. It did the same thing, totally still to warp speed.

Still to this day, 20 years later, I don't know of any human aircraft that can do something like that. I mean, it could be something government classified, sure, but it could also be aliens. I would believe it.

We havent the slightest idea how DNA was crafted, we barely are able to send a sub to the Challenger deep, thebfarthest men have visited in space is the moon. We still argue that the Earth is flat. We have no idea what the highest amount of matter in the universe is, we call it dark matter, we dont even know the source of human conciousness, we cant explain how a thought actually works and is generated, and the list goes on, yet Aliens cant be real, there is no chance in hell the universe could possibly have sentient beings that have tech so high above our wildest imagination. But nope a person is a damn fool for believeing in possibility. Hold your finger nail to the sky, park the hubble there and leave the shutter open for 30 days, look at the picture and every spec of light is an entire galaxy, rinse repeat for every finger nail.portion of the sky at arms length. Nope not a chance of aliens.

If we had just 2% of the human race with an actual open mind we would be travelling faster than light already, warping space time, generating nearly infinite energy supplies etc....

Nope believeing in aliens makes you a damn fool.

Who really is the fool

I will admit, I have seen UFOs on 2 occasions (same ship). I don't know what it was, certainly it was far beyond any current known human technology.

Was it aliens? I don't know. I'm not saying it was 100% aliens, but that is on the table.

Let me explain (true story, not a joke). I was hanging out on top of a roof of a big skyscraper in a major city. It was me and one friend, this was about 20 years ago.

It was in the afternoon, probably around 4PM so the sky was clear and blue, nice day. We both see these 2 white dots floating in the air. It was hard to tell how far they were away, but they looked like airplane distance.

However, they clearly were not airplanes. They were floating absolutely still in the air, maybe like a helicopter but they did not have any shape or features or make any noise. It was odd.

Then one of them started accelerating super fast. Like no more than 2 seconds, like it went into warp speed and it was gone. Then a few seconds later the other one went into warp speed in the same direction.

Both me and my friend saw the whole thing. Then about 1 year later, in a different city, I was with 2 other people and we saw the same ship but only 1 of them. It did the same thing, totally still to warp speed.

Still to this day, 20 years later, I don't know of any human aircraft that can do something like that. I mean, it could be something government classified, sure, but it could also be aliens. I would believe it.

How do you go from saying "I don't know what it was" to "it was far beyond any current known human technology" in the same sentence? Even calling it some form of technology is a huuuuge assumption. You literally don't know what it was.

If we had just 2% of the human race with an actual open mind we would be travelling faster than light already, warping space time, generating nearly infinite energy supplies etc....

That's....Not how it works. None of that has anything to do with having an "actual open mind". There is NOTHING about our current understanding of physics that allows ANY of that to be possible. Even with tons of time, money, and energy poured into studies over decades and hundreds to thousands of hypothesis debated nothing has changed. It doesn't take a ton of people with "actual open minds", it would take a complete change to our understanding of the universe and it's laws. Shoving more minds onto breaking current barriers or trying to prove that things currently believed to be impossible are possible won't make it happen faster and shoving more money into research won't necessarily do it either. It's about the right people, working in the right environment, with the right amount of funding to do it if it's even possible at all. As hard a pill as it is to swallow, some things might really be impossible no matter how "open" a person's mind is.

That's....Not how it works. None of that has anything to do with having an "actual open mind". There is NOTHING about our current understanding of physics that allows ANY of that to be possible. Even with tons of time, money, and energy poured into studies over decades and hundreds to thousands of hypothesis debated nothing has changed. It doesn't take a ton of people with "actual open minds", it would take a complete change to our understanding of the universe and it's laws. Shoving more minds onto breaking current barriers or trying to prove that things currently believed to be impossible are possible won't make it happen faster and shoving more money into research won't necessarily do it either. It's about the right people, working in the right environment, with the right amount of funding to do it if it's even possible at all. As hard a pill as it is to swallow, some things might really be impossible no matter how "open" a person's mind is.

Its called a dream
A possible alternate outcome compared to current events.

Anyways FRB are mkre evidence that magnatars exist. We havent actually seen ine to my knowledge and they remain hypothetical. All neutron stars are is hypothetical. In fact the most contemporary physics posits that it might be impossible for a star to consist entirely of neutrons thus a collapsed star core might even be a strange new kind of matter we can only guess as to what it may be.

Last edited:
Its called a dream
A possible alternate outcome compared to current events.

But nope, killing each other over oil or land or religion is far more prudent than putting our energy towards expansion of humanity beyond our self imposed prison of tribalism.

And you and I know what we are allowed to know. How do we know for sure our govt hasnt achieved ability to bend space time or met with extraterrestrial intelligence. Maybe were not ready as a species of neanderthal brained dummies to accept it as a society? So they dont let us know. If I were an intelligent species out in space I would take interest in the fact we are running giant particle smashers. Maybe our planet is generating fast radio bursts when we slam atoms together in that god forsaken calamity called LHC.

Anyways FRB are mkre evidence that magnatars exist. We havent actually seen ine to my knowledge and they remain hypothetical. All neutron stars are is hypothetical. In fact the most contemporary physics posits that it might be impossible for a star to consist entirely of neutrons thus a collapsed star core might even be a strange new kind of matter we can only guess as to what it may be.

Believing in conspiracy nonsense isn't healthy.

Believing in conspiracy nonsense isn't healthy.

Keep drinking your flouride. Its healthy! Im trying to steer the topic back to FRB not 9/11. But I will say that unwillingness to discuss alternate possibility is the sign of a mind made of granite.

And now you proven to not at all have an open mind.
It was a joke sigh.... flouride is a conspiracy since you said it was unhealthy. Whatever. You know everything about everything dont you. Its a pattern that you maintain. Trust me.

I believe you Cyber.....I think its easy to dismiss as nonsense until people see things with their own eyes.....And honestly what you describe is not very much unlike what the navy pilots reported chasing after

Since we're swappin stories. I'm an amateur astronomer. Some nights when I get the itch I'll load up my dobsonian and head out of the city for some star gazing. One night back in the late 90's I saw what looked like an ordinary satellite, seen many of them, in a polar orbit. As it approached zenith I noticed another "satellite" moving directly toward it. For a minute I thought they were going to crash into each other. When they got close they stopped for a second and changed directions, one turned east the other west at perfect 90° angles. Never seen anything like that before. They weren't jets, moving way too fast and I'm not aware of anything that can stop and change direction like that. I estimate they were about magnitude 6. I suppose it might of been some type of classified adaptive optics but they didn't look like the AO lasers that I've seen pics of. Who knows, it's a big universe, anything's possible but I doubt an alien race capable of traveling between stars would be interested in us.

I doubt an alien race capable of traveling between stars would be interested in us.
They may be.... To snuff us out before we can ever become equals. I believe most are just as likely to be hostile towards us than not, if they exist as contemporaries. That's not a popular opinion as most seem to think they'd be just exploring or even benevolent, but it's my line of thinking. We shouldn't be broadcasting our existence in the hope of attracting them.

It was a joke sigh.... flouride is a conspiracy since you said it was unhealthy. Whatever. You know everything about everything dont you. Its a pattern that you maintain. Trust me.

I apologize, however the "continue doing x" reply is an a-typical response I see from people that get called out on being conspiracy nuts.

I believe you Cyber.....I think its easy to dismiss as nonsense until people see things with their own eyes.....And honestly what you describe is not very much unlike what the navy pilots reported chasing after

There have been too many reports over the years for everything to be completely disbelieved, however given how little we really know about how our brains process information not to mention other factors it's also hard to say "it's definitely aliens". For whatever it's worth, even Snowden stated that he found no evidence of government contact with aliens in all the documentation he saw. So if extra terrestrial life has visited our planet it's entirely possible that it's been done in a way where no concrete records of it exist.

They may be.... To snuff us out before we can ever become equals.

All they'd need to do is sit back and watch. We do a wonderful job of snuffing ourselves out without outside interference.

All they'd need to do is sit back and watch. We do a wonderful job of snuffing ourselves out without outside interference.
This is a common thought as to being one of the "great filters" for living beings expanding beyond their planets. There's a lot of people who think the same as you on that :).

I apologize, however the "continue doing x" reply is an a-typical response I see from people that get called out on being conspiracy nuts.

No it was not a typical response on my part. It is just that the forum rules state to not attack others or flame or troll and I have had A LOT of various warnings over the years for arguing and Kyle will only put up with so much shit man before he simply snuffs your (general statement) damn account out. I do not want this to happen to me. You need to learn to put the brakes on as well. You apologize to me and I appreciate it even though you totally didn't have to do that, however, you immediately continue to troll yet again by passive-aggressive name calling. Just put the brakes on friend. Though I too admit my delivery of the flouride joke was very poorly written.

As far as general response to being called conspiracy theorist yes you are right because those types of people get really really really tired of knowing something that no one wants to even try to evaluate and instead simply shutdown completely to any possible chance it might have merit. Its called exhaustion. So you are right in the general sense even if you didn't know it.

Back to FRBs lol

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't say "we" do this at all.

It was a general statement, "we" meaning any member of humanity that does, and yes many many many people do argue that it is flat. And that is beautiful that they do.
Without honest discourse of ideas we do not have science. Science proves nothing but without ideas we can never begin to understand the mysteries of our universe.
So I personally think the Flat Earther is a cult society of almost no scientific foundation but they have a voice and I want to hear that voice even if it irritates the sheeeite out of me haha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_flat_Earth_societies

Go and youtube search Flat Earth... you will see this and on and on and on for page after page after page
1588568111149.png

Pretty cool special effects practice, but there are some errors. The artist tried to to translate the shadows in a way that distorted with the terrain of the surface but the angle that the objects were being hit by the sun would have placed their shadows at a much greater relative distance. The actual shading on the flying objects is coming from the (relative to the 2D screen) south, but the moon is lit from east/south east, being apparent at the roughly 60 degree angle the surface of the moon (relative to the screen at the zoomed-in shot) facing away from the lightsource that would illuminate the objects from the south of the screen. Also the atmospheric distortions (mirage) disappears at one point, only to come back on the zoom-in shot.

Last edited:
Pretty cool special effects practice, but there are some errors. The artist tried to to translate the shadows in a way that distorted with the terrain of the surface but the angle that the objects were being hit by the sun would have placed their shadows at a much greater relative distance. The actual shading on the flying objects is coming from the (relative to the 2D screen) south, but the moon is lit from east/south east, being apparent at the roughly 60 degree angle the surface of the moon (relative to the screen at the zoomed-in shot) facing away from the lightsource that would illuminate the objects from the south of the screen. Also the atmospheric distortions (mirage) disappears at one point, only to come back on the zoom-in shot.

Well like all things its up to interpretation and speculation. Whether or not some amateur or a government certified these as real the masses will not believe it. Thus I believe the only sure fire way for everyone to believe in aliens is for city sized destroyer ships to come and lay waste to humanity and let the survivors decide if they are real or not haha

1588575931199.png

Well like all things its up to interpretation and speculation. Whether or not some amateur or a government certified these as real the masses will not believe it. Thus I believe the only sure fire way for everyone to believe in aliens is for city sized destroyer ships to come and lay waste to humanity and let the survivors decide if they are real or not haha

View attachment 242831

I don't "Believe" in aliens but I do think extra-terrestrial, even intelligent, life is possible. But generally, when there are discussions about whether something does or does not exist, and all empirical evidence offers no evidence supporting said thing's existence, it generally plays out that future finds will not find evidence in support of it either.

In layman's terms: If you have to debate about whether its real or not, it's probably not real.

Edit: another way to think about it, is to perform a bit of a thought experiment:

Imagine a reality where the belief and conspiracy theories etc. in a thing remains the same as this reality, but said thing does actually exist:

Then imagine a reality where the belief, etc. in a thing remains the same as this reality, but said thing does not exist.

Now ask "how would life be different?". If you can't imagine a real difference, then the ting probably does not exist.

Last edited:
I’m all open to the possibility, but if there is life, it may very well be a being we’re not even thinking could exist. Seems quite frequently that scientists are discovering things in the universe that defy their understanding of physics. It’s how the universe works. I mean, it’s defying nothing, really. It’s just normal universe physics. They’ve been looking for Earth 2.0 ... and maybe we’re looking at the wrong places based on our limited understanding. I will say that the fact that earth exists in the way that it does is incredibly improbable, but here we are.

There have been too many reports over the years for everything to be completely disbelieved, however given how little we really know about how our brains process information not to mention other factors it's also hard to say "it's definitely aliens". For whatever it's worth, even Snowden stated that he found no evidence of government contact with aliens in all the documentation he saw. So if extra terrestrial life has visited our planet it's entirely possible that it's been done in a way where no concrete records of it exist.

I am going to set aside the fact for the moment that believing anything HE said is a good idea. But if said information about ETs did actually exist it likely wouldn't be at NSA which is concerned with foreign intelligence here on Earth. Even if it DID exist there he wouldn't have been able to access it with his script kiddy antics. That data would be highly compartmented and not stored in a generally available location like the data he stole was. So no he has no proof either way and it adds nothing to the discussion imo.

I’m all open to the possibility, but if there is life, it may very well be a being we’re not even thinking could exist. Seems quite frequently that scientists are discovering things in the universe that defy their understanding of physics. It’s how the universe works. I mean, it’s defying nothing, really. It’s just normal universe physics. They’ve been looking for Earth 2.0 ... and maybe we’re looking at the wrong places based on our limited understanding. I will say that the fact that earth exists in the way that it does is incredibly improbable, but here we are.

I think we have to assume there IS life of some sort, potentially even intelligent life. For us to be the only ones (ever) its 1 in 60 billion odds. Thats so astoundingly low that I would not take that bet. There is so much we don't understand...we have made the assumption that life must look similar to what we see here on Earth because its the only example we have. Hell we've only understood radio since 1895, before that people would've thought you were crazy if you told them you could have gotten music streamed over the air to your phone. Its physically impossible they would've told you. We improve our understanding all the time.

As far as UFOs - yeah I have seen them. Couldn't say they were ETs or not. Ive seen a lot of weird shit in my time flying (and I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink). I have no way to explain some of the things Ive seen/heard in my life...but I don't go around claiming they are ancient alien astronauts either. Because I don't have proof. Ergo its meaningless to speculate since I cant rely on any evidence to support a claim.

Wouldn't extraterrestial aliens also technically be illegal aliens?

Not necessarily. If they came here legally they would be legal extraterrestrial aliens. Also if you don't land and leave the airport you aren't technically here as far as immigration purposes go. So if they just overfly the country there are not illegal ;).

Not necessarily. If they came here legally they would be legal extraterrestrial aliens. Also if you don't land and leave the airport you aren't technically here as far as immigration purposes go. So if they just overfly the country there are not illegal ;).
Yeah, good point.
But I think it would be impossible for aliens to apply for a tourist visa since there is no "N/A - Outside Solar System" choice for country of origin on any application form I've ever seen, and government employees have never been known to be very lenient.
So I guess their best chance is to land in an airport and just stay inside the UFO or terminal area until we have figured out how to deal with them.

Yeah, good point.
But I think it would be impossible for aliens to apply for a tourist visa since there is no "N/A - Outside Solar System" choice for country of origin on any application form I've ever seen, and government employees have never been known to be very lenient.
So I guess their best chance is to land in an airport and just stay inside the UFO or terminal area until we have figured out how to deal with them.

Sure if they want to see the sights. Or they could just avoid that nonsense and fly over and never actually be considered inside the US.

you guys believe in aliens?
The existence of extraterrestrial life is a near certainty.

Extraterrestrials having visited earth is the difficult part to believe. ETs would need to violate our current understanding of physics in order to travel the vast distances necessary for contact. There are always exceptions though ... Perhaps ETs could live on a planet which had access to elements, or states of elements we do not. I mean if ETs live on a planet where say meta-stable metallic hydrogen or element 115 is present and abundant, interstellar travel may be possible for them. Then again ... why would they visit earth? Isn't our planet a colossal fuck up?

Earlier someone mentioned sleep paralysis and I have had only a singular experience with that. I remember waking up and being unable to move my body. I don't know why ... but I did have an overwhelming sense of alien abduction in that moment. Thinking back I don't know why I felt that way. Fire in Sky did scar me for life as a kid ... so I have always been disturbed by the thought of alien abduction. After the paralysis ended, it immediately became clear that no ETs were involved. It was a strange experience, and I do understand where the alien abduction belief can come from when experiencing something like that.

Yeah, my gf, grandfather and I were once at her bar a long time ago. We were on my grandfathers Cherokee Indian reservation and he even came to visit me at the bar to tell me he "sensed great change on the winds" and that "I would need of him this night", but I immediately dismissed his Indian gibberish and started talking to my gf at the bar. Then some dudes got handsy with my gf behind the bar and I had to beat them down and before we could even process what happened the jukebox suddenly cut to "(Don't fear) The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult (the SNL Cowbell skit song for the laymen) and we saw bright lights coming through the window and a truck flying up into the air, then the bar crumbling around us and the roof came off allowing us to all get sucked into their ship. I managed to escape their restraints on the ship when I came to on board, then saw my gf and grandfather a few times being transported on a conveyor system they had before they impaled my grandfather (along with many others) with a bunch of spikes before seemingly harvesting his body. But after hours of navigating their ship with a bunch of teleporters and gravity switches, killing a bunch of aliens along the way, I finally found my gf who they'd mutilated and combined with some other nasty alien creature with laser turrets on its sides, so I had to put her out of her misery unfortunately with the other weapons I'd procured on the ship. After that I found another human who'd survived their abduction centuries ago and they'd made into their leader of sorts and given nearly infinite power, but obviously I still killed her so I could take her place and then drove their ship into the sun to kill them all. I'm only here and alive still through because my grandfather pulled me into our Cherokee nether-realm where I spoke to him and my gf one last time before they transported me back to Earth still.

That was also the last time I drank tequila.

I’ll prey for you and your family.

The existence of extraterrestrial life is a near certainty.

Extraterrestrials having visited earth is the difficult part to believe. ETs would need to violate our current understanding of physics in order to travel the vast distances necessary for contact. There are always exceptions though ... Perhaps ETs could live on a planet which had access to elements, or states of elements we do not. I mean if ETs live on a planet where say meta-stable metallic hydrogen or element 115 is present and abundant, interstellar travel may be possible for them. Then again ... why would they visit earth? Isn't our planet a colossal fuck up?

Earlier someone mentioned sleep paralysis and I have had only a singular experience with that. I remember waking up and being unable to move my body. I don't know why ... but I did have an overwhelming sense of alien abduction in that moment. Thinking back I don't know why I felt that way. Fire in Sky did scar me for life as a kid ... so I have always been disturbed by the thought of alien abduction. After the paralysis ended, it immediately became clear that no ETs were involved. It was a strange experience, and I do understand where the alien abduction belief can come from when experiencing something like that.

I think its an interesting thought exercise to ask ourselves why they might visit what we call a colossal SNAFU. But by virtue of them being alien we might not be able to understand their motivations. Often we anthropomorphize our own pets and other local animals so its not unreasonable to see people attempting to do the same with ETs. For all we know they might get their jollies off watching us fuck up the planet. Or maybe its scientific curiousity or maybe scouting to determine when we are the most ripe to conquer/harvest? Who knows...

I think its a foregone conclusion that if we have had visitors that they have determined our "laws of physics" to be wrong. The only other way for them to get here (physically) would be so slow that you could be assured they do not come in peace...they come to stay. Of course maybe its all "astral projections". *shrug* like I said interesting thought exercise but just that until we have some real evidence.

Back