A Plan to Rescue the Web from the Internet

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Programmer Andre Saltz had advised that the Web began dying in 2014, as Google and Facebook were essentially influencing over 70% of traffic. He now suggests that we save it with peer-to-peer technology, which could replace HTTP and make the Web a content-centered cyberspace.

We need to realize that the Web can be independent from the Internet. The core weaknesses of the Internet have to be recognized, and how exactly they were exploited by middlemen businesses. The problem we are solving is both social and technical, so the solution must be a harmony of these two. Finally, all the tools and opportunities we need to supersede them are already in our hands: smartphones, peer-to-peer protocols, and mesh networks.

It would also be nice to come up with a secure protocol to go with a new web implementation, one that would remove some of anonymity by utilizing the device's mac address in the address system so that hackers can't disappear by releasing their address lease.

which probably is a major reason why cryptocurrency type transformations are taking off to increase anonymity (some have this as their goal).

with quantum computing in the future and other "its so fast your encryption is weak" it will be helpful to have securer https, less spoofed dns/servers etc. I'm all for net neutrality and removing pedophiles off the internet i'm just not sure how without pissing everyone off.

It would also be nice to come up with a secure protocol to go with a new web implementation, one that would remove some of anonymity by utilizing the device's mac address in the address system so that hackers can't disappear by releasing their address lease.

but people can fake mac and clone mac addresses?

I was assured that Net Neutrality was going to save the internet and Google and Facebook were two of the biggest proponents.

Does this mean that Net Neutrality was good for us or good for them?

http://babylonbee.com/news/internet...nline-says-man-decides-people-can-see-online/

*brings up deflector screens, double front

NN gives control of what you see to your search engine, no NN gives that control to your ISP and whatever search engine they allow you to use.

Either way, it's mostly good or not so bad for Google and Facebook, assuming ISPs choose not to block them. None of the options will free you from the influence of the Megacorps though.

Interesting, I was just thinking yesterday that this could be an answer to Net Neutrality concerns. Fascinating read.

Back