A Plague Tale Innocence

gerardfraser

[H]ard|Gawd
Game is Awesome I just read about it today.Got it thru steam 13 USD

First things first ,game is blurry as hell and no ultra widescreen but here's the fix and a video.I also used reshade for clarity since Nvidia freestyle not working in the game.

50 On The FLy Reshades for any game

Ultra Widescreen Fix for 21:9
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=33144

A Plague Tale: Innocence is an amazing game which sadly doesn't support Ultrawide (neither Gameplay nor Cutscenes).
You can easily fix this by Hex Editing the Game and changing all 39 8E E3 3F Hex Values with 8E E3 18 40 Hex Values (for 3440x1440; 26 B4 17 40 [instead of 8E E3 18 40] for 2560x1080; 9A 99 19 40 [instead of 8E E3 18 40] for 3840x1600).

Now you can enjoy both Gameplay and Cutscenes (aswell as the HUD) in 21:9 (even the Main Menu works).
Sometimes the transition between Loading Screen and Cutscene glitches out with red bars on the side but it shouldn't be too worrying (since it lasts only for the duration of the Loading Screen).

If you don't know how to Hex Edit:
Just download HxD -- Open HxD -- Press Control O -- Choose the Game's Exe (''APlagueTaleInnocence_x64'' in steamapps/common/APlagueTaleInnocence) -- Press Control R --Go to Hex Values (on top) --Search for 39 8E E3 3F and change it with 8E E3 18 40 --Activate Search direction all -- Press Change everything (bottom middle) -- (should change two values) Now go to the top left and save it where the normal exe is, changing it with the old one. If you have problems just repair the Game via Steam.

Blurry Screen Fix Open with text editor enginesettings

C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\A Plague Tale Innocence\enginesettings
Change setting 0 off/1 on .After you make changes ,right click on enginesettings ,go to properties and set as read only.

{DOF
Enabled 0
Quality 3
}
{MotionBlur
Enabled 0
Quality 3
}
{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 1
Sharpen 1
Fringe 0
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 1
LensFlare 1
FilmGrain 0
Vignette 0

Sure no problem.I have a 4K Monitor but prefer Ultrawide gaming it is just that much more immersive.
Voice acting ,story textures are great once you get rid of the horrible blurry stuff.

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-360-2019-05-15-18-21-56-57.jpg

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-360-2019-05-15-18-35-22-36.jpg

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-17-48-30-09.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-17-55-13-20.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-18-16-28-56.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-18-22-47-21.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-18-31-19-28.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-18-41-47-13.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-18-46-03-58.png

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-Screenshot-2019-05-15-18-57-12-21.png

I hear great things about the game- story, graphics and atmosphere are getting high praise...

The game is simple and not open world but no real annoying cut scenes.Lip syncing can be off a little ,the voice acting ,story graphics and atmosphere I really enjoyed.

As the first post goes ,the game is blurry as crap and no ultra wide screen support.Once that is sorted out is it all good.

I would say it is comparable to the Vanishing of Ethan Carter with some simple crafting and combat tossed in.I would never replay the game but truly enjoyable.

For me it is as enjoyable as Metro Exodus and Shadow Of the Tomb Raider for me,just short compared with all the exploring I did with the other two games.

A Plague Tale: Innocence- a fascinating game powered by stunning tech...a bespoke engine from a smaller developer delivers triple-A level visuals...

This is currently on sale at Newegg (Steam key) for $13.49. I picked it up, looks like a good game.

it's still available through Game Pass PC as well...I've been meaning to play this just for the graphics tech but haven't gotten around to it yet

it's still available through Game Pass PC as well...I've been meaning to play this just for the graphics tech but haven't gotten around to it yet

It’s a damn pretty game, and I really enjoyed the gameplay for the ~3 hours I’ve played so far. RDR2 has its hooks in me and is the only game I’m playing right now, but when I finish that I’m going to come back to this game.

I finally picked this up on the steam sale and it's a really good game. I was afraid it was going to be 100% story and very little gameplay, but so far it's been very fun but it's like playing a new genre of game that the devs just came up with (or maybe I'm discovering something new). Graphics are great but demanding so it's probably not bad to have waited for newer generations of GPUs to run it better.

^ wow , if it's demanding on your system , I'll have to wait couple more years to play this then !

^ wow , if it's demanding on your system , I'll have to wait couple more years to play this then !
I have everything maxed at 1440p except I think I turned off motion blur and depth of field, which I just personally dislike in most games. It feels like it's running at 60-80fps most of the time and I'm pretty happy with the performance since it's not a twitch shooter or anything. But yeah, in some ways I'm glad I can max it now since it's such an immersive game with the settings cranked up. I can see about doing a benchmark but it's not like my rig is running it at 200fps or anything.

I played it at 1440 with everything cranked on my 2070 S and it was fine. I love this game. A lot of people shit on the gameplay but the graphics, story, music, sound....it all comes together really well.

I played this on a GTX 1080 and it worked just fine at 1440p maxed out. I don't know what the actual framerate was, but it's not really a fast-paced game, it never felt sluggish or unplayable to me.

Refunded just too static gives me good eyestrain and voices are missing gameplay is rails.

Definitely a game that some will like and other will hate, it's not a sandbox. But it's a nice change of pace and an interesting game. Worth a playthrough, be make sure you get at least to the end of chapter one before quitting, it's really all tutorial up until then.

Back