A picture I took 2022

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
I used to enjoy the picture threads. Looks like the last good one was for 2018-2019?

Anyway, I took these pictures while on a camping/fishing trip with my oldest son.
PXL_20220430_161115802.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220430_163243276.PORTRAIT.jpg

Did you actually take this pic... The rules are that you are supposed to only take pictures you took in the year the thread title specifies.
Agreed for the initial post. I was reacting to your picture specifically, with a meme. Do you want me to delete it?

I had no idea Iron Maiden was still touring. Those guys have to be old by now. That said, the pic looks great, especially in the definition of the fire & smoke.

Oh, they are old, but they still put on an amazing show.

I see a lot of shows, and while I've enjoyed a few metal shows, I'm not even a metal head, and this was easily one of the top shows of any genre I've ever seen. I knew Iron Maiden put on spectacular shows, but this was more of a production than I had expected.

1666636380919.png
1666636428907.png

It was like a real life over-the-top Spïnal Tap thing. Not just painted backdrops, but enormous moving props, monsters in stilt suits (Eddie) pyrotechnics, fireworks, you name it. (How they got this OK:ed by the Worcester Fire Department, I'll never understand)

That, and they still sound good in their mid 60's. Bruce still has his voice, and he must be doing his cardio the way he was able to move around the stage, running and climbing like some sort of spider man.

He is more than 20 years my senior and able to do things I certainly can't, at least not without being so out of breath I certainly couldn't sing.

It took me until 2022 to see my first Iron Maiden show, and I wish it hadn't. Now that I know, I certainly won't miss another if they come anywhere near town.

Well worth it if you can catch them on their current tour. Who knows if/when they'll tour again.

Last edited:
Neat. I like it.

Not sure if it's YT or maybe it's my eyes deceiving me, but when you pan vertically, the video is noticeably less smooth (0:39, 0:55). Horizontal panning seems fine.

Neat. I like it.

Not sure if it's YT or maybe it's my eyes deceiving me, but when you pan vertically, the video is noticeably less smooth (0:39, 0:55). Horizontal panning seems fine.
Basically just has to do with difficulty in the movement. I was/am using a tripod not really designed for shooting a camera in this weight class. The head has no form of “fluid” in it. No resistance, not even a spring. I shot a lot of this stuff over more than one shot to attempt to get completely smooth pans/tils in order to overcome the gear, but this is definitely an occasion in which having a much nicer fluid head would have improved the look of the movement.

On tilts I had to overcome the weight of the camera. Generally from being neutral to being front weighted or back weighted or both or from one to the other. Trying to whip tilt gave the worst results. Pans are at least neutral.

The other thing my (relatively) inexpensive tripod also did was produce bumps/jitters. The slightest touch even when locked off would create a bump (such as starting/stopping the camera or doing all of my focus racks, which were done by hand). A lot of the shots were stabilized in post using Davinci's Stabilization and "Tripod Mode" setting to get the shots to be perfectly "locked".

Despite saying all this though, you’re the first person to comment about it. And I posted it to the Z Cam group where I assume everyone is picking over my images.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming my eyesight isn't giving up just yet :)

I suspected technical limitations of sorts at first, but it's so subtle, I really wasn't sure if maybe I was seeing something that wasn't there. I must say, you did an excellent job mitigating the equipment limitations!

Getting close to the end of the year. Guess I should post something. LOL
I took this a few months ago on a trip to N Cali. I believe it's Mt. Shasta at sunset.

Attachments

• DSC_7913.jpg
    DSC_7913.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 1
I just took these a while ago, as the snow was piling up...19°F outside...... burrrrr :D

Attachments

• Snow on deck PA.jpg
    Snow on deck PA.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Snowy pass.jpg
    Snowy pass.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 0
Back