A Picture I Took 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. These were from a plane with a heater, but we landed somewhere around 9000ft. It was surprisingly warm there too, maybe 40 degrees.

Oh wow 40 degrees? That's unexpected actually... Never would have guessed. Beautiful photos though. For sure. Thought you were on top of a mountain or something.

SedonaLogo.jpg

Damn, haven't been here all year. Photo activity has been down. Y'all have been doing your usual bang up job and making me feel like a piker. That being said -

Paine Field Aviation day
2017_05_20-aviation-day-6621 by BBGunWB, on Flickr

FHCAM Pacific Theater Day
2017_06_24-pacific-theater-day-6930 by BBGunWB, on Flickr

FHCAM Skyfair
2017_07_22-skyfair-7527 by BBGunWB, on Flickr

And my granddaughter at 6 months
2017_04_28-tulips-6219 by BBGunWB, on Flickr

2017_04_28-tulips-6463 by BBGunWB, on Flickr

Just got back from a 4 day kayak trip in the Apostle Islands, Lake Superior. I hemmed and hawed about bringing my camera and a few lenses but ultimately chickened out and just brought my Sony RX100m3. It was way easier to cart around. If you recall from an old thread of mine, I replaced the lens on it because of some damage to the front protective cover. Well, since then it's never been the same. It misses focus about 75% of the time, which is really frustrating. These turned out better than I was expecting, but still a little disappointed with the number of keepers from the trip.

DSC00816 by J Horton, on Flickr

DSC00887 by J Horton, on Flickr

DSC00901-2 by J Horton, on Flickr

DSC01124 by J Horton, on Flickr

I was, however, pretty impressed with this little camera's RAW capabilities and relatively low noise. I could push sharpening a lot farther on this RX100m3 than I can on my 70D.

Everyone and their mom is going to be capturing the eclipse. Kind of a turn off since I know whatever I get will not be unique. Still, I may try to snap it anyways. Did a quick test shot right now.

IMG_9527.JPG

^^^ Awesome shots. My attempts were unsuccessful due to cloud coverage. What focal length did you guys use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back