A Picture I took 2016

Oak Creek Canyon near Sedona, AZ

OakCreekCanyonFlow2.jpg

IMG_9074.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

Hope you guys aren't getting too sick of the Singapore shots, because I still have a few more to post. I've always kind of considered night cityscapes my "specialty," so I came away with a lot of images. I usually don't post a ton of photos of the same subject.

This is a 12-shot, single row panorama.

Marina Bay Panorama
by David Gevert, on Flickr

Keep them coming! They're clean!

Of all of the water droplet ones I think this one is my favorite. What I think might be the difference for me is the camera is more level and across the water as opposed to looking down at an angle at the droplet. I'd image the camera is already pretty low to the table, but since this one has a taller column you were incidentally forced to include more background to capture it from the side. I think it actually helps add to the effect for me having the angle changed and more contrast between the droplet and the background. It makes the droplet stand out even more.

Singapore's humidity was brutal the whole time I was there...I tried to give my equipment enough time to adjust but it still wasn't quite enough, as visible in this image around the bright light sources.

Gardens by the Bay
by David Gevert, on Flickr

Singapore's humidity was brutal the whole time I was there...I tried to give my equipment enough time to adjust

This was a real problem on my Indonesia trip. Others on the trip solved it by leaving their cameras on the balcony outside their air-conditioned hotel room when possible, but it was even a problem going from the coach.

Yeah, I should've left my bag out on my hotel balcony in Bali. It wouldn't have helped that morning in Singapore because my room in the Marina Bay Sands didn't have a balcony. Just a giant window with a wonderful view.

Great pic. And - despite it being a head-on shot - your reflection is not easily identifiable, which is really good.

Looked like sunset was setting up nicely Thursday night, got a few before low clouds killed it.

2016_05_15-waterfront-sunset-0442.jpg

2016_05_15-waterfront-sunset-0454.jpg

2016_05_15-waterfront-sunset-0466.jpg

Of course, Friday night we went to the movies, and came out to this fire in the sky and I had to simply record my missed opportunity with the cell.
0520162055a_HDR.jpg

...and I love the 70D, so much better than the 50D.

Very nice. Mind if I ask what lens these were through?

My dad is a big air show photog (hobbyist), and I understand it's really tough to get sharp pics while still showing the propeller motion. Takes some skill there. Haven't gone out to try it myself yet, but I'd like to.

Haven't made much time for photography yet this year. Hopefully I can get back into it again so I can start improving my skills. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so this is just a phone snap but its a step in the right direction I hope.

Rib Mountain View
by MrWrong66, on Flickr

Very nice. Mind if I ask what lens these were through?

My dad is a big air show photog (hobbyist), and I understand it's really tough to get sharp pics while still showing the propeller motion. Takes some skill there. Haven't gone out to try it myself yet, but I'd like to.
Thanks!

I'm just a hobbyist too. I make my living at Boeing. Living here in Everett, WA is an aviation buff's heaven with all the museums and regular classic aircraft flights around here from FHC, HFF and HFM.

The lens is the original 100-400L dustbuster. Happy enough with it, especially now with the 70D, that I don't see a real reason to upgrade to the newer one.

BB

Last edited:
Back