A Picture I took 2016

Chisholm Park, Tx

chisomlm%202.jpg

Chisolm%201.jpg

You killed it Daggah!!! Nice shot.

~~~~~~

This one was taken with my iPhone 7 Plus using the Pro Cam 4 app and edited in Adobe Lightroom.

Oak Creek, AZ (basically Sedona)

i7_OakCreek.jpg

It's actually a 9-image composite of a slow exposure (i.e., long enough to need a tripod, but not multiple seconds long). I stupidly took out my filters to clean them and make sure they're good to go, then promptly left them on my kitchen counter. And of course, the shot I posted using my 14-24mm, I don't have hundreds of dollars invested in a ultrawide filter setup for that, so I'm stuck with composites anyway. I essentially averaged 9 images together, which tends to work very well for water and clouds.

14708085_893856127412148_4696395544008956115_o.jpg

I haven't posted here I think all summer. Just got busy with projects. Here is something from a little earlier in the year for a campaign that just never ended up happening. Shame, since I think it's some of my best work.

May your life be filled with a lot of joy and laughter Domingow. I think you're going to be just fine.

14714958_894594437338317_6527514514528981481_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just recently moved into my new house and it has a pool. So I decided to try some underwater stuff. I called up a friend and she came over.

So This is my first time shooting underwater.. So I am still learning. I figured since I have the X-Pro2 and X-T2.. My X-T1 can become my dedicated underwater camera. Good thing about living in Houston with a heated pool.. I can go swimming or shooting year round :)

Getting ready for the super moon Monday. This is a stack of about 50 images I made in Registax. I converted my raw files to jpg in lightroom, opened in Registax, aligned, stacked, and adjusted sharpening. Then exported as png, brought back into Lightroom for levels, etc. I found Registax to be pretty finnicky. I took about 300 images, but I couldn't get it to use more than about 50 or so before it would crash in the alignment. These were @400mm on a 1.6x crop body. Frame was cropped ~60% in post also.

IMG_0201 registax by J Horton, on Flickr++

For comparison, a single shot, non-stacked.
IMG_0225 by J Horton, on Flickr

For more comparison, here's a single shot with the same camera, except with the 800mm f/5.6 + 1.4x extender. This was last summer, but IIRC, it was cropped maybe 10% only.
Moon by J Horton, on Flickr

A lot of great work here. Thanks for continuing to post your art. It is inspiring, and helps me come of with new travel ideas.

I got a new job with a printing company, and I get 4 night weekends every other week. So I can do more travelling, camping and photography! Very excited.

Wow some nice pics here, I like the really crisp moon ones. I can never get mine to be as sharp. I only paid like $200 for the lens though so I MIGHT be able to blame my equipment... but usually it's a photographer issue. :p

Here's mine:

And some northern light pics I took earlier this fall:

Wow, its been a while. Pics of my newest grandkid at one week old:

(still haven't gotten off my arse to move stuff to a new site off of google that allows hotlinking, apologies)
Album: https://goo.gl/photos/y15N6TriA3kDbXa56

In my non-studio basement, with the wife holding a baby blanket for a backdrop. :) I only have a couple 500W incandescents for lighting (a cheap B&H impact kit i picked up several years ago), so used those plus some occasional fill flash due to choosing to shoot backlit for some strange reason... I blew the focus, way too often as well, due to using zone focus instead of spot focus and having a bit too shallow depth of field. Gonna set up another session soon to fix the focus and backlighting errors.

Wow, its been a while. Pics of my newest grandkid at one week old:

(still haven't gotten off my arse to move stuff to a new site off of google that allows hotlinking, apologies)
Album: https://goo.gl/photos/y15N6TriA3kDbXa56

In my non-studio basement, with the wife holding a baby blanket for a backdrop. :) I only have a couple 500W incandescents for lighting (a cheap B&H impact kit i picked up several years ago), so used those plus some occasional fill flash due to choosing to shoot backlit for some strange reason... I blew the focus, way too often as well, due to using zone focus instead of spot focus and having a bit too shallow depth of field. Gonna set up another session soon to fix the focus and backlighting errors.

Hey BB, these are excellent! Cute grandkid too. I was just in the hospital with my wife a few days ago welcoming our 2nd son. She had all the work to do so I just had my camera to pass the time. I made an album mostly to share with family, but feel free to browse if you'd like to see my take on infant photos... I had a hospital recovery room as a back drop and no flash so it's the best I could do haha. Also I don't generally like taking people photos (my introverted self shies away from it). Are you shooting with a full frame camera? I'm on a crop sensor and I find that even at f/2.8 I can shoot wide open and rarely have DOF issues. I still try to use spot focus and get their foremost eye when I can.

Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskMaUpFd

I wasn't planning on posting these, but here's one of my bests.
IMG_1353 by J Horton, on Flickr

Back