A Picture I Took 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Michigan vs. Oregon State game yesterday. Snagged some good pics.

Whole album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskjGXkBV

Most of these were taken with my crappy Canon EF 75-300mm mkIII lens (no IS), because of the stupid 6 inch lens rule for Michigan stadium. But, conditions happened to be pretty good - overcast - to minimize a lot of the gosting and coma, and chromatic aberration could be taken out by turning the purple and magenta (and sometimes green) channels saturation to zero (thankfully team colors were blue, yellow, and orange... no thanks to the white though).

Favs (sorry for the photo dump... there's so many good ones):

Michigan Marching Band by J Horton, on Flickr

tubas by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_9017 by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_9126 by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_9494 by J Horton, on Flickr

Michigan by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_9747 by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_9804 by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_9793 by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_9740 by J Horton, on Flickr

IMG_0515 by J Horton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice pics. It's always a pain to get good action shots of sports, especially when you can't bring the good stuff with you. ;)

I spent all of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday shooting photos and film of a children's charity event at one of the local remote-control clubs. Some fantastic models and flying along with a couple very spectacular crashes (which I managed to capture on film).

Geebee Racer by Gear Driver, on Flickr

Quality Assurance (Fly For Tots 2015) by Gear Driver, on Flickr

Last edited:
My wife and I interrupted this fox's nap time, but he didn't seem to mind

Fox Nap by
locutus24, on Flickr

Wanted to include a test shot I took with my non-IS 70-200 f/2.8, and shot on my EOS M2

Test shot
by locutus24, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nahant Beach, MA

Edit: Both shot using Phantom 3

bb8f12b360cee95900480f07b6a9c99e-xlarge.jpg

8a789d58d0ac575d5886c96fefcb5ddd-xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I didn't die...but my tour here in Turkey has turned to complete shit. We've been locked to base for months. I finally made it off base...on a Euro trip that hit up France, Belgium, and the Netherlands. So, after what seems like forever, I finally have photos to post...so I'll be going through them in the very near future.

I'll start with an abstract I took in Belgium:

Down the Rabbit Hole by David Gevert, on Flickr

Hey guys, I didn't die...but my tour here in Turkey has turned to complete shit. We've been locked to base for months. I finally made it off base...on a Euro trip that hit up France, Belgium, and the Netherlands. So, after what seems like forever, I finally have photos to post...so I'll be going through them in the very near future.

I'll start with an abstract I took in Belgium:

Down the Rabbit Hole by David Gevert, on Flickr

Wow. Really great photo. Love it.

Few photos of the Super Blood Moon Eclipse. I was watching the eclipse and the photos were of secondary interest, so no artsy environment shots this time.

2015-09-27_blood_moon_1_by_Adam_J_Bavier.jpg
2015-09-27_blood_moon_2_by_Adam_J_Bavier.jpg
2015-09-27_blood_moon_3_by_Adam_J_Bavier.jpg
2015-09-27_blood_moon_4_by_Adam_J_Bavier.jpg

First 3 were shot on my old D300S. The 1 to 1 liveview on that camera is really great for focusing on the moon, but I forgot how to use it to preview exposure so I was always looking at a blown out moon which doesn't work for focusing.:rolleyes:

Last one is the sharpest from the total eclipse time. Shot it at 1.3 seconds at 300mm on the D800E. Really tough to focus since the D800 doesn't do 1 to 1 magnification in liveview, and my 70-300 lens slowly shifts focus which makes everything more impossible.

Heavy clouds rolled in after the last picture.

2017 eclipse is at 1PM, so nearly straight up. My lens certainly won't work. May need to use a standard telescope?

Great shots Daggah! Yeah, that one of Mont St Michel is awesome looking. I'd love to to do a shoot there.

Thatcher Island off coast of Rockport, MA

202c1bac5b38dc1a5b4dd1bee5947822-xlarge.jpg

The Friendship at sunset in Salem, MA

349a8fa52d3d1bfd410297ffab4118a8-xlarge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back