A Picture I Took 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
One photo from a batch I took for my buddy that is selling his car.
X6M for sale by ZJChaser, on Flickr

Also selling my 7D, all my Sigma EX(30mm, 10-20mm, 17-55mm, and 70-200mm) lenses and a bunch of accessories. I dont have a high enough post count to post in the FS forum so shoot me a PM if interested and I'll send you my Craigslist ad that has all the info.

67da3bbb8588574ac964ab49e1e025ed

Xiamen Street by Andrei Ursuleac on 500px

glad you liked it, it was an amazing place ... so colorful

Unfortunately our ship only gave us a half a day to visit. Even so I still took quite a few photos, I will post some more later :)

and one more pic for tonight:

97c1ea08151268efeb2dc081ecd85d01

Color Alley by Andrei Ursuleac on 500px

took it a few days ago in Gent during a local light festival

Last edited:
Just got back from Okinawa last night! I've got a lot of pictures to go through. Sadly, I struggled with cloudy, gloomy weather the entire week I was there. I got up early as hell several mornings only to be greeted by a gray, depressing scene at sunrise.

Climbing down a rocky cliff/steep hill was totally worth it to get these shots on the second day:

Okinawa's Southern Coast
by davidgevert, on Flickr

Okinawa's Southern Coast

More to come from Okinawa...

Very cool! Love the textures & colors in this.

Just got back from Okinawa last night! I've got a lot of pictures to go through. Sadly, I struggled with cloudy, gloomy weather the entire week I was there. I got up early as hell several mornings only to be greeted by a gray, depressing scene at sunrise.

Climbing down a rocky cliff/steep hill was totally worth it to get these shots on the second day:
More to come from Okinawa...

These all look great! Looks like the cloudy weather worked perfect in these. Love the long exposures. I'm hoping to get to the beach and try some similar stuff in a few weeks.

I developed my first roll of B&W film at home. I chose to go with an alternate developer called Caffenol. Uses: washing soda, vitamin C, Instant Coffee and Potassium Bromide (KBr). The KBr doesn't have to be used, but helps to clear up fogging of the film base, and since this film was ~10 years old I figured it would help.

Film Tmax 400.
Caffenol C-H (RS)
Washing soda: 40g
Vit C: 16g
KBr: 1.5g
Instant Coffee: 40g
Time: 14.5 minutes. 10 inversions, then 3 every minute.
Fixing time: 6 minutes in Ilford Rapid Fixer.

The negatives were a little thin. The ones I knew I overexposed looked great however. I used ASA 320, but I should have shot it at 200. In hindsight I could have instead of shooting at 200, increased the developing time.

Sperry Water Tower in Eagan, MN
2015_0206_Sperry_Water_Tower_Eagan_MN_At_Night_1_by_Adam_J_Bavier.jpg

2015_0206_Sperry_Water_Tower_Eagan_MN_At_Night_2_by_Adam_J_Bavier.jpg

Scanned in Vuescan with the Tmax 400 D-76 CI = 0.4 profile, then in Lightroom black levels and a heavy contrast curve added. Scanner used: CanoScan FS4000US.

^^Oh man, that brings back some memories. I did a few semesters of dark-room in school 2001-2002 ish. Some day I still intend to get back into it, but definitely have to get the full projector setup and do all the printing in darkroom as well.

^^Oh man, that brings back some memories. I did a few semesters of dark-room in school 2001-2002 ish. Some day I still intend to get back into it, but definitely have to get the full projector setup and do all the printing in darkroom as well.

Yeah being able to make prints would be great. I made prints back in middle school. I don't have the space for a dedicated darkroom. There are a lot of enlargers on my local Craigslist. I'm not sure if I'd like the transition to full analog, cloning out specks is a lot easier on the computer. Plus, I'm using expired film that has base fog, and that might not work well.

2015_0208_Chippewa_Fall_Train_Tracks.jpg

Not HD or any of the eye candy professionalism shown in this thread, but taken on my phone:

DSC_0021_zpssy6annrd.jpg

DSC_0024_zps28mqykyu.jpg

Brought the camera out for a sunrise ride this morning. First time trying out the Sony fisheye adapter on the 20mm pancake.

What camera / lens combination is this? The only 20mm pancake lens I know if is for the u4/3 platform. I've tried adapting fisheyes to the 20mm panny with varied success...

https://flic.kr/p/r927Dd
Okuma Sunset

The Whale Shark Tank

I should have fought the crowd to get the perfect spot on the last picture...I'm not perfectly centered. :/

Nice! Both of these are good. I am planning a trip to Atlanta aquarium in a few weeks as well (they have a whale share there too). Can't wait to take the new camera for fish shooting! I took a rented D600 to a smaller aquarium in DC last year, and the results I got there were pretty awesome. The current generation of DSLR's is finally able to to cope with the low-light conditions of aquariums, so you can get some really spectacular results for underwater wildlife. Can't wait to take the 750 to aquarium! Now if they'd just hurry up and get the recalled ones back to amazon...

Nice! Both of these are good. I am planning a trip to Atlanta aquarium in a few weeks as well (they have a whale share there too). Can't wait to take the new camera for fish shooting! I took a rented D600 to a smaller aquarium in DC last year, and the results I got there were pretty awesome. The current generation of DSLR's is finally able to to cope with the low-light conditions of aquariums, so you can get some really spectacular results for underwater wildlife. Can't wait to take the 750 to aquarium! Now if they'd just hurry up and get the recalled ones back to amazon...

for ultra low light capability you could try renting an a7s

Had to go to a funeral in Gadsden AL today. Wandered around the old town and snapped a few while I was there.

Gadsden-1.JPG

Gadsden-2.JPG

Gadsden-3.JPG

Gadsden-4.JPG

Gadsden-5.JPG

for ultra low light capability you could try renting an a7s

Oooh, hadn't seen the specs on that one yet. Impressive, but I'm already invested into Nikon glass, so planning to stick with them for the foreseeable future. Not planning on renting any more bodies any time soon

What camera / lens combination is this? The only 20mm pancake lens I know if is for the u4/3 platform. I've tried adapting fisheyes to the 20mm panny with varied success...

He is correct. On a Sony a6000

Here is another from my drive home today with the same combo:

Random Six Flags Coaster by ZJChaser, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great B&Ws Daggah, madFive and Neutrino. I notice the B&Ws more now that I'm taking them myself.

Tmax 100, expired ~10 years. Developed in Caffenol C-L. Presoak 5 min, then full stand process, 70 minutes. Good highlight and shadow retention from what I see. Had to make sure I watched the scanning exposure so that things didn't needlessly clip(my scanner lets me adjust this). Scanned in Vuescan as Slide Film and inverted in Photoshop and further processed in Lightroom (This workflow appears to produce better files than selecting a B/W Negative in Vuescan).

Maple Grove, MN Ranchview Ln Water Tower. For the second and third photos I revisited the bridge where a police officer visited me two years back. Tele photo taken with a Miida 75-205 and a Hanimex 2x teleconverter. Never really use this combo, too windy to get an impression of how sharp it truly is.
2015_0210_Maple_Grove_MN_Water_Tower_1.jpg
2015_0211_Maple_Grove_MN_Water_Tower_2.jpg

2015_0211_Maple_Grove_MN_Water_Tower_3.jpg
2015_0211_1.jpg

^ fantastic!

I'd clone out that vertical line in the center though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back