A Picture I Took 2014 - Contains NSFW Images

2014016217.jpg

2014016257.jpg

2014016269.jpg

I took a gamble and ran entire shoot with only the x100s

Diana I by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

I love it so much, I am actually considering the blasphemous thought of dumping FF nikon all together and going mirrorless! - not yet... the moment a fuji ultra-wide becomes available

Last edited:
Samyang has a 10mm coming for APS-C Mirrorless- I'm almost tempted to get one for my EOS-M.

New series of work in an editorial style shoot. I really enjoyed shooting and color grading this. But I suppose we all do when they're personal projects.

Gd6u2sSc2pRdfkJuxqW4VGAafeWt61gkqooICxK7hXk=w927-h1159-no

Jeremiah_Bostwick_-_In_my_space_-_5037.jpg

Jeremiah_Bostwick_-_Fun_-_5070.jpg

Jeremiah_Bostwick_-_Consumate_Professional_-_5089.jpg

I love this shot! Time stood still for the couple. Great job on the hijack! :D

Ty! It happened rather quick. There were two older guys hogging the center of the ledge, they didn't realize what was going on, they were busy talking about some irrelevant matter and taking pictures of the ceiling with some point and shoot (they were just casual tourists). The couple were invisible, no one really noticed them, when I saw them pose dead center (their photographer being below me), I quickly set the camera, rudely nudged those two guys out of the way "excuse me sir, you dont need this spot, do you?!", let the camera rest on the ledge, and I took 3 1-second pictures. the first came out perfect. The second came out well, and the third was a failure. It was all over then, they moved and carry on.

I didnt realize how well it turned out till I got home days later. (The picture is a composite of the 2 images that came out well) :)

Turboprop by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

One from the Mamiya.. trying to get some use out of it :)

Not my best work, but I decided to try my hand at some street photography (a new genre for me) today in the snow.

Nikon D90, 50mm F/1.4D

And of course, an obligatory picture of the car in the snow...

Not my best snow pictures. I'm a bit rusty, haven't had much time for my photography hobby lately. This one is probably my best in the snow (reached explore on Flickr a couple of years back) but I'll leave it as a link only, as it is by no means a 2014 shot :p

Thanks! That means a lot to me. I really admire your shots.

The E stands for Eliza.

Gawd, no film in sight. :( Just 2 then for the old timers.

First up, 4x5 large format pinhole, Ilford Delta 100 Pro film:

Next, 1930s-style Hollywood portraiture - 8x10 large format Kodak Tri-X Pan film:

Also, I don't want to hog too much space, but I want to show off a couple shots from the annual Ice Races. This is the first year I've been present for them and I've never photographed anything like this before. They're held on the ice of Lake Michigan. There are four days of races with one held each consecutive weekend. I missed the first, but made it to the second and third (third was a night race) and there's one more this coming Saturday.

Taking the Lead by Jason Crouse, on Flickr

46 by Jason Crouse, on Flickr

37 by Jason Crouse, on Flickr

32 by Jason Crouse, on Flickr

67 by Jason Crouse, on Flickr

78 Glamour by Jason Crouse, on Flickr

That Oly sure did a good job in low light at high ISOs with the telezoom! How well did you find the focus working?

Thanks! Focus was outpacing my skills, but then those are in short supply. I did have some trouble in the middle of the races when so much snow was up in the air you could barely make out the cars; I didn't have any issues when the same thing happened during the day races so I'm curious if it was a combination of the snow and the lights they had set up diffusing through it. I switched to manual focus for that period and switched back once it cleared some. I also could have raised the iso more as well, but I was trying to see how low I could push the shutter and adequately keep pace with the cars; that gave me a nice challenge.
It was a lot of fun; ended up behind the camera from roughly 6:00-11:30 that night.

Back