A Picture I took - 2013

[--url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/daggah/11171095125/]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5497/11171095125_6a7f4f81ab_b.jpg[--/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/daggah/11171095125/]The Way Out is Through[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/daggah/]davidgevert[/url], on Flickr[/QUOTE]

Wow, great shot!

Nice set James.

Daggah, sorry to hear about your D800. I can only imagine that time slowed to a crawl, and all the pictures you've took flashed through your mind, as you watched that camera hit the ground. Gives me shivers thinking about it. Nice warp shots.

Here is my swivel strap. I connect mine to the corner hook.
2013_1202_Camera_Strap_Le_Hook_plus_LOK-DOWN_swivel_Adam_Bavier.jpg

These are the basic instructions I followed. Le Hook + Sling Swivel for a Riffle strap. I didn't do any fancy sewing on the webbing; I used some large webbing that once secure sleeping backs to my backpack frame.

Good ole' Lake LA!! Awesome to see that old place again. My wife's family lives out there and we drive past that place on the way in from Lancaster. I've lost count of how many movies, TV shows, and music videos we've seen with that place in the background. Was the Sheriff part of a project or just happened to be close by?

This part is actually Lancaster, CA. But you know it's right next to Lake LA. And yeah, a lot of places film right there. As for the Sheriff, I can't divulge details. :)

This part is actually Lancaster, CA. But you know it's right next to Lake LA. And yeah, a lot of places film right there. As for the Sheriff, I can't divulge details. :)

I forgot to comment myself, but it was an excellent series of shots. If I had to be ultra picky, I would say just pick one out of the two shots of the bandanna faced guy because they aren't unique enough to post both (I prefer the first one, as the proximity to the subject as well as the wide angle used upwards makes him feel more intimidating and gives him presence in the frame), but the lighting and execution of the set was done very well. I also liked your post work.

Thank you for the comments. Shooting the abstract artist Michael Jones was not a planned shoot. It just happened. :) I also like the first one, but many like the second one of him. Donit made sense to post both to see who preferred what.

Out if all the shots, the cop car is my favorite. :)

Daggah, those are wild shots man!

Thank you for the comments. Shooting the abstract artist Michael Jones was not a planned shoot. It just happened. :) I also like the first one, but many like the second one of him. Donit made sense to post both to see who preferred what.

Out if all the shots, the cop car is my favorite. :)

Daggah, those are wild shots man!

lol I was gonna ask how the heck you catch the sheriff car in action like that? great shots!

I also like the first one, but many like the second one of him. Donit made sense to post both to see who preferred what

It just depends on what you're trying to do. My problem is that my brain thinks everyone else should be doing what I'm doing, which makes absolutely no sense, so I apologize and I'll get that out of the way first.

But my intent is about thinking like an editor. I'm trying to develop my own portfolio and my own book and as a result, I have a supreme avoidance towards anything that looks remotely the same or has any form of duplication because a series of repeating images become extremely boring to the viewer. As an example, both of those images would never be used in a magazine article because of their similarity, however the other two of course easily could because the subject matter is different. Same theme, different subject.

Part of being an excellent editor is selecting the best image from a particular set and that's the one you use. It's a skill I'm working on, not perfect at it yet as like all photographers do, I second guess myself all the time, however it's generally easier to do with someone else's work rather than your own.

If however you're just posting a bunch of images looking for feedback, then that serves an entirely different purpose. I'm constantly working at trying to not let anything I don't want past the veil. See? Darn my brain is annoying.

For a portfolio I would definitely remove similar looking images. These three are just simple posting on a forum. :)

I get where you're coming from .

That's a great shot, but you should reduce Wat term ark size and put it on the image instead of in a border.

POTN_JS, Beautiful skies, great capture. I'm heading out to Pheonix, AZ next week. Any suggestions for good location for shots?

If you're looking for Landscape, go for the Superstition Mountains and South Mountain. Also check out Lake Saguaro. Also, Tempe Town Lake and Mill Ave are fantastic.

With all of the sales going on I picked up a 60D earlier this week. Here are a few of the first shots I took with it. Still have no idea what I am doing but I am having fun learning.

Install the DPP software that came with it, update it, shoot only RAW, and grab a 50/1.8 II. You'll have a blast :).

Install the DPP software that came with it, update it, shoot only RAW, and grab a 50/1.8 II. You'll have a blast :).

Going to try and play with Lightroom a bit. I used to use PS for work but it was at least 6-7 yrs ago.

Ordered the 50/1.8 yesterday...Should be here Monday:)
Just have the 18 - 135 IS STM kit lens for now.

Going to try and play with Lightroom a bit. I used to use PS for work but it was at least 6-7 yrs ago.

Ordered the 50/1.8 yesterday...Should be here Monday:)
Just have the 18 - 135 IS STM kit lens for now.

Lightroom will certainly make quick work of it; stop down that 50 while avoiding highlights, and be amazed how quickly you can make sharp shots :).

Morning of the Ice Storm we had here in Texas recently. We had a temperature drop of 50-70 degrees in a matter of 12 hours.

We had some snow.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisperscky/11321979084]
11321979084_bf408b7fc6_b.jpg
[/url]

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisperscky/11321968676]
11321968676_645dcedf7c_b.jpg
[/url]

I haven't shared anything for a bit...been busy shooting and editing! I did pick up a sheet of plexi, so I've been wanting to do some more shoots with reflections.

IMG_0389_zps5fa940f9.jpg

IMG_0252_zps3c3dcd22.jpg

IMG_0306_zps3d752ea1.jpg

IMG_0514_pp_zps41390589.jpg

IMG_0527_pp_zps024c464a.jpg

IMG_0505_pp_zpse3c93686.jpg

IMG_0675_pp_zpsacc41730.jpg

IMG_1099_pp_zpse229c544.jpg

Nice take on this. I went to the local aquarium yesterday, and It is quite tough

It was indeed very difficult for me to photograph there. The lighting was low and terrible, thick curved glasses, and the damn jelly fishes wouldn't stand still :eek:. I was pretty disappointed not getting as many keepers as I would like. So I bought the membership for unlimited visits for the year to come back and try again. :D

Jelly Fish 2 by pyrospawn, on Flickr

Ryan (B+W 3) by pyrospawn, on Flickr

Yesenia (B+W 1) by pyrospawn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Took the kids to see the Holiday Express train that rolled through. Got a new D5100 so I've been playing around although I know nothing about photography but will learn.

Back