A Picture I took - 2013

nMl-tb-ys1ACVIBGYYT2UjALHjmswwpOCGTDCwveVhQ=w894-h1118-no

The metal object in the corner is distracting. Also, what's up with the harsh light in this one? Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Boys and girls there are some fantastic photos in this thread, keep up the good work!

Not sure why, but this image is getting a lot of attention on Google+. Somewhat odd. I put thoughts up about it on my blog/website.

Gate of Bronze, made from the finest architectural grade bronze, 90% copper, with all of the casing no less than 3/16" thick at any point.

Beautifully built to exacting specifications by the Coleman Bronze Company of Chicago, 1934.

As seen at the Wrigley Memorial & Botanical Gardens, Avalon, California.

Not sure why, but this image is getting a lot of attention on Google+. Somewhat odd. I put thoughts up about it on my blog/website.

Gate of Bronze, made from the finest architectural grade bronze, 90% copper, with all of the casing no less than 3/16" thick at any point.

Beautifully built to exacting specifications by the Coleman Bronze Company of Chicago, 1934.

As seen at the Wrigley Memorial & Botanical Gardens, Avalon, California.

It's a great image, but like you, I see nothing exciting about it. I've noticed this behavior about a lot of work, and I've got my own theory on that phenomenon, but I don't think I want to divert this thread into a dreaded discussion.

PS. Kudos on fixing that metal thing in the portrait above ;)

Got back today from my trip to DC with the D600 - had so much fun playing with this thing! I want one. :cool:

dc2013-1.jpg

dc2013-2.jpg

dc2013-4.jpg

dc2013-5.jpg

dc2013-6.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few trying out the telephoto and macro on D600. I shot tons of these and lots of them were screwed up by my not selecting a fast enough shutter speed and having lots of micro-motion-blur. Few of 'em turned out amazing looking though. :D

dc2013-7.jpg

dc2013-8.jpg

dc2013-9.jpg

dc2013-10.jpg

I don't really, and I am probably going to get the blackmagic pocket cinema camera, once I see some tests and reviews, which is mft so that probably makes more sense,

What M4/3 models would you recommend, and what lenses?

The Panasonic GX1 is reliably available for very cheap, or any of the entry-level Olympus models. I have an OM-D myself that I use.

As far as lenses, well, take your pick! I have the Olympus 17mm 1.8, the Panasonic 25mm 1.4, the Olympus 45mm 1.8, the Olympus 12-50 kit lens, and an Olympus 40-150 kit zoom. I primarily shoot primes with it though. I also have an assortment of Minolta MC/MD legacy lenses with adapter, and a Nikon adapter.

But the best things about the m4/3 system are the fantastic full assortment of primes. This is an advantage that even Canon and Nikon's crop-sensor cameras can't claim - you can get (in 35mm equivalent focal lengths) a range of fast primes covering 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 90mm, and 150mm!

^That's a cool shot Vroom!
Got back today from my trip to DC with the D600 - had so much fun playing with this thing! I want one. :cool:
Very nice! And the noise isn't too bad at 4000ISO. Cool. I'm sure you're itching to give $2k to Amazon/BH/Whatever now :p

^That's a cool shot Vroom!

Very nice! And the noise isn't too bad at 4000ISO. Cool. I'm sure you're itching to give $2k to Amazon/BH/Whatever now :p

I agree, I have to say the ISO performance of the D600 is pretty impressive. Couple that with a high MP where you can smoothen the noise easily, and it becomes a beast at night.

I promised one of my friends to do a shoot with her and this is one of the more fun, tame shots.

Anyone with retouching experience know what I can do to help with the hair on her arms?

IMG_7009_mm_zps6013865f.jpg

In Lightroom.

Brush>Soft Skin, set Shadows to +100 and lower Sharpness. Dunno, what the effect will be when you try this with the full res image, but here's what I got with the image above:

i-3PFMKnt-XL.jpg

Just a quick and dirty fix.

In Lightroom.

Brush>Soft Skin, set Shadows to +100 and lower Sharpness. Dunno, what the effect will be when you try this with the full res image, but here's what I got with the image above:

Awesome! I'll give it a try. Thanks!

One more from the same shoot:

IMG_69231028_zpsade51a34.jpg

I promised one of my friends to do a shoot with her and this is one of the more fun, tame shots.

Anyone with retouching experience know what I can do to help with the hair on her arms?

IMG_7009_mm_zps6013865f.jpg

A razor. Seriously..

But I would try healing it, especially if you have lightroom 5. It would probably be tedious though.

From the Japanese botanical gardens in Ft. Worth, Texas. Yes, this is my gf. :p This was my first trek outdoors with my D800. Some constructive feedback would be awesome!

Yes I know the clouds are crushed in the last pic, it was super bright out and this was the best I could do with the file.

DSC_0258 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0327 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0301 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0238 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0271 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0328 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0230 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0274 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0236 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0233 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

DSC_0313 by AndrewUrban84, on Flickr

In Lightroom.

That brush worked wonders! Thanks again!

IMG_70091028_zps7a1c874d.jpg

its been quite some time since i have posted in this thread.

all of these shots are done with the 5d2 and 70-200 2.8L

215 - 365 by andrewnarit, on Flickr

Circle on Cavil by andrewnarit, on Flickr

porsche cayman interior by andrewnarit, on Flickr

186 - 365 by andrewnarit, on Flickr

Mercedes C-Class Coupe AMG by andrewnarit, on Flickr

Audi R8 V10 by andrewnarit, on Flickr

188 - 365 by andrewnarit, on Flickr

these are with the x100s

202 - 365 by andrewnarit, on Flickr

Surfers Paradise [EXPLORED] by andrewnarit, on Flickr

Fuji X100s Sunset by andrewnarit, on Flickr