A Picture I took - 2013

Told ya ;) Totally worth the price of admission. The place really is something else.

Definitely is worth it! Apparently I don't have enough contrast in my photos though... :eek: Oh well, first attempt and I will be back.

33e5xxy.jpg

Definitely is worth it! Apparently I don't have enough contrast in my photos though... :eek: Oh well, first attempt and I will be back.

I wasn't referring to pictures you posted. Some of the portraits that have been posted recently have taken the old film/instagram look to the point of extremes, with the end result looking very flat in my opinion.

hmmmm, interesting, while i would never use the instragram look (and i'm guilty of it in instragram), i thought those pictures were pulled off very well, especially considering the subject

The Postcard Shot by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm still learning, and most of my pics are pretty uneventful, starting to figure out what different settings/things do on my camera. since I stopped using auto everything, bout 8 out of 10 of the pics I shoot get deleted. I think I'm getting better though. This was just messing with the camers in my office this morning.

Vinyl by leezardmik, on Flickr

First attempt at Antelope Canyon. What an amazing place! Do not visit this area and pass it up.

9037903788_8236d80cc9_b.jpg

Nice eth3ton! Yeah it was pretty awesome, did you visit upper, lower, or both?

I still haven't got around to working on any of mine, in fact I probably won't for a while at least. But I quickly just grabbed this frame at random from some of my photos, that I took, I only went to the Lower Canyon. Tell me what you guy's think, it was my first time using the 7D, I typically use my Nikon D70 but, I was able to borrow the 7D from a friend, so I used that on this trip because of the better quality.

And I know I need to stop using photobucket and get a better logo/watermark.

_MG_3623_zpsee2e7826.jpg

Last edited:
Wow your's seems to have a lot more color, did you add that in post, and what time did you take the tour?

The difference from the Raw, (or even the JPG Export) to the Jpg Upload on Photobucket is a disaster it looks like I bleached the image!

Last edited:
001-57-X2.jpg

Antelope is crazy awesome.

FWIW, I took a tripod with me when I was there, and underexposed just about every shot. Seemed to work out for me just fine with a D80. (shots taken before noon)

FWIW, I took a tripod with me when I was there, and underexposed just about every shot. Seemed to work out for me just fine with a D80. (shots taken before noon)

I tried to do some handheld manual bracketing I haven't tried to do anything with it yet though so I have no idea if it is going to work.

Nice eth3ton! Yeah it was pretty awesome, did you visit upper, lower, or both?

Thanks for the comments! Love the lighting in your shot!

Just the lower. It was crazy busy at the upper and we missed the 10-2 tours so it would have been a wash anyway for the light beams.

That shot is amazing! Love it!

Nice Antelope Canyon photos.

Nice plane shots. Haven't been to a show yet, but I'm sure those things exude power.

I'm hoping I have one or two good landscape shots on some 120 film that is waiting to be developed. Though I took it on expired film, so anything could happen. Have 3 more shots to take and then it is getting mailed to NCPS. Going to have them scan them this time to see how well their scanning service is.

Looking forward to it. BTW MN Scout, do you live in or near Maple Grove MN? Somewhere by Minneapolis/St. Paul? I only ask because I think I remember seening Maple Grove water tower photos here, and I think I passed those by on my recent road trip :D

I live about a block away from the northern most water tower in Maple Grove.

If any of you regulars in this thread ever plan to be in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area and have a bit of time to spare, message me and we can meet and eat somewhere around Saint Paul and take some random photos of the skyline. I lived in Saint Paul for two years and became quite fond of it, never should have left.

Last edited:
I recently moved to AZ from SoCal. So here we go:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

^^ ISO 12,800 ~ Excuse the mess (grain). I'm just fascinated with geckos and recently discovered that they are all over the place here (I'm in Mesa). In CA, we pay a pet store to have them as pets!

These are kindof boring photographically, but I'm excited about them because it's my first ever attempt at growing my own food! :D

garden-june-1.jpg

garden-june-2.jpg

garden-june-5.jpg

Still messing around with my vacation pics. (here's my roadtrip thread for those who missed it).

Canada-21-X2.jpg

Canada-14-X2.jpg

Last edited:
^^ Wow! Glad you linked the GenMay thread there - I totally missed that before. Tons of great shots - well done!

Thank you! Today I received the prints (finally!) and they look even better than on the screen! Most are 8x12 and you know what? I wish I had them printed a lot bigger than that! BTW, B&W prints with linen finish are awesome!

Thank you! Today I received the prints (finally!) and they look even better than on the screen! Most are 8x12 and you know what? I wish I had them printed a lot bigger than that! BTW, B&W prints with linen finish are awesome!

Yeah, with the giant pixel-count on your new body, should really pick a few of the best ones and print some big 24x36" ones just because you can. :D

Yeah, with the giant pixel-count on your new body, should really pick a few of the best ones and print some big 24x36" ones just because you can. :D
Haha... it has crossed my mind to do that :D Two or three prints, and maybe a kick ass frame. And then if I get bored one weekend, I'll set up in front of a local church and try to sell them at $250 a piece ;) And if nothing else, I'll have something unique for the 2013 Secret Santa :D

Thank you! I definitely prefer doing landscapes over anything else. The past six months has been nothing but baby pictures.

i-rrbnkwc-X2.jpg

The kicker? It's not even my kid, lol :eek: (ok... it's my sis' firstborn :p) And as awesome as he may be, I still prefer rocks and sticks over people :D

Back