A Picture I took - 2013

Absolutely Stunning!!!

Fantastic photo! The very slight haze makes it for me! Love the reflection/shadow in the water as well :)

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it. I would have responded earlier, but I didn't want to without posting another image (less comments more images! amirite?)

Here's one from a wedding I shot last weekend. I made this mock Vogue cover out of inside jokes that I developed with the family. No one else will really get it, but I found it to be a really fun exercise in creativity as well as humor. This took waaaay longer than you might think (unless you're in design).
I have maximum respect for designers. Getting fonts and colors to look just right is impossibly hard.

Susie+on+the+Cover+of+French+Vogue+-+Iredale%253AKline+Wedding.jpg

Very nice photos Ryan. How are you getting the background completely devoid of any of the rest of the milky way?

Well, I can't really tell you that, because I am not 100% sure how. I am using short exposures (Less than 1 second) and I am also editing them in Photoshop to change the color levels and contrast.

Pics for daughter's college of performing arts junior recital:

b-2013_04_23-danielle-tulips-8615-corrected.png

b-2013_04_23-danielle-tulips-8650-corrected.png

She's studying opera at WWU and just closed out performing as Prince Charming in Cendrillon (traditionally a role played by a mezzo like my daughter), hence the really short hair. A short clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZbqY8nXZo

BB

Haven't posted in a while, but here's a young street performer in Shibuya.

Spinning Webs in Shibuya by davidgevert, on Flickr

This is my third weekend in Japan and my first that I didn't go anywhere. :( I'm going to use getting settled in to my new place as my excuse, but next weekend, I plan on at least hitting up Harajuku.

I know its not nearly as good as what some of you are posting but I just started getting into photography so I have a lot of stuff to learn yet.

Chino Planes of Fame, Saturday. Editing on this crappy old Asus laptop with its magic contrast change screen (depending on viewing angle) is a royal pain. Have about 1200 to go through from today, and will probably take another 1200 tomorrow. Of course, only about 100 of those will be "developed" and only about 20-30 will see the light of day on the web.

Does this say "Airshow" or what? :)
b-May-4-chino-IMG_9689.jpg

For the US patriotic types...
b-May-4-chino-IMG_9735.jpg

1936-1956 - what a difference 20 years makes...
b2-May-4-chino-IMG_8781.jpg

Used my Kodak Hawkeye 620/120 film camera for these two. Had Fuji Reala 100 film in there intending to use it outdoors, but after plans fell through I ended up putting a portrait lens on the camera and shooting indoors using light from the window. I liked how these two photos came out.

Scanned with an Epson V500 scanner and Vuescan software using the Fuji Reala 100 (JAPAN) film profile for a flat output. Rest of the processing, mainly for levels, done in Lightroom.

2013_04_Rosie_Puppy_On_The_Couch_by_Adam_Bavier_682x682.jpg

2013_04_Dusky_Kitty_In_The_Window_by_Adam_Bavier_682x682.jpg

Edit: The focus point on my Kodak 13 portrait lens appears to be between 4 and 5 feet. To figure this out I used a small piece of glass. Taped one side with scotch tape, that was the "film". Put that tape side into the back of the Brownie. Then I used a 10X magnifying loupe resting on the glass, and I looked at the image that was formed onto the tape as I pointed the camera at my computer monitor. At 4.5 feet I could read the text clearly that was on the monitor.

Last edited:
Back