A Picture I took - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
FirstBirdSigma.jpg

I took this pic on a Royal Caribbean Cruise a few weeks ago. Looks so awesome I had to share it.

8130553543_324ac4edde_c.jpg

Last edited:
I need to buy myself a damn tripod

Truth.

Its amazing what you can do with a tripod and some time on location.

I got mine for 30ish from amazon, its nothing amazing...however its light and folds up compactly enough to strap in with my camera bag or stuff in a suitcase when flying.

shyboi,I'm probably gonna buy a targus from walmart(one for $28 and the other for $60 dunno which I'll get) as I need to get close ups of my hummingbirds at the feeder with a wireless remote for my D200 and I'm gonna need a tripod....

Love that picture of the fence and the fog really adds atmosphere to it(use any hdr to this?)

Trying to get into the spirit of the season, headed to the local graveyard. 120 shots and not one I really liked. This one was ok, I guess - not sure which treatment I like best, though...

b-2012_10_28-gy-6729.jpg

b-2012_10_28-gy-6729-4.jpg

b-2012_10_28-gy-6729-6.jpg

b-2012_10_28-gy-6729-3.jpg

BB

Follow the rule of thirds for this shot. I would agree with trimming some off the top for a better effect.

Perhaps crop some of the tree out of the shot? Start at the top of the gravestone in the background and see what that does.

wgm3446 said:
Follow the rule of thirds for this shot. I would agree with trimming some off the top for a better effect.

Yeah, better. Did a little cross processing and also toned the green to more brownish to better signify decay...

b-2012_10_28-gy-crops-6729-2.jpg

Also a bit of hamhanded exposure brushing to bring down the bright background... sloppy with a tad bit of halo around the gravestone, but much better, overall.
b-2012_10_28-gy-crops-6729-3.jpg

Thanks for the (obvious, in retrospect) tip, guys.

BB

SandyWaves1.jpg

SandyWaves2.jpg

Pending resize :)
Lake Ontario in Burlington Ontario. Taken this morning. No Fancy photowork, just had to get this :p

Last edited:
Just got in the close-up lens for my old Brownie Hawkeye camera. This will allow me to take pictures in the 4ish foot range, instead of the normal fixed focus of 10 to infinity. Now I'm going to mod the camera to take a shutter release cable, tripod support and an electronic flash.

2012_1031_Kodak_No_13_Portrait_Attachment_for_Brownie_Hawkeye_by_Adam_J_Bavier.jpg

Empty_Quarter - I've been digging your Chicago shots. I recently moved from the area to Washington DC and I'm missing the city for sure.

That said, my new home is close to Shenandoah National Park:
IMG_5630_SNSHDR_3-2-XL.jpg

Shyboi, very crisp and clear pictures of the falls! Well Done! Fireworks? What's the occasion?

Empty_Quarter - I've been digging your Chicago shots. I recently moved from the area to Washington DC and I'm missing the city for sure.

That said, my new home is close to Shenandoah National Park:
http://panamapat.smugmug.com/Other/Shenandoah-Fall-Color-2012/i-gLR22Rw/0/XL/IMG_5630_SNSHDR_3-2-XL.jpg[/ img][/QUOTE]

Ty! Chicago is truly a photogenic city. It's very comparable to Toronto in countless ways, but its architecture is a winner - no contest, like this:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/68580585@N06/8151097405/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7113/8151097405_08118b5b38_c.jpg[/url]
Aqua by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Shyboi, very crisp and clear pictures of the falls! Well Done! Fireworks? What's the occasion?

Thanks!
I think there is a lighting festival tonight. I'm not really sure on the details, I just heard about it once we got here. It was a nice bonus to the trip.

DSC_0313 by D. Washington, on Flickr

I used my 9 stop ND filter on this shot with a 25second shutter speed taken around 12ish today.

Ty! Chicago is truly a photogenic city. It's very comparable to Toronto in countless ways, but its architecture is a winner - no contest, like this:

Aqua by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Ay... Chicago is awesome. But it's so hard to do the city justice with pictures. I've tried so many different times, and every time it's just "not it". But than again, I dislike most of my pictures, so who am I to judge :p

Aqua especially. I love the building (not so much its location, I wish it was more exposed). This is probably the best pic I have of the tower:

Aqua%20Tower-1-XL.jpg

I hope you enjoyed your stay. Give us a heads up next time, maybe our schedules will sync up, and we might go out for a beer or something.

Didn't know you were in Chicago, Had I known, I would've let you know. I did enjoy my stay, left impressed. I will be back, I'm not finished with it :p Aqua is indeed great, what makes it great above all IMO is its simplicity. I've managed to get a handful of pics which I'm pleased with, they'll trickle onto this thread at one point or another.

Chicago by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back