A Picture I took - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris P - always love your portraits.

In other news, the wife has decided she wants birds around, so has loaded up the back deck with bird feeders, including humming bird feeders.

Lots of sparrows, goldfinches, a few humming birds, and several other songbird species that I have forgotten.

A few pics from last weekend...

b-2012_06_23-birds-0681.jpg

b-2012_06_23-birds-0671.jpg

b-2012_06_23-birds-0669.jpg

b-2012_06_23-birds-0684.jpg

Haven't managed to catch a hummer yet, but I will.

BB

BB Gun, you found an interesting spot. Mother nature is winning against man there.

Empty Quarter, I like the 2nd and 3rd. 3rd should be used for a movie or game scene.

Thanks! The third has already been used in a james bond film if I remember, and many other TV shows. I believe it is the foundation for one of the rooms/halls in HBO's true blood.

MN. yes I did - want to go back with the tripod, though I think I did ok for 1/15 handheld. :)

Pacific Day at FHC today - one of a very, very few Sakai Radial engine powered Mitsubishi Zeros. It was a close thing, with the weather going from IFR to VFR about 10 minutes prior to scheduled fly time. Phew!

b-2012_06_30-FHC-flyday-0913.jpg

b-2012_06_30-FHC-flyday-0945.jpg

Of course, someone had to put it in its place...

b-2012_06_30-FHC-flyday-0994.jpg

b-2012_06_30-FHC-flyday-1035-3.jpg

Took some pics today, f-ing hot...this is what I got developed.

20120701-_MG_3949-Edit%20(Medium).jpg

20120701-_MG_3938-Edit%20(Medium).jpg

Haven't shot much this year but here's some of the truck.

Empty Quarter - continually amazed at your ability to pull exposure and color out of those shots.

Very nice art.

BB

Milkweed_in_the_shade_by_Adam_Bavier_2012_0701_500x752.jpg

Went for a quick walk last night with my old 50mm F/2 AIS lens. Of course it had to be overcast the whole time, and also clear up as soon as I got back into the house.

Nope. North and east. Off the other east/west route in WA. Nice guess, though. I'll have to go check those areas out.

BB

It may not follow the "law" of flag usage, but It's disrespectful only if he meant disrespect, which clearly he didn't.
If you were to read that page, many ways of displaying the flag without meaning disrespect are still considered disrespectful.

...getting back to the purpose of the thread..

Some slightly overcooked HDR to bring out the texture of this abandoned train tunnel on the Iron Goat Trail.

b-2012_07_07-Iron-Goat-1211_HDR.jpg

The green tint is a reflection of the forest outside the tunnel on the bright, sunny day we had.

b-2012_07_07-Iron-Goat-1171.jpg

Thought the texture of this moss covered rock in the glen was interesting, but not sure what to do with it. Gotta play around some...

b-2012_07_07-Iron-Goat-1218.jpg

BB

A few pictures from a show that I went to last Friday...

Tod.jpg

Blair.jpg

STC.jpg

Here are a handful from a trip up to Grand Marais, MN.

View from capsite 20 at Two Island State Forest Campground outside of Grand Marais, MN.
_AJB1795_Two_Island_Lake_State_Forest_View_From_Campsite_20_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Trail back to the campsite from the beach.
_AJB1810_View_Up_The_Trail_back_to_Campsite_20_at_Two_Island_Campsite_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

View from the Grand Marais Municiple campsite in the evening.
_AJB2532_Grand_Marais_Municipal_Campground_Beach_With_Setting_Sun_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Durfee Creek draining into Lake Superior. Durfee Creek is a few miles north of Grand Marais on 61.
_AJB2813_Durfee_Creek_Draining_Into_Lake_Superior_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Old Growth pinetrees along the Arrowhead Trail. The sign along the road said they are about 180 years old. The Arrowhead Trail exits out of Hovland, and ends at McFarland Lake near the Canadian border.
_AJB2956_Old_Growth_Pinetrees_on_Arrowhead_Trail_Road_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

McFarland Lake as seen from the McFarland Lake State Forest campsite dock and boat entry point.
_AJB2862_McFarland_Lake_With_Reflected_Clouds_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

A sail boat cruising along Artists' Point. Artists' Point is kind of on the same land mass as the lighthouse.
_AJB4456_Sail_Boat_Along_Artist_Point_Grand_Marais_MN_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Lighthouse at the entry to the harbor of Grand Marais, MN as seen from Artists' Point.
_AJB4494_Grand_Marais_Lighthouse_with_Clouds_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back