A Picture I took - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from Visiting my aunt in Florida and going through all the pics. More to come.

6939774419_f926c8c9db_b.jpg

6793709290_6f8ba827ea_b.jpg

Took this one of my college last Friday:

6932430245_bbebfbb960_b.jpg

Radcliffe Camera under snow:

6942755683_25ba434593_b.jpg

Last edited:
First moon attempts with 5d2, 60d and 100-400:

60d, 100-400 at 400 on tripod, cropped some:
6950916375_e9235b2a3f_b.jpg

5d2, handheld:
6950354191_94369efec3_b.jpg

Clouds were an issue, but added some cool atmosphere:
6804241592_0316678c1f_b.jpg

still trying to manage this..

bit difficult @1400mm!!!!
moon moves fast on me.. driving me crazy.. and i cant fit the entire thing in the picture!!!!

gonna try a pano soon.. see if i can stitch together a full moon...

IMG_3907 by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

fyi not cropped at all.. pic is straight from camera!!!! well LR toughup a bit... but no crop

last night my kids had their hockey banquet.. in a hall that is ALWAYS challenging.. first time using my DIY bounce flash... and my YN flash.. shame batteries were dieing though..

not the best.. as 2 flashes could have gotten rid of the shadow.. oh well...

HockeyBanquet2012-1 by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

Calm after the storm by ~Tristan's Photography~, on Flickr

Amazing Clouds by ~Tristan's Photography~, on Flickr

the road by ~Tristan's Photography~, on Flickr

The house by ~Tristan's Photography~, on Flickr

Beautiful Clouds by ~Tristan's Photography~, on Flickr

More Clouds by ~Tristan's Photography~, on Flickr

Love this tree! by ~Tristan's Photography~, on Flickr

I live about 15-20 Miles away from Holton Indiana, which was devastated by a tornado on 3/2/12. These photos are about 30-40 minutes after the storm passed my area.

I've been playing with LightRoom 4 for a couple days now - here's a comparison set on one of the first images I tried out to see the difference between what you can do w/ the new exposure and clarity controls in LR4. The new clarity slider does a really good job of searching the whole image and making all the details pop out, whether they're in the highlights or shadows etc. Pretty impressive difference.

Image of a brisket I smoked a few weeks ago - this thing was tasty! 2003 processing (LR2) on left, 2012 processing (LR4) on right.

bbq-LR2.jpg
-
bbq-LR4.jpg

I think I've been bitten by the HDR bug again... Too much?

FirehouseGrill_BW_1.png
Cambodian_Temple_HDR1.png

Cambodian_Ruins_HDR1.png

Last edited:
^^^ never too much.. it is in the eye of the beholder.. and since it is bricks and the sort.. looks AWESOME!!!!

Darakian, I like the head on Heron with those eyes!

A few birds from today.
Northern Mockingbird
6827429600_e9af3b1634_b.jpg

Ruby-crowned Kinglet
6973549569_666f6b748c_b.jpg

Spotted Towhee
6973552939_fedf962189_b.jpg

Thanks man. Your Ruby-crowned Kinglet is a pretty amazing shot. It looks like it's about to take flight.
Continuing on the birds I've got some variety of cardinal.

_MG_0244 by Darakian, on Flickr

I recently got a new full spectrum camera. This allows me to use different IR filters on my camera. This is using a 590nm, which I will call "Goldie"

430643_10100557418970007_29622837_50319538_591633021_n.jpg

Darakian, Is that a Red-crested Cardinal? You get it in Hawaii?
darktiger, I like it and goldie is pefect.

I've been wanting some good pitures of a Wood Duck for a long time. Today at lunch this guy was not shy.

6831549340_bda5556014_b.jpg

Nice shots darktiger, I gotta say I'm really jealous! How do u find the AF speed & overall handling with an opaque IR filter in place? I almost went with the full spectrum conversion instead of the 720nm IR on my DSLR but I was worried I wouldn't be able to compose through the viewfinder.
Have u tried a UV-pass filter yet? Any astro photography? So cool! :)

these guys played dirty.. pulling shirts.. tripping and all.. never got called for it.. even some they did we got called for.. sucks.... oh well...

they sandwiched our player (blue)... which yes is legal.. but you dont see the trip the one closest took.. and we got called for roughing and a penalty shot from that spot.. no goal...

3-11-12-InfernoGame1 (29 of 54) by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

their keeper kept it out all day... i know u gotta put it up higher...

3-11-12-InfernoGame1 (35 of 54) by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

but our keeper did well... they got 1 off of a corner kick that made it 3/4 way.. bounced and headbutt in...
another was a penalty kick... blocked but rebound shot in...

oh well 0-2...

3-11-12-InfernoGame1 (55 of 54) by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

Nice shots darktiger, I gotta say I'm really jealous! How do u find the AF speed & overall handling with an opaque IR filter in place? I almost went with the full spectrum conversion instead of the 720nm IR on my DSLR but I was worried I wouldn't be able to compose through the viewfinder.
Have u tried a UV-pass filter yet? Any astro photography? So cool! :)

The same as any modded IR camera, except now I have the ability to switch my IR filters. My shutter speed/autofocus has not suffered yet. But then again I have not tried my 830nm filter yet... that looks pitch black :). I bought a olympus pen E-PL1 on the cheap and converted that. I basically used this guy's favorite camera.

http://infraredatelier.wordpress.com/category/olympus-pen-e-pl1-infrared-full-spectrum/

The camera has live view, which is what I use. I was going to convert my old Canon 5D I had lying around, but just like you, I was/am worried that I would bt be able to compose through the viewfinder. I might convert my 5DMarkII in a few years to full spectrum... (maybe when my the replacement to my 5DMarkIII comes out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back