A Picture I took - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
MN Scout said:
Maple_Grove_MN_Water_Tower_Flash_Photography_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

"Took this picture tonight. Used three flashes located off camera to the right. Two flashes were directly on the water tower, and one flash was lighting the grass. This was mostly an experiment to see if I could light the whole thing. I was planning on having all four flashes lighting the tower, but found out that my built in flash wasn't wanting to trigger everything, so took the quick way out and put the 4th flash on the camera as the commander with the head point to the right. The on camera flash was probably not working because I was looking away from the off camera flashes, instead of the flashes being in front of us a bit and in the line of site. I wanted them way off to the right so that I'd get a bit of contrast. Time to get some radio triggers!"

Taken at F/2.8, ISO 640, 1/2 second hand held. I used a longer exposure, so that a bit of color from the parking lot lights would creep in and make it not so stale looking and so that the clouds came out a bit.

Amazing picture bud. :D

Thanks for the compliment. I think this is the only image I did an ounce of planning on this year. A little sad about that. The year has been good, but not my best for photography. Though it is fun to revisit this image, since it has almost been an entire year.

I have a few pinhole and panorama things planned with some film cameras coming up here in the next few weeks. The negatives won't be back until January, so I'm excited already even though I haven't taken the photos!

^Nice stuff Ben. I'm still years away from having my own little clones, but my sis' is having her first baby in January. Our camera setup is pretty much the same, however I do plan on getting the 85mm... soon; do you have any general tips for baby pics? :D

Thanks! Make sure Babies are Fed and warm.

This was my first baby photo with the Nikon D50

Benjamin Paul Perscky by persckyphotography.com, on Flickr

babies sleep when they are fed. It makes everything so much easier... then from there, the later ages (toddlers) 1-3 you just need patience. Ben is 3 now and pretty much knows what to do in front of the camera, although you still have to have patience because, well they are kids. lol Just practice, and keep practicing and have an enormous amount of patience.

I used the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 ultra-wide angle DX lens for that one. It's an amazing lens, and very well-built.

Nice looking place. It kinda reminds me of my wood-shop class in grammar school, lol... only a little darker, and smaller... but the idea is there :D

No :S, whatever colors you see in the water is a reflection of the skyline at some point. Only edit aside from contrast/blacks/shadows is boosting the blues in the sky

Having said that, the photo took a serious compression hit during upload

Flickr = left, Straight out of camera = top right, after edit = bottom right

0uN5y.jpg

messed that up..lol

?

Last edited:
Empty Quarter, that is a entirely reasonable edit you have there. Looks great.

You might want to add a large moon in the top left to add that little something something.:p

Great portrait ^^

Empty Quarter, that is a entirely reasonable edit you have there. Looks great.

You might want to add a large moon in the top left to add that little something something.:p

Ty! I thought so too, at first I found the difference in color between clouds/sky to be strange, but... that's really what happened. It was so dark in reality, that it was hard to see the difference in color. actually, I'll give that a shot!

Probably my last "epic" shot of the year, one of my favorites:

Merry Christmas from Toronto by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

Great portrait ^^

Ty! I thought so too, at first I found the difference in color between clouds/sky to be strange, but... that's really what happened. It was so dark in reality, that it was hard to see the difference in color. actually, I'll give that a shot!

Probably my last "epic" shot of the year, one of my favorites:

Merry Christmas from Toronto by Empty Quarter, on Flickr

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

IT'S BEAUTIFUL

Here's another cell phone attempt
usonP.jpg

had no power for two days, was a fun time regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back