A Picture I Took - 2011

RyanGrindSequence_smaller.jpg

Anyone else notice this guy is wearing a red thong? I found it quite disturbing. :p

^^ I'm seeing a red string used as a belt. But you could be right... he might be wearing a red thong. lmao! good observation :p

My least favorite mallet instrument in terms of sound, but it's rather fun to play:

Maple_Grover_Water_Tower_above_the_Houses_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x680.jpg

Rokinon 8mm

Maple_Grove_Path_At_Night_by_Adam_Bavier_1024x680_F8_20s_7mm_shift.jpg

Hartblei 35mm Super Rotator f/8, 20s, 7mm shift to make the power line pole not tilt inwards.

Made a pinhole lens on Saturday for my D300. Kind of quickly made it, but ended up using a piece of sheet aluminum to put the pinhole in, some black card stock, and taped it onto a 12mm extension tube. Ended up with a field of view around 60mm. Would have liked it to work a little better, but I can understand that normally it is projected onto much larger film then a little APS-C sensor. Both these images had and slight contrast curve adjustment a some leveling to bring up the black point and bring down the white point.

Sedum_Pinhole_by_Adam_Bavier_612x406.jpg

Playfort_Pinhole_by_Adam_Bavier_612x406.jpg

@KodiakStar - I hope you are enjoying your new gear... cant wait too see more.

A couple of florals with the MP-E 65, the first is around 3:1 if I recall correctly, the last two are 1:1:

1214221430_XoEGp-XL.jpg

1214222371_kWsbg-XL.jpg

(and the same one in color)
1214222005_miiXy-XL.jpg

@jimi shuffler - I love that at any kids' event there are now 100 people holding cameras up in the air. it is both awesome and hilarious. I doubt 1/2 of the people even get to watch in person sometimes, being too preoccupied with recording it for prosperitty. :)

Jimi, we all were new at one time... I started photography only 3 years ago....

@jimi shuffler - I love that at any kids' event there are now 100 people holding cameras up in the air. it is both awesome and hilarious. I doubt 1/2 of the people even get to watch in person sometimes, being too preoccupied with recording it for prosperitty. :)

it was actually a chinatown festival, but yeah there were a bunch of people with DSLRs that day. I think the majority was Canon, I mainly did video recording, so I was able to see most of the performances. :cool:

@darktiger, haha things will only go forward from now on... hopefully! :D

@mrrogers747, whoa! I love the mood in that pic.

yeah yeah... I cant help they come and find me....

Here are a few from my newly converted camera

So, you're staying don't take my 70-200... got it! :p

Nice! Did you go through lifepixel? Which wavelength of filter did you get?

I went through Precision Camera, there service is great and turnaround was awesome.

I got a 715nm for my Nikon fx500 and a 665nm for my Canon G11 which I get today.. then I am going to sell my Nikon FX500 with the 715nm conversion.

Playing with my 665nm converted camera

Epic.

I definitely like the 665nm more. What'd u do to the image post-processing-wise? Custom WB and invert the red/blue channels? Or do they look like that straight out of the camera?

I might have to pick up a used G-series and get it converted as well. I love IR images.

Darktiger what do the IR pictures come out of the camera looking like? Did you follow a guide to get them to look like what they do in post #149? More fond of the second set.

Which camera did you have converted?

Your trees are so different from the Ash, Elm and Maples that are all over up here in Minnesota.

I will post some out of the camera. I use a custom WB that I set from the grass. Depending on the WB that is used the trees/leaves are blueish and the sky is brownish. I just did a blue/red swap and volla. I did bump the contrast up a little. 655nm is softer than 720nm. 720nm is more contrasty and closer to the b&w ir images some people see....

Nice, thanks for the info. I see your shutter speeds are at 1/100 and faster - awesome. Have you tried any IR portraits yet?

DSC_2100 by Pylon757, on Flickr

Flowers are starting to bloom up here in Boston. And the ground was completely covered in snow only a week or two ago.

Also my first digital shot here in a while.

Darktiger what do the IR pictures come out of the camera looking like? Did you follow a guide to get them to look like what they do in post #149? More fond of the second set.

Which camera did you have converted?

Your trees are so different from the Ash, Elm and Maples that are all over up here in Minnesota.

Okay the first one is right out of the camera, the second one is same picture but red/blue swapped.

p814026107-4.jpg

p365111783-4.jpg

Back