** A Picture I Took - 2010 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car for which I cried when my dad sold it 'cause I was too big for the back seat in 1st grade, way back in 1972. Image taken at FHC's round engines day. He was simply parked in the lot.

[Pics of Red Car]

I should have taken more/better shots, but I was late for the planes. :( BB

^^ Think he meant this BB-Gun.

Not a BB gun. I liked the vignetting, but I suppose I could remove it if you'd like a version without it.

I rented the nikon 24mm ƒ/1.4 this weekend for a wedding. Pics will be up tonight.

Thoughts on it? Afreakin'MAZING.

I rented the nikon 24mm ƒ/1.4 this weekend for a wedding. Pics will be up tonight.

Thoughts on it? Afreakin'MAZING.

Awesome! Can't wait to see these.

I am so getting that lens as soon as Nikon has their big 75% off sale... ;)

test shot of the 24mm
4994712188_af2e46b605_b_d.jpg

A little family photojournalism from my son's lego-themed 8th birthday party:

4980797679_b36e6f2a9b_z.jpg

4980793883_3f24142bd4_z.jpg

4980803545_56e19561c4_z.jpg

Last edited:
^^^
by chance are you on nikon cafe or still someones photos?? :)
ive seen those shots before

I think he was implying that you also posted them on Nikon cafe not that you stole them lol.

Sweet shots, Auric. Nice and sharp. I think that fence added a really nice effect.

wow. a shit-ton of talent on these boards.

Nice shots guys. Good eye

Yea these shots are insane, I really like the one of the water and buildings on the side by Auric, probably one of my favorite pictures.

first shot with my new diy light tent / box

lightbox11of1.jpg

Not sure if I have the lighting right and everything. Any thoughts?

Obviously its a boring picture as this was just a test.

Not sure if I have the lighting right and everything. Any thoughts?

Obviously its a boring picture as this was just a test.
I would probably have tried out some higher fstops to get more of the object in focus. Lighting looks pretty good to me, nice and soft. But the sides are noticeably brighter than the front. I'm only assuming you meant for the lighting to be uniform (as in most product shots). And you can see how every little spec of dust becomes visible inside a light tent :p

Critiques aside, it's a good effort.

Just a lucky find... Looks like a piece of jewelry that was dropped on the street and run over many times over the years. Shot taken with my Blackberry Bold2. I guess it's true what they say... "Your best camera is the one you have with you!!"
proudphoto05.jpg

A few shots from today and my new 135:

5024695514_20c59df687_z.jpg

5024696954_8a5592926c_z.jpg

5024698562_16a93b3780_z.jpg

5024088259_4eedbb9fa2_z.jpg

@ Volume: Really digging "curves"

Wow - lots of great shots over the last few days! Auric, love the cat shot w/ the great bokeh.

Volume, great compositions and textures - I like the 'Curves' one too.

greengrovesystems - what kind of gun is that?? cool looking, but that's definitely an "Any Other Weapon" if I've ever seen one! Looks like it'd be a huge pain to do all the paperwork to own that thing. :p

Botw - love these new shots! The new lens has great bokeh, but the compositions and emotion/timing of these last shots are really superb! Well done!

I took a few pics over this past weekend, nothing too exciting - got a couple landscapes and went in some hole-in-the-wall museum with a bunch of cool antiques...

antiquetypewriter-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back