** A Picture I Took - 2010 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took this with my phone.

Nice shot. That is probably the coolest thing about camera phones is how it allows you to take very normal shots like that or be very experimental and still get great results on either front. Nothing more fun then to see what your cell phone camera can produce. They even have coffee books dedicated to this phenomenon

Took this with my phone.

4391696310_69d16afa8f_b.jpg

What kind of phone? That's impressive!

I haven't taken many this year so far, but that will change next month.

January:
GOPR0067.JPG

February:
IMG_8247.JPG

Took a trip to the Grand Canyon this past weekend; saw almost everything but...

Wow - that first shot is very cool looking. But if you didn't see this on your trip, when, where, and by whom was it taken? :p

Took this with my phone.

wow - really impressive for a phone pic.

[hdr trees...]

Ooh - that's cool looking. Crazy looking white-balance you have there.

Guys...

I'M GETTING MY D700 SOON!

That is all.

Sweet! Congrats! Gotta love tax returns. I'm tempted to go upgrade with mine, but I need to clear off some more debt first... :(

Man, I gotta hurry up and get out of the house to do some shooting! Feeling like a total shut-in lately. Hopefully can get some photo done next weekend.

Wow - that first shot is very cool looking. But if you didn't see this on your trip, when, where, and by whom was it taken? :p

Heh, I took that shot on SR 64, the road that leads to the south rim. About 20 miles later, the roads got too icy to continue in our rental car, and most of views of the canyon itself were obscured by snow and fog. Most of my shots ended up being on the drive to the south rim or in the area surrounding Page.

edit: Ok, I think I understand the confusion. I meant "saw almost everything but [the Grand Canyon]."

Last edited:
Good quality for a phone! Although nature gave you a lot to work with!

img0328h.jpg

Love the shallow DoF, Victor.
I see u used a 50mm at f/2, but it has nice round bokeh so it definitely wasn't the nifty fifty :p
Was it the 1.2L?

Love the shallow DoF, Victor.
I see u used a 50mm at f/2, but it has nice round bokeh so it definitely wasn't the nifty fifty :p
Was it the 1.2L?

Thanks. I wish the bokeh is smoother but shooting with a 50mm with the subject somewhat far.....To get a more smoother bokeh I believe I need to frame a half body shot. Can't be tough with street photography. These were shot with my newly purchased Sigma 50 F1.4 HSM.

I honestly have yet to see a bad picture with a EX class of lens, but that's just me.

best shot in the group is the 3rd pic , guy looks damn near placed there like cutout. :)

Had some great natural light coming through the spare bedroom window this morning and my yellow dog decided he was making the bed his....
Seems a little soft but had to go manual focus otherwise he would not have stayed in that position. Sometimes I love and hate my old Canon 20D all at once. Debating on whether I should send it in to Canon to have it cleaned and calibrated or sell it and get something like a used 5D or new 7D?!

IMG_4198.jpg

Last edited:
Shot some today of my bike for a For Sale Ad... Some turned out decent:

DSC_1921.JPG

DSC_1924.JPG

DSC_1932.JPG

Shot with my D3000 and 18-55mm lens

I love your work VictorChan - that's amazing.

I'm fairly new, hadn't visited this forum much... but you guys have amazing talent. I'll be checking back in to drool occasionally :D

What you dont like our weather up here? That last little snow was mild.

Nah, though after all the snow we've had back home, we're about sick of the stuff. We were expecting snow on the trip, but we couldn't get any further than Grandview Point in our rental car because the road just got too treacherous.

It was finally a semi-sunny day here in England, so I shot some of the windmills on my way home from work.

DSC_1933.JPG

DSC_1935.JPG

^^ Wow - That is crazy looking! How tall are those things?? The tiny little trees at the bottom make it look like the windmills are freaking gargantuan in size!

Is there some illusion of scale going on here, or are those things really as big as they look?

Very Nice pictures zetachi, But the next time you take a horizon shot. Don't put the horizon in the middle, Try to put whatever your focus is, like the sky or the water, and put that in most of your picture, I have an example right here

img1555w.jpg

As you can see in this photograph, My focus was the sky, so you could see how high the smoke plume went up, and the horizon line is in the lower 20-30% of the photo. Its a tip i learned from a book i read, and its been with me ever since, and i thought i would pass it on to you :)

LOL your the 2nd one to tell me that :) thanks. Will use it in the future.

LOL I had to run out to the balcony of the ship snap off a picture, go back inside and check to see if she was ready, then run back out to the balcony snap off a couple more rinse and repeat. All this while my wife was getting ready for dinner cause she'd say I was wasting my time with the camera again :(

Åndhrimnir;1035406238 said:
I love your work VictorChan - that's amazing.

I'm fairly new, hadn't visited this forum much... but you guys have amazing talent. I'll be checking back in to drool occasionally :D

Thanks..:)

^^ Wow - That is crazy looking! How tall are those things?? The tiny little trees at the bottom make it look like the windmills are freaking gargantuan in size!

Is there some illusion of scale going on here, or are those things really as big as they look?

Nope, no trickery. They really are that big. Several hundred feet. I think that "farm", which is only 8 windmills, generates 16 Megawatts. I always thought they had a graceful modern beauty to them.

4408764968_cb5de2746b.jpg

Haven't used my dslr much, but took it out last night to take some photos of my daughter.

One more from my For Sale album... my little pooptacular hatchback. I thought this shot came out well.

DSC_1939.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back