** A Picture I Took - 2010 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibxou.jpg

Well here's a real fine art shot:
4373172044_2afd40f6a6_b.jpg

Just fooling around with new 5Dii and my crazy middle boy in our (obviously) very messy basement. Could not have gotten this with 40D as ISO 3200 looks terrible on it.

that's a really cool shot :D

What the newer cameras can do now in low light really is amazing

bdr nice tree shot (where's the high res so I can print and frame? :p)

xpango digging your work.

4372729791_cec77607d6_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D50
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

How would I of been able to not over expose his left side? Wait till it was darker out? Use f/4.0?

4371416640_26224193f7_b.jpg

Ben, I think you probably would need to expose for the highlight and then either use a fill-light or accept darker shadows on the shaded side. These high-contrast situations are tough...

Thanks for the compliments, they are encouraging :). I just started into photography a few weeks ago with my first camera. That was the first picture I took that I really liked.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments, they are encouraging :). I just started into photography a few weeks ago with my first camera. That was the first picture I took that I really liked.

Well it is a very nice shot. Looks like baby trees following momma.

PC_User I like your shots. Great clouds to work with. I wish I could get some nice clouds here in Minnesota on a sunny day. There's been nothing lately.

Wow - all great shots in the last couple days!

PC_User - I love that last landscape shot - great tone-range! Where were those taken?

PC_User I like your shots. Great clouds to work with. I wish I could get some nice clouds here in Minnesota on a sunny day. There's been nothing lately.

Thanks. I just got lucky with the weather I guess. Your shot is very nice as well, even without clouds in the sky.

PC_User - I love that last landscape shot - great tone-range! Where were those taken?

Thanks, appreciate it. All 3 of those shots were taken in Kamianets-Podilskyi, Ukraine. :)

Taken in the British Museum in London with my D3000:

DSC_1530.JPG

Such a PITA taking pictures through glass...

Took a trip to the Grand Canyon this past weekend; saw almost everything but:

and here's why:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back