Not open for further replies.
A few more shots from Chiang Mai:

4325046200_c3b296421e_b.jpg

You can see a little mars action going on to the top left of the moon -
4319552090_169225f4fc_b.jpg

4319563462_b5bb67e41c_b.jpg

4312787077_6dfc8cb9a6_b.jpg

4313524958_df80becc4d_b.jpg

Darktiger, I love the post processing on those. A few are a little too blue for my liking but the vignetting is tastefully done and I like how contrasty they are.

You know... I had a hunch :) I may actually be visiting Croatia later this year. I'm really looking forward to taking a lot of photos.

Beautiful place and lots of wonderful photos to be taken. Make sure to bring a tripod. :)

Darktiger, great shots! :D

You know... I had a hunch :) I may actually be visiting Croatia later this year. I'm really looking forward to taking a lot of photos.

Theres a lot of photos to take. Croatia was probably my favorite stop on my trip through the eastern med last summer. We spent hours wandering Dubrovnik and sitting on the cliff-side cafe's watching the billionaire's float by on their mega-yachts.

Theres a lot of photos to take. Croatia was probably my favorite stop on my trip through the eastern med last summer. We spent hours wandering Dubrovnik and sitting on the cliff-side cafe's watching the billionaire's float by on their mega-yachts.

Great views from the coast. Also really enjoyed Dubrovnik's old town...some nice shots to take there. Did you take a ferry tour to any of the islands?

Great views from the coast. Also really enjoyed Dubrovnik's old town...some nice shots to take there. Did you take a ferry tour to any of the islands?

No, although I wish we had, but we still had a great time. We're hoping to go back in a few years.

Next time I'll have a better lens hopefully. And maybe know how to take good shots of the water as well as sunsets. The best sunset of the entire trip was in Dubrovnik but I just had no idea how to take good shots of it. Ah well.

Jerome36, if you go, be sure to read up on water and sunset shots. You won't be disappointed. And bring a good set of cross-trainers that can handle cobblestone, dirt, and small hills well. The walking can be tiring but its totally worth it to just start walking the streets and finding the little cafe's and stores hidden around the cities will make for great memories and some phenominal shots.

Still rocking the film camera - my DSLR should be on its way back from Canon by now...

In the meantime I received a used Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro lens in the mail today and shot a roll with it mounted to my Rebel G film camera to try it out:

0007_18.jpg

0008_17.jpg

0010_15.jpg

0011_14.jpg

0014_11.jpg

The muted colors, the very shallow DOF, and the film grain give a very abstract, almost painting like feel.

[H]ella|[H]ard;1035291724 said:
Victor, that first shot is stunning.

Thanks. My favorite too.. Now, I need to print it out and hang it somewhere. Not cheap and not easy.....:)

I believe you need to rotate the shot to a portrait orientation......

It was originally portrait-I rotated it purposely. Here's the original, along with some additional photos from the set.

btw...your photography is stunning!

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

[H]ella|[H]ard;1035293120 said:
Is that a single shot cropped, or is it a stitch?

Is a stitch with 3 frames....It would look awesome to print it out in 5` x 2`. I think I can get it print out without causing an arm and a leg. Divide the shot into 3 frames and printing them out separately. Frame them separately and put them all together.....

How did you get the awesome colors in the last pic, or was the sky just naturally like that?

How did you get the awesome colors in the last pic, or was the sky just naturally like that?

The color was close. Once you bring down the level and increase the brightness. Add a bit of saturation on the blue.....Of course, the shot was taken with a Carl Zeiss 21mm ZE lens. The lens tends to have the ability to render the blue in a "special" way....:)

Busy work week followed by a weekday wedding in NY. Didn't shoot many pics there and hastily returned to my home in Maryland for the blizzard and 48 hours with no electricity. Thought I'd share a few shots:

Shot this one through glass and forgot to change the settings I was using for the indoor shots. I need to clean it up a little better in post too:
4333123163_a64c7c8107_b.jpg

My daughter checking out the same view as above:
4333857844_6497d0f0bf_b.jpg

Our street by Saturday - still snowing - we got another inch or so after this:
4337911092_7e9f653153_b.jpg

4337903200_661f5d90d7_b.jpg

Our back deck - note our outdoor refridgerator:
4337165279_75b42c1a2b_b.jpg

Cooking dinner:
4337908070_05c2282785_b.jpg

p.s. m3ta1head, I have some guitar shots from December at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gc5/sets/72157622948802107/detail/

Looks like you had great seats!. Shooting for the school paper?

A couple of critiques: First one looks too soft with too much motion blur for my taste (though you may have intended that). Since you shot at ISO 100 you had plenty of room to boost the ISO and increase your shutter speed from 1/50.

I like the second one, shot at ISO 800, much better. Although it is still a little soft and you chopped the feet off, you captured great action. I'd also consider cropping out the player on the right for a tighter comp.

Looks like you had great seats!. Shooting for the school paper?

A couple of critiques: First one looks too soft with too much motion blur for my taste (though you may have intended that). Since you shot at ISO 100 you had plenty of room to boost the ISO and increase your shutter speed from 1/50.

I like the second one, shot at ISO 800, much better. Although it is still a little soft and you chopped the feet off, you captured great action. I'd also consider cropping out the player on the right for a tighter comp.

I agree with botw. Good attempts, but the shots are too blurry and the feet are cut off, which throws off the composition. Practice makes perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back