** A Picture I Took - 2010 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few new ones from the weekend:

I really should go planespotting again sometime. Nice shots.

We get much bigger birds here at BOS (2-3 744s daily, a couple A332s/A333s, an A343 or A346 or two)), but getting runway action is hard without a supertele.

I really should go planespotting again sometime. Nice shots.

We get much bigger birds here at BOS (2-3 744s daily, a couple A332s/A333s, an A343 or A346 or two)), but getting runway action is hard without a supertele.

Yeah, there's quite a mix at RDU... though the only widebody we get is a 767. LOTS of RJ's, plus 737's, E170/190's, etc. I've sort of got my spot sorted out now (the advertised Observation Park isn't really ideal). I moved here from a small airport in upstate NY, so RDU is quite the step up!

5209314687_a1c8a79fdc_b.jpg

I have to step up my game some. My old Olympus E-510 died recently, and picked up a used E-1 to hold me down until I can afford a newer camera. The Oly pro body is very nice, but I don't feel quite worthy of it yet..

Test shot from earlier with it.

^Sharp looking image with a nice bokeh, and a nice capture, too. E-1 might not be so bad after all...

My first attempt at a panoramic shot. Taken at Garden of the Gods in October. Finally got around to putting it together. (link really degraded the quality... I need to find a better place to upload it)

GOTGPANO.jpg

Last edited:
What lens/film combination are you guys using for Hipstamatic? Love the app and use it quite often, never really thought to upload any images as they are usually of my wife and/or her friends.

Trying something new. Not used to textures, but figured one would fit with the image:
5226193955_86acc76097_b.jpg

Found a fun app called shockmypic...there is a pc version too

Last edited:
I would have to drive 8-10 hours north for snow.. and that is a maybe... Houston Sucks sometimes..

Oh wow, that does suck. Well good sir, I challenge you to journey to find snow and take some awesome photos :)

Leavenworth Festival of Lights - the three weekends before Christmas...

a-2010_leavenworth_lights-1435.jpg

a-2010_leavenworth_lights-1440.jpg

a-2010_leavenworth_lights-1443.jpg

a-2010_leavenworth_lights-1456.jpg

didnt we have some light snow last year?
happens once very ten years, it seems. =)

Sort of, It snowed here in the Medical Center, but by the time I drove down the street to my house (only 10mins away in Belliare), it was slush and not snow :(

Been cold ass here lately and we did have a good storm roll through the weekend before Thanksgiving but have gotten nothing since... Guess that is a good reason for me to get out and ride my bike?! Still wish we would get some freaking snow already! Here's to hoping for a white Christmas like last year.

which software you guys using to give those cool effects? you guys doing it manually or some preset features?

which software you guys using to give those cool effects? you guys doing it manually or some preset features?
What cool effects do you have in mind? On this page alone, you have a variety of different shooting styles with long and quick exposures, shallow depth of fields, natural light and strobing... and that's only the most basic ones, I'm not even touching the post production techniques used by some members here. Each technique giving a completely different and unique result.

I agree with northrop.... I try to keep my post processing to a bare minimum, well unless I am trying to get creative. Also what I am eating, my mood and what type of music I am listening to, etc affects my images :)

Also my "effects" is what i am trying to show in my picture. That determines my lighting, my lens, the aperture, etc. It could be dark and gloomy or bright and colorful, funny, etc.

But I do have some lightroom presets that I might use, but I created those myself....

I am still a amateur, and learning as much as I can in the little time that I have to spend towards my hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back