** A Picture I Took - 2009 **

Neat shot, but it would be amazing if you replaced all the junk in the background with plain black. it bothers me how I can barely see it. and those two white dots at the bottom right are distracting.

Wow! Tons of great shots in the last 24 hours.

ruined_building_web_wm.jpg

^^ Great looking textures on this building! I want to live there.

^^ hehe – at first I thought the left side of the image was the center of the animal's face – it looks very angry.

^^ very nice macro shots! Gotta love the all-american combo of the coin and shell casing. ;) At the risk of blatant hypocrisy, what lens is this?

^^ very nice macro shots! Gotta love the all-american combo of the coin and shell casing. ;) At the risk of blatant hypocrisy, what lens is this?
Thanks! :)

I used a Canon EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6 Lens mounted on backwards to a Canon 40D using a 52mm lens reversal ring.

Picked up both the reversal ring & lens on eBay for a little under $50 after shipping and whatnot.

I can't even tell you how many times I went to wash a spoon, put it under the water and had it spray all over me. Just yesterday I was washing a rounded pan, swung the sponge around and had all the shitty water splash on my shirt, ugh. Cool picture otherwise, here is my contribution:

click for bigness

Not that your pictures arent amazing or anything darktiger, but it makes any picture i take look like rubbish :p. Therefore, i hate all the pictures you take :D

Not that your pictures arent amazing or anything darktiger, but it makes any picture i take look like rubbish :p. Therefore, i hate all the pictures you take :D

Dont hate, I am learning just like everyone else :)

Thanks for the complement...

darktiger is really starting to piss me off, it's like he got Nvidia's mascots to model for him. No fair!

While not taken by me, here is a picture of me doped up on Dilauded Monday night (3/30/09) before my Appendectomy:

018.JPG

Last edited:
^^ You should have said you did take this one. ;) Very impressive for a self-portrait.

I'm also very jealous of DarkTiger's model-recruiting abilities. Where exactly are you finding these people?? You just show up at modeling agencies and see who's free, or do you actually know all of them? Great shots either way!

As for me, macro season has arrived in GA! I got some very nice botanical shots last weekend with the new Tamron 90mm - should be posting a few soon.

^^ You should have said you did take this one. ;) Very impressive for a self-portrait.

I'm also very jealous of DarkTiger's model-recruiting abilities. Where exactly are you finding these people?? You just show up at modeling agencies and see who's free, or do you actually know all of them? Great shots either way!

As for me, macro season has arrived in GA! I got some very nice botanical shots last weekend with the new Tamron 90mm - should be posting a few soon.

Actually either through friends, strobist groups, or here is a scary thought "they actually find me". I dont know why they find me, but they do. :)

A profile view of Thai-Ameni Niwet, an Egyptian mummy housed on my universities campus.

thaiameniniwet768.jpg

Heres one i took today in the park, im still new at photography, i have a Canon G10 and heres a pic i really liked, Criticism is welcome! :D

3424837137_ea7bf7ae7b_b.jpg

Shot at 100 ISO, 30.5 MM, f/4.5, 1/500 sec

A profile view of Thai-Ameni Niwet, an Egyptian mummy housed on my universities campus.

Hope you got a model consent form signed before you took this. He looks like the type that might have objections to his likeness being misrepresented. ;)

Back