A Picture I Took - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice pictures, i'll have to post some for people to mess with, I have never done any photo editing...

belfastcastleblackandwhki7.jpg

belfastzoomr1.jpg

an addition to this set :rolleyes:

belfastzootropcialzoneqm8.jpg

excellent guest there darktiger, i use a Nikon D50 with a 55-250mm for distance shots and a 18-55mm for wide shots...
then a standard £15 tripod for sharpness, and bkt my shots with a difference of 3 expossure ratio...
then i import them into photomatrix 2.5 and photoshop CS3 and just play with them...
i always have loads of different outcomes for the one set of shots..
thank you for comments guys.. always nice to hear nice things :)

Here's one I took of my GF a few days ago...a few minutes with Picasa is all that the picture's gone through. It was just one of those moments where you look at your wife and think "Wow"....
DSC01978.jpg

Here's one I took of my GF a few days ago...a few minutes with Picasa is all that the picture's gone through. It was just one of those moments where you look at your wife and think "Wow"....

So, you took a picture of your GF...Then looked at your wife and said "Wow?"

LOL

excellent guest there darktiger, i use a Nikon D50 with a 55-250mm for distance shots and a 18-55mm for wide shots...
then a standard £15 tripod for sharpness, and bkt my shots with a difference of 3 expossure ratio...
then i import them into photomatrix 2.5 and photoshop CS3 and just play with them...
i always have loads of different outcomes for the one set of shots..
thank you for comments guys.. always nice to hear nice things :)

I really like that Belfast castle, nice shot!

Do you use the 3 exposures for HDR or do you just pick the best one and adjust it a bit?

I'm not a big fan of HDR, most of it looks too fakey to me, but I like that castle shot a lot!

thanx guys for your very kind comments.. glad you like my pics :)

@ trust_no1, yeah i've got my camera set to bkt the exposures in portrait mode..it sometimes doesnt work as well when taken from hand, but when the tripod comes out, its magic.. lol

@ kadath, how could you not like HDR, i just love how it brings out textures in the likes of brick work or wood ;) well i'm glad you like my belfast castle shot, here is a coloured version of it, hope you like it..

belfastcastlecolour2jx9.jpg

I like the HDR images as art. They are exactly what you said CAMPER, they bring out textures you might not have seen and vibrance you wouldn't have noticed. As a traditional composure its not the same, but in its own right, if you look at it in the context of HDR they look amazing. IMHO.

@ kadath, how could you not like HDR, i just love how it brings out textures in the likes of brick work or wood ;) well i'm glad you like my belfast castle shot, here is a coloured version of it, hope you like it..

It might be because tone mapping is so frequently used as a one-button solution to make photos look better. It does "bring out the textures" (an increase in local contrast), but unless it is used subtly it also reduces overall contrast, over-saturates and introduces halos. Your Belfast Castle photo escapes some of these side effects because it is black and white, which is relatively rare among tone mapped images.

How many gigs are these HDR images typically?

Most tone mapped images are created from one or more RAW files, which vary from about 10 to 15MB a piece. The final image is no bigger than an image that isn't tone mapped, as it is still typically an 8-bit JPEG. If the original 32-bit composite is actually saved out as a HDR file (the breadth of which cannot be viewed on conventional displays), the size would be much larger, but not measured in gigabytes or even hundreds of megabytes.

whats with all these overdone HDR's lately.
Oh well here are some new ones I shot..No HDR
KH5V0356.jpg

KH5V0348.jpg

KH5V0004.jpg

KH5V0008.jpg

KH5V0018.jpg

I never really considered the 50-500 before, but now I am really thinking about it. I want to pick up some new glass with my tax return, and I was looking at the 24-105f/4L IS, but I think i would use the 50-500 more

wait on it...Sigma is shipping out there new 150-500 OS lenses in a week or so..I am actually waiting on the reviews on that to trade my 50-500 for it because of the OS in it. same thing as the IS its the same price as the 50-500 to. Anyway yea the 50-500 is a very nice lens. its sharp for me and the HSM focus motor is just as fast as the USM canons

I was considering the 50-500 a while back, but now I am looking at the canon 100-400. Nice pictures.

those are shot with my Canon 1D Mark II and Sigma 50-500mm at 500mm f8

I got my hands on my dad's 1D MkII and though I barely knew what I was doing it nearly shot itself. Not trying to devalue your pictures, just saying it's an incredible camera. I nearly messed my keks.

yea its a nice camera..I especially get a kick out of people around when I rip off the 8.5fps burst..Sounds like a machine gun

First post in this thread...
Not a lot of color yet up this way.
Rebel XTi with 18-55mm IS :
IMG_0183.jpg

75-300mm Lens:
IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Yup, the alligator is great! I'd say you nailed the focus considering the wide aperture

I guess I'll toss this one up. I've been slacking a bit on the photography this year, but that'll change in about 2 weeks when I take a vacation to Europe.

This is a blend of two exposures taken at Vail Pass, CO:

I guess I'll toss this one up. I've been slacking a bit on the photography this year, but that'll change in about 2 weeks when I take a vacation to Europe.

This is a blend of two exposures taken at Vail Pass, CO:

just getting an X... where are you located near vail????

just getting an X... where are you located near vail????

Strange. Well, click on it and it'll take you the Flickr page where I have it hosted.

I actually live in NC, but my sister lives in Denver and has a condo in Vail, so this shot was taken when we were visiting in early March.

Ok working now for some reason... Nice shot! God I miss Colorado, sister in laws live in Steamboat Springs, apparently they have been getting a lot of snow lately (STILL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back