A Picture I Took - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as professional as most of the stuff on here but... I wanted to participate :p
Taken with a Kodak Z650, native resolution was 6.1mp but flickr resized it.

514009787_7437184dc8_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/230/512126113_7698ce82fe_o.jpg

Messing around with some HDR. This was taken at St. Patrick's Church in Manhtattan.

It's actually not true HDR as you can tell because I only changed the exposure in Photoshop and not with the camera (I only brought my point and shoot to NYC for security reasons).

I used Photomatix 2.4.1 to merge and tone map the images.

Really nice shot

Baby Bugs....Took this picture when I notice 3 baby rabbits moving while mowing the lawn.

506139029_0967e734de_b.jpg

We went to my moms to hang out and visit today (Memorial Day) and had some good eats. She was really excited to show me the nest some sparrows had made right on her back porch, and I was excited to snap some pictures!

birds-002.jpg

birds-005.jpg

Mom or dad with food (a wasp I think), he/she is pissed off and waiting for us to leave so they can feed their babies. Both mom and dad kept dive bombing us while we were out there, it was hilarious. :D
birds-008.jpg

birds-010.jpg

Decided to do some experiments with my lens. Since the weather has been really bad lately, I decided to just use household items as my subject.

158020641-M.jpg

158020824-M.jpg

158021036-M.jpg

158020343-M.jpg

Okay, this is slight cheating, I took it in 2006 but until I got Lightroom, I was very lazy about working on my ever growing photo collection. :p

I forget which hotel in Vegas this is outside of. Can anyone tell me?

Vegas_Balloon_WB_Corrected.jpg

Paris... not a bad hotel.. has the half sized Eiffel Tower and decent food..

Yeah.. it's Paris..

Talk about awesome pictures.
Everyone seems to have a good photobug eye.

Paris... not a bad hotel.. has the half sized Eiffel Tower and decent food..

Yeah.. it's Paris..

Says so right on the balloon....:D

Hehe, thanks for the answers. Now that I look at it...yes, it says so. :eek:

edit: And here are some I actually did shoot in 2007.

Kind of bland. The interesting thing of note is that I shot this from 35000 feet in the air from my airplane window. This was over the Patom Plateau that separates Mongolia and Russia. Dust correction only.

patom_pleateau.jpg

This was taken the second Saturday I was in Shanghai, China. It was at Yuan Garden, and it was the only clear day I had the week I was there (business trip woo :) ). Dust correction only.

yuan_garden.jpg

Hope you guys like them! All you guys' (and girls'?) photos are great.

PowerdBySoy.....

Your sunset shot is absolutely amazing... Beautiful picture.

What, if any, post production work was done...... if you don't mind my asking. It's an awesome shot.

I believe it is an HDR shot where you take three images then use software like photomatrix to combine the three images into one tonemapped image. I could be wrong though.

What, if any, post production work was done...... if you don't mind my asking. It's an awesome shot.

Not too much post production. The main thing was using bracketed exposures for the sky and foreground. A "digital ND filter", if you will. Then of course did some tonal adjustment and sharpening....

When a sky looks that beautiful, it pretty much does all the work for you.

But yeah, everyone loves the sunset shots. =P Personally, I think the first picture, Better Way, is my favorite shot from the trip.

dsc01227largeww5.jpg

shot1jpglargemg1.jpg

Both taken a few weeks ago in Maui. I used my girlfriends sony cybershot 8.1MP digicam. not a photographer, but I think the shots are worthy of sharing.

nice shots, the first one looks a tad over exposed, but i am sure you can fix it in postprocessing. the second one is really nice!

not really sure what "overexposed" means, but thanks. The 2nd one was actually something I took first and I was like wow, I have to get my girlfriend to pose for me with that type of background. I had her do it and it turned out great, ended up making a poster for it, just have to find a frame now.

pastelorange.jpg

had to remove one bug physically, and another virtually but there was some nice diffuse light yesterday. What a difference a day makes... Same rose next day - different light though

rose.jpg

Well, since the database was just restored the last few posts made in this thread are toast, so I'll post mine again.

I was at Yellowstone and much of the southwest over the past week, and these are some of my absolute favorites so far.

A thermal area at Grand Teton National Park. I have a better version of this pic where the clouds actually have detail, but this will do too.
teton_spring.jpg

Old Faithful geyser at Yellowstone erupting:
old_faithful.jpg

A gull on the rocks on the Pebble Beach shoreline. I think I like the 100% crop of this image over this one though.
gull_on_the_rocks-3.jpg

This was a girl on the trip with me. I love using the 80-200 for taking pictures of people.
random_people.jpg

Just some photos I took a couple weeks ago. I like 'em.

I really like this one:
n42411445319931802479hx4.jpg

A good catch as someone hit the water
n42411445319930955111nk2.jpg

I know flower pictures are kind of cliche, but I took this one recently while I was visiting some family and thought it was kind of nice.

flower_at_julies_jun_2007_webversion.jpg

I kind of disagree. I think flowers make great subjects. Here are a few pics I have snapped this year while in Korea.

512195060_b853dd8e88.jpg
647813549_837f322acc.jpg

512194190_cfa2dc7eac.jpg
647588677_08152350a8.jpg

I like people snaps to.

513459657_c13f605953.jpg
513424554_1825535ee6.jpg

And a couple of places to round it out.

513414288_85a0a665d1.jpg
513450397_741a98d41f.jpg

The camera is a Canon PowerShot SD900. The card is a Sandisk Extreme III 2.0 GB SD card.

the "i'm ignoring you" pose:
img0175iq0.jpg

taken with a crappy 5MP Aiptek DV Cam...not bad if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back