A PC for Crafting War

Klynt

Weaksauce
My brother and I are looking for a decent system capable of running World of Warcraft. I've been scouting the deals at newegg and came up with this:

Warcraft PC?

Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clint

I've run WoW on Intel Extreme Graphics 2 @ 800x600 with playable framerates. The good thing is that it has an available PCI-E slot for future expandability.

Sheazle said:
from that same website you could build a better one for cheaper.
I don't think that's what he was asking about.

3) Furthermore, people coming into this forum asking advice on prebuilt systems, either for themselves or for their family, typically do not appreciate a response of 'build your own'. That is not what this forum is for. If someone wanted to know your opinion as to whether or not they should build their own, then that response would be appropriate. There are perfectly legitimate reasons for people wanting to buy or recommend a prebuilt system, so please don't insult their intelligence by suggesting something that doesn't address the original question.

Viper87227 said:
Should play good, but perhaps you should concider this..

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eMac...sem/rpsm/oid/125832/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Same processor, same motherboard (video, audio, chipset, upgradability, ect), same ram... but its got 160GB hard drive instead of 80GB, a DVD burner instead of a combo drive, and an 8-in-1 reader. Its also $70 cheaper (there is a $50 MIR though).

Not a bad machine there but I personally haven't had good luck yet with eMachines customer service.

All my friend does is play World of Warcraft any computer with 512mb could run WoW at decent framerates. :) Sorry, btw he has an e-machines.

As long as you're not expecting to run WoW at high settings, then you'll be OK.

If you're looking to run at 1280+, high detail, all the goodies, then this machine has a few liabilities. You'll need a gig of ram instead of 512, most importantly. The integrated graphics always makes me nervous, but you have an expansion slot. However, it only comes with a 300W psu, which could make buying a seriously boss gpu a bit suspect unless you upgrade the psu.

WoW can make even the best computers choke given the right environment in the game. I would not consider this a high-end gaming platform, if that's what your intent is.

A good rule of thumb to follow is that if you're looking for reasonable framerates on high detail settings at 1024x768 and up, you definitely do not want an integrated video card. Onboard video is typically adequate at best, and finding a prebuilt machine with a GeForce 6200 or better would be a wise idea (or the comparable ATI counterpart).

Back