A new warfare-themed FPS with a twist...

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/09/warco-an-fps-where-you-hold-a-camera-instead-of-a-gun.ars

Warco is a first-person game where players shoot footage instead of a gun. A work in progress at Brisbane-based studio Defiant Development, the game is a collaboration of sorts; Defiant is working with both a journalist and a filmmaker to create a game that puts you in the role of a journalist embedded in a warzone.

I've heard a bit about the game and it seems the developer is going for more of a "this is sort of what it's like for war correspondents IRL", edu-tainment experience rather than a fully-fledged game.

The idea of the playable character being armed with only a camera isn't new, but the attempt to try something different in the saturated modern warfare FPS scene should be applauded.

"A game that looks a lot like a first-person shooter but doesn't actually allow players to fire any bullets could potentially be difficult to market"

enough said

So...does shooting footage at people kill them via radiation? Because if I can't kill someone, f it!

Wow... get points for the "perfect shot" attachment available; 50-200mm lens. Perks available; quickshot(shoot multiple photo's faster). Rack up enough photoshots without getting knocked down and unlock shotstreaks - Satellite overhead view shot!

Dude, this game will rock. Success will be defined by how much controversy you can stir up. The more military secrets you can expose (i.e. intel for the opposing faction) the more soldiers you are credited for deaths. The game will keep track of your bodycount score. Reach 10000, and you win the propaganda war. (special DLC to earn the right to take shots from within the Al-Qaeda camp, US bodycount needs to be high enough though)

And when you're not trying to rack up the bodybag count there are some side quests where you try to capture the coolest looking death scenes. Limbs, guts, brain, etc... see if you can capture a shot the moment the bullet exits the skull.

;)

Last edited:
Dude, this game will rock. Success will be defined by how much controversy you can stir up. The more military secrets you can expose (i.e. intel for the opposing faction) the more soldiers you are credited for deaths. The game will keep track of your bodycount score. Reach 10000, and you win the propaganda war.

And when you're not trying to rack up the bodybag count there are some side quests where you try to capture the coolest looking death scenes. Limbs, guts, brain, etc... see if you can capture a shot the moment the bullet exits the skull.

;)

See, I would play that game.

My friend wants to be a war photographer. She would totally be into this game! Oh wait, she hates games. Hmmmmm.

My friend wants to be a war photographer. She would totally be into this game! Oh wait, she hates games. Hmmmmm.

How strange, the very people that might be attracted to this game are the same sort of people who view video games as pointless mind rot..

I'd buy the game; it's a nice change from all these other games now. Not going to pay more than 30-40 dollars though.

Back