A New Painkiller Promises Relief Without Addiction

Care to volunteer for a cognitive and psychological processing test while attached to a MRI. It's for science. :D
Sure! I finally bought Doom when it was real cheap. I am playing it on Ultra Violence and its starting to get easy, so Nightmare may be in my future. Morrowind is my game I kinda play all the time, because there are so many ways to do stuff and ... I'm babbling.

Oh yeah, I'll be 72 in a couple of weeks.

So stupid question - But will this help with the opiate crisis for someone that is already addicted? If they are addicted to the euphoric sense and this doesn't fulfill that for them then one would think this may not help addicts recover?

Or will this strictly only potentially PREVENT addiction?

Either way sounds very promising.

Yes and no. Many patients with legit pain issues become addicts because the risk is extremely high for opioids. so if the patient cant get non-addictive alternatives that still help their MS, Cancer, Neuropathy, back issues etc you can help their pain issues without further increasing their opioid risk (also with other intervention)

It might not be physically addicting but if it stops my pain I sure as hell am going to keep taking it, thus leading to addiction... Unless it can cure the underlying problem painkillers will always be addicting. Bias warning: I suffer from mild chronic pain from an old injury.

I'm cautious in trusting this.
For many years Purdue Pharma claimed that OxyContin wasn't habit forming, and see where that got us.

Like this will really fix anything. Although opioid addiction is real, the so called "crisis" has been blown up into something it's not. The media makes it out like prescription pain pills are the problem, when it alone is not. It's ONLY because they've lumped illegal use in with prescriptions. Take out illegal use such as, cocaine, heroin and fentanyl and the "crisis" would much more like a mild problem. I hate agenda driven news.

Like this will really fix anything. Although opioid addiction is real, the so called "crisis" has been blown up into something it's not. The media makes it out like prescription pain pills are the problem, when it alone is not. It's ONLY because they've lumped illegal use in with prescriptions. Take out illegal use such as, cocaine, heroin and fentanyl and the "crisis" would much more like a mild problem. I hate agenda driven news.

How about no. Yes, heroin deaths have been on a sharp rise, as have illicit synthetics, but until recently prescription deaths were higher than either, and they are still higher than heroin. That aside, this is not completely uncorrelated either. You get some people who get hooked to prescription meds, prescription goes away, they turn to illegal drugs. The link I provided has tons, and tons of information if you are interested. Not just summaries to make it easier to understand, but citations and links to the journal articles that are the source, so you can research it as in depth as you'd like.

sounds like they turned kratom into a "legal medical pill"

after banning it and making it illegal...

This is what they said about Oxycontin. I'll believe it when I see it... it's still an opioid. I'm waiting for the day Opioids are replaced with a better pain relief drug. Ones that actually work and that doctors will actually give out without fear of losing their medical license...

Legal use or not, I would argue that the increased number of people dying of overdoses would qualify this as a crisis.

sounds like they turned kratom into a "legal medical pill"

after banning it and making it illegal...

I wouldn't qualify kratom as being more potent than morphine... also it's still legal in the US

The fact of the matter is that the majority of opioid overdoses are when people combine prescription drugs like percocet with alcohol and/or benzodiazepines (like xanax and klonopin). These numbers, last time I looked, and it may be changing now, were HIGHER than illicit drug overdoses.

actually, I take this back. prior to 2017, this was true. 2017 and 2018 it looks like fentanyl laced drugs are the highest cause

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

od2017-slide05.jpg

od2017-slide06.jpg

od2017-slide07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Legal use or not, I would argue that the increased number of people dying of overdoses would qualify this as a crisis.

We also don't know how many of the illegal use cases mentioned in your quote started their habit as a result of a prescription that caused addiction. I know people personally who went from back injury to prescribed painkillers to either extremely heavy alcohol abuse or resorting to trickery to get their opiates. I know it's not everybody and probably not the majority, but it DOES happen. Nothing wrong with looking for a painkiller that actually doesn't cause such massive addiction, though I'm not sure it's really possible.

I happen to be allergic to most opioids (thanks Mom!) which causes me lots of nausea / vomiting and head to toe itching. This is a real bummer when you actually need pain meds, after surgery etc. I used to take Darvocet which worked pretty well and didn't cause massive side effects, but it was banned in 2010 or so because someone decided it gives old people heart attacks. I'd like to add that Darvocet had a nice warm fuzzy side effect feeling which I didn't hate. But today, all that leaves me with is Ultram (tramadol) which is really shitty pain relief compared to Darvocet. Also, I get some side effects with it (mostly itching, so I'm taking benedryl with it as well), and repeated doses work less and less effectively. I would love to have another alternative. A truckload of advil only goes so far after a bad root canal or surgery.

I do find that weed helps me with chronic pain. But your results may vary.

I happen to be allergic to most opioids (thanks Mom!) which causes me lots of nausea / vomiting and head to toe itching. This is a real bummer when you actually need pain meds, after surgery etc. I used to take Darvocet which worked pretty well and didn't cause massive side effects, but it was banned in 2010 or so because someone decided it gives old people heart attacks. I'd like to add that Darvocet had a nice warm fuzzy side effect feeling which I didn't hate. But today, all that leaves me with is Ultram (tramadol) which is really shitty pain relief compared to Darvocet. Also, I get some side effects with it (mostly itching, so I'm taking benedryl with it as well), and repeated doses work less and less effectively. I would love to have another alternative. A truckload of advil only goes so far after a bad root canal or surgery.

I do find that weed helps me with chronic pain. But your results may vary.

There is a new one called nucynta that some people with similar issues to you have had success with...

It will NEVER... EVER... reach the public at a REASONABLE COST. First hand situation. In 2007 I was diagnosed with sever spinal degeneration all over my body (it gets much worse later in life... I promise you that). There was a drug out there that taken enhance the narcotic effects of opioid medications. THIS meant that you could take less of the opioids to get the same results of pain relief thereby greatly reducing the chances of drug addition. I could not get it because it was not covered under my health insurance. This is exactly what will happen if this drug comes out. Will there be basic coverage for this new medication??? Highly Doubtful... Big Buissines will get their way as well a Dirty Politics (such as I heard to day in the news that Big Parma is involved with the US - Canadian treaty situation... Canada has Cheap meds... gee guess why there is no compromise yet).

Now there is much much more of a problem with this so called opioid crisis that none are understanding why is this happening. This is why I effing hate the media for not getting all of the information correctly. And the reason why is because it can sell news. So I'll give you a quick reason why it is happening primarily in North Eastern and the Southern part of the US.

It's the economy.... people are really hurting.... wages are stagnant. Food and basic life needs are going up... Drugs, including alcohol are a method of escape. This problem has increased a great deal in the last 12 years. But nobody wants to talk about the real issues of the opiod problem. They also do not want to talk about the dramatic increase of Heroin coming into this country because of the prices collapsing 2+ years ago(huge collapse). Heroin is dirt cheap.. far more cheaper than Percocet. But Heroin does not make news. Opioids made my the Pharma does make news.

Dog must hunt... and I'm a Survivor, which makes me see things in various different perspectives than what normally is done. I was homeless once... I saw the misery and brutality of mankind in many parts of this world... So lets just this say this knuckle grinding biker neanderthal with a keyboard... has seen so many things in life and can say "Yea I know whats going on here"... then data mines to see if I was right on my assumption.

Yes there is an Opioid problem but you have to start digging for the truth about how this opioid situation.

You have to start digging for any information now these days to know the truth because Journalism and reporting the news does not exist much anymore.

Only Shock value Infomercials exist. And also Double Speak.

If you are able to do your research and find out what is real and what is not and that becomes valuable information to get ahead in life. It helped me to become a wealthy man in later years of my life.

Don't fall for face value on things anymore... if you do...

You.... are.... screwed...

Icon Charlie... Knuckle Grinding the Information Super Highway since 1990 ;)

well morphine is very good for people with end stage heart failure since it helps them breath easier, probably another case of people who really need it find it hard to get and people who don't easy. so its good they're trying to find a replacement for people who don't really need too strong a analgesic.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is true,,,,IIRC Oxycontin was marketed the same way.....it was introduced as non addictive....and that turned out to be a big fat lie that big pharma was telling.

As much as I want to see a non-addictive variant, I'd also like to think what would happen to the human race if we wipe out the addiction personality by just passing out all the fucking drugs they want for free. It's happening but at a very slow pace and costing the lives of first responders and medical personnel.

Just drop them off on an island with all the fentanyl they want, no limit.
dig your own graves MFs.

There is a new one called nucynta that some people with similar issues to you have had success with...

Nucynta is a derivative of Tramadol, IIRC. It's got all the damn NRI effects of tramadol as well.

That shit, and all reuptake inhibitors (for people WITHOUT neurochemical issues) are fucking evil.

Like, literally. Getting off a month of nucynta made things feel... evil... Barring the usual mental opiate WD symptoms, sadness etc. which already suck... The world had this, grim, scary, evil look to it. It was really strange, very trippy, and quite fascinating looking back at it.

If you don't believe me, let me introduce you to the impound lot. Toxic fluids seeping into the soil destroying entire ecosystems. Rampant crime and uber useage abound.

Not only the user is affected. It affects the community as a whole through increased crime and increased dependence on social programs. It also leads to increased disease (dirty needles) and collateral damage to friends/family. If you don't believe me, let me introduce you to the addicted baby ward where they do nothing but cry because of withdrawal.

i'm optimistic, and i really hope this works out. there are plenty of people with extreme pain out there that really need a heavy painkiller.

but i also don't forget history. we've heard this before. heroin was supposed to be a 'safer and less addictive' alternative to morphine (granted that was a long time ago) and oxy was marketed as being less addictive. those worked out great didn't they?

wait and see...

There's already something that accomplishes all of this, look up the drug Soma. Not even an opioid

I have had very severe back pain and the only thing that allows me to sleep and heal is a strong opioid. Judging by all the press about them I would have felt strong euphoria and become addicted quickly. Instead, when I've been given them I feel a bit nauseous and very sleepy. In terms of "euphoria" the only thing euphoric about the experience is being able to do things like take a shower, use the toilet, and stand up at all, without ending up in an ambulance screaming.

The opioid crisis, from my point of view, comes from the intentional insertion of fentanyl. Given that it is now known fact, not "conspiracy theory", that the US government used to spike barrels of grain alcohol with methanol, intentionally gave people syphilis (and studied them covertly for decades with fake treatments), gave groups of people fake hepatitis vaccines, threw intelligence workers out of tall buildings, and things like that — I wonder how much this fentanyl crisis is related to a domestic programme. This fentanyl is supposed to be coming from China. How is it getting in, then? Why is it so widespread? Why isn't the real crisis that Chinese fentanyl and derivatives have been allowed to spread all over the country — a crisis of port inspection? There is so much money to paramilitarize our domestic police forces but we can't be bothered to inspect shipments? Johnny Gunnar at the local PD needs a tank and flash grenades but we can't manage to prevent a "crisis" that is due to drugs that come from countries that aren't even sharing a land border?

Fentanyl and various related elephant tranquilizers are not morphine nor oxycodone. It's a very bad thing that people who need effective pain meds are being told to destroy their livers (acetaminophen) and hearts (ibuprofen) with worthless ineffective substitutes. Ibuprofen has been found in research to also prevent healing by reducing the inflammation needed for the body to lay down new tissue. That's just what people need, permanent injury from a weak painkiller. I've seen that in my life. I used to rely on ibuprofen for long car trips + sports competition for my back and realized that it was preventing my full recovery. I also eventually realized that the damage it had done (prevention of full healing) was permanent. It's too bad I found that research article after the fact. The popular steroid injections for sports injuries also prevent healing.

Cruddy opioids like codeine are prescribed simply because they're weaker in effect, despite having basically just as significant side-effects. But, the crusaders aren't satisfied with the prescribing of ineffective opioids like that and hydrocodone (which only works on a toothache, not a bad back). Nope. They want to ban them all. Doctors even prescribe tramadol to people with a history of grand mal seizures! It's just fine for people to have seizures from inferior medications, or heart attacks from pain (as when I was forced to be taken to the ER with no painkillers because the doctor wouldn't do anything until I got to the ER). It's just fine because liability and hysteria are far more important than any individual's health. I knew a doctor who bragged to friends that he would deny prescriptions of opioids to anyone who brought them up in a visit. So, it's also about egotism.

The health industry constantly tells people in its lousy ads to "ask your doctor about" but if you actually make the effort to read studies and become very informed about the nuances of your health and the available treatments, are you going to get a doctor who wants another notch on his wall for the "brag to friends challenge" — instead of someone who is going to treat you like an intelligent human being? At the end of the day, though, it comes down to convenience. Liability is a growing problem so physicians can rationalize these kinds of attitudes and behaviors via self-preservation.

People are literally trying to market fantasyland as a substitute for painkillers, too — like yoga and acupuncture. Yeah, it's easy to prescribe fantasies when it's not you whose back has seized up after you've been bedridden for 7 days — the second you try to stand up to go to the toilet (after you've taken two ibuprofen, a hydrocodone, and an aspirin to try to get there and back).

I really wish that everyone who peddles the "mind over matter" nonsense would experience the kind of back pain I've experienced. They would be singing a far different tune.

I find chocolate vastly more addictive than oxycodone. The theobromine in that actually elevates my mood, before the effect wears off, of course. All oxycodone does is make me sleepy, and enables me to sleep. The mood effect is very minor and doesn't overcome the unpleasantness of the nausea that goes with it.

Better ban chocolate since it's a drug that causes euphoria, especially since it can lead to weight gain and bad moods. Look at how many more people's health is negatively impacted by obesity. Look at how much it costs taxpayers. Chocolate also has been found to have elevated lead levels so it's lowering the national IQ. (/snark)

People who are prone to abusing things will find something to abuse. The rest of us should not have to suffer tremendously for their personality defects.

California hit a new low when it recently convicted a doctor of 2nd degree murder for prescribing painkillers to adults, adults who chose to abuse those medications instead of following the directions. Nanny state run amok. She didn't go into their homes and force the pills down their throats.

The same ladies' groups that tried to sell everyone their anti-alcohol "temperance" morality crusade were using laudanum recreationally. Everyone knows about "tough on crime" Limbaugh. Hypocrisy reigns as well.

Pain doesn't go away via wishful thinking. It doesn't go away from magic exercises or special pin pricks. It goes away when the nerves are no longer stimulated by tissue that needs to heal. It goes away, therefore, via healing. And, healing takes time and you can't really do it if you can't sleep (or if you have a heart attack from the pain).

The best remedy is prevention but when you're injured, you're injured and need to heal. Blue collar workers are more likely to need strong painkillers because of their more physical jobs (as well as stupidities like motorcycles). It's easier for those above them economically to tut tut and prescribe yoga.

This is about imported fentanyl and why it has been allowed to spread around this country.

Last edited:
Reactions: ncjoe
like this
They tell me Tramadol's not addictive...Pigs ass it's not. Severe back pain and inability to relax muscles as a result of two car accidents, both not my fault, and I can't get off Tramadol - The withdrawal is like nothing I can describe.

Lets hope this pain killer's not like Tramadol and really isn't addictive. At least I keep my use of the drug well within my prescribed limits, I know of people that take ridiculous amounts of the stuff each day.

We also don't know how many of the illegal use cases mentioned in your quote started their habit as a result of a prescription that caused addiction. I know people personally who went from back injury to prescribed painkillers to either extremely heavy alcohol abuse or resorting to trickery to get their opiates. I know it's not everybody and probably not the majority, but it DOES happen. Nothing wrong with looking for a painkiller that actually doesn't cause such massive addiction, though I'm not sure it's really possible.
How about the people who ended up resorting to illegal drugs because they can't get any physician to prescribe effective opioids for extreme pain? Not everyone can afford an ambulance trip every time they have a recurrence of chronic severe pain, nor do most want to suffer the trip there (because ER doctors won't give you anything and only rich people get doctors to make house calls these days).

I've been told that ER physicians and dentists aren't even giving people hydrocodone anymore, so I've held onto my very very old bottles like grim death. I've already had to have two root canals and the dentist made me wait because it was the weekend. I can assure you that when your face has swelled way up because your root is dying you will need hydrocodone. And, as I said before, that stuff doesn't even put a dent into severe back pain.

So, those people with legitimate need, who are denied, find that their wonderful policymakers have caused a situation in which they can't get anything legitimate and tested. So, they end up getting "heroin" that's really Chinese fentanyl. There is also the nice conflict of interest known as ALEC (prison labor, "law and order" political marketing, organized racism as political marketing, etc.). There are always people who stand to profit from "temperance" morality crusades.

I heard a story about a guy who had such a serious back injury from an accident that he ended up in a wheelchair but couldn't get a morphine drip (insurance wouldn't cover it). So, he ended up intentionally committing prescription drug fraud in order to be sent to prison, because the prison system provided the drip. If that story is true, which I believe it is, it certainly is telling about the state of this nation.

People have talked about the opioid abuse being about working class and blue collar workers being left behind by the economic globalism. That may be part of it but it's certainly not just about people abusing drugs due to anomie.

Once upon a time, doctors came around for house calls as a matter of course. Now, you have to be rich to have that even considered as a possibility. As population increases and globalization increases competition, each ordinary person's worth is continually eroded. Since our culture is based on net worth that does make it seem unsurprising that some want to tune out by abusing opioids, alcohol (as in Russia), or something else. However, when you have cases where a father, who owns a farm, loses both of his children to fentanyl — it seems that the pattern isn't so simple. A lot of people would be happy to be able to inherit a large farm. Why didn't the father also lose hope? There are a lot of chemicals going into the human body, like fire retardants, and boys in particular are being medicated for behaviors that were often once dismissed as typical for immature males. Farming communities have arsenic poisoning problems from contaminated water (via intentionally contaminated feed for animals like poultry and pork to increase animal weight in horribly overcrowded unsanitary conditions via parasite reduction) and the various herbicides and pesticides they're using can have a toll that isn't fully understood. Much of that is hidden intentionally, too:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5756058/

Yes, folks, "inert" ingredients can be 3,000 times more toxic — and more! — than the listed active ingredient that the safe exposure information given to the consumer only exposes. Not only are extremely toxic elements like arsenic being intentionally put into herbicides without consumers/farmers being told, the chemical additives dubbed "inert" like POEA are thousands of times more toxic than the alleged active ingredient. Is it really so surprising that we have an epidemic of rural young people who have lost hope when they're poisoned by agricultural fraud?

Bad mood is one of the prime symptoms of arsenic poisoning. It causes irritability, depression, and malaise. Lead, which also contaminates a lot of agricultural soils, has similar effects. Arsenic also, in particular, can cause chronic pain. Fortunately for fraudsters, such symptoms are easy to dismiss with things like bad parenting, poor-quality teachers, and too much exposure to pornography. Below is a lead smelter's effect on the violent crime rate in a locale in Australia:

99hwc2fd-1364972865.jpg

Clearly, bad schools, bad parenting, and various types of media are the cause of the violence, not the lead pollution.

lead_crime.png

Being rural isn't the only problem. Inner city folk have a lot of lead exposure (from building dust via demolition, lead paint, and so on), while rural folk have more arsenic exposure.
ct-trends-in-lead-pollution-and-assault-rates-in-chicago-chart-2.png

However, if we want to talk about economic malaise, there are things like this, too:

pay_differences.jpg

corporate_profits.jpg

(wages as percent of economy)
wages_percent_economy.jpg

It's great to be a non-living entity (a corporation or bank) but not so great to be an ordinary person.

Last edited:
What the hell is this weed TARed bs these guys are talking about here? This sarcasm is toooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
BTW vaping cures cancer do that instead of taking opioids.

Let's stop all the nonsense. The vast majority of people who take narcotics for pain DO NOT GET ADDICTED TO THEM.

Yes, you heard it here. Everyone who has pain problems is now just assumed to be a drug addict. All because of you dickheads who ARE addicts. Why should I or anyone else, be prevented from getting my pain medication? Why do I have to jump through hoops because you can't control yourself and not take stuff that you know you will get addicted to?

This is no different from what we go through with alcohol. It's POTENTIALLY addictive, even more so than opiates, IF YOU'RE THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO WILL GET ADDICTED TO THINGS. Yet, most people do not get addicted. Why do you think that is? Do we have some sort of super power?

Look, I'm Non Addictive Man! Able to drink heavily for a week straight and then stop and just drink soda! Takes oxycontin for three weeks for nerve pain and then stops cold, all by himself!

Yes, it's Non Addictive Man!

If YOU can't handle taking alcohol, or opiates, or whatever, then don't take them. But stop bitching and moaning that they shouldn't be freely available to anyone else.

Please stop being assholes. If you're prone to getting addicted, and need pain medication for something, then go ahead and take what you need until the pain causing problem is gone, and then get the treatment you need to get off whatever YOU are addicted to. But stop being an annoying asshole and telling everyone else that THEY can't have something because YOU can't handle it.

Damn, I hate addicts. Not only do you fill up my emergency room trying to get drugs, you support the illegal drug trade which causes so much violence, you make life miserable for so many of the rest of us because of this nonsense.

Let's stop all the nonsense. The vast majority of people who take narcotics for pain DO NOT GET ADDICTED TO THEM.

Yes, you heard it here. Everyone who has pain problems is now just assumed to be a drug addict. All because of you dickheads who ARE addicts. Why should I or anyone else, be prevented from getting my pain medication? Why do I have to jump through hoops because you can't control yourself and not take stuff that you know you will get addicted to?

This is no different from what we go through with alcohol. It's POTENTIALLY addictive, even more so than opiates, IF YOU'RE THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO WILL GET ADDICTED TO THINGS. Yet, most people do not get addicted. Why do you think that is? Do we have some sort of super power?

Look, I'm Non Addictive Man! Able to drink heavily for a week straight and then stop and just drink soda! Takes oxycontin for three weeks for nerve pain and then stops cold, all by himself!

Yes, it's Non Addictive Man!

If YOU can't handle taking alcohol, or opiates, or whatever, then don't take them. But stop bitching and moaning that they shouldn't be freely available to anyone else.

Please stop being assholes. If you're prone to getting addicted, and need pain medication for something, then go ahead and take what you need until the pain causing problem is gone, and then get the treatment you need to get off whatever YOU are addicted to. But stop being an annoying asshole and telling everyone else that THEY can't have something because YOU can't handle it.

Damn, I hate addicts. Not only do you fill up my emergency room trying to get drugs, you support the illegal drug trade which causes so much violence, you make life miserable for so many of the rest of us because of this nonsense.

Yeah but what if the drug they are working on just stopped the pain and there were no good feels/vibes from it? Then everyone could take it and handle it.

Yeah but what if the drug they are working on just stopped the pain and there were no good feels/vibes from it? Then everyone could take it and handle it.

Let's cure sex addiction by making sex non-pleasurable for everyone. :)

Of course drugs with no side effects are the holy grail of medicine. It's unfortunate that no such drugs exist. Even water will kill a person. So, finding drugs with better therapeutic windows is the real issue. Unfortunately, though, morality crusaders have pushed drugs with worse profiles because they're worried about people having a good time.

If, indeed, this magic painkiller can be brought to market, as someone cynically said, it will be priced into the stratosphere.

I was waiting for the special methyl variant of ibuprofen to hit the market. It was supposed to prevent one of the serious side-effects of regular ibuprofen (interruption of wound healing, leading to permanent physical degradation) but it hasn't appeared. The trouble with every miracle is that there's a fly in the ointment somewhere.

People like, though, to believe in miraculous cures and extremely terrible woes. Real medicine lies between these extremes. But, we have the "opioid crisis" (framed solely as a problem of drug abuse, rather than other problems like a lack of port inspection and a failed/failing anti-drug policy) and this new promised miracle painkiller.

I'm not sure what's going on because I tried to reply to the Google Mastercard topic. It doesn't show it being locked but every time I try to post nothing happens except that I'm shown a header for the forum. So, I guess I'll post it here since I took the time to type a substantive response.

The really frustrating thing is they don't HAVE to be evil.

False.

The corporation was invented specifically for evil-doing. See Ambrose Bierce's definition (quoted in Civ IV):

Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.

The point of a corporation is to have massive advantages over actual people. Corporate personhood is an inherently corrupt concept and yet that is what we have right now as policy.

Washington legal insiders who were guests on one of MSNBC's political talk shows two days ago literally said the US Justice Department tries not to put corporate executives in jail because it will "cost workers their jobs". The claim is that fining the companies instead of holding the elites accountable is good for the workers! Funny how the fines will come out of the workers' paychecks and pensions and the executives will get golden parachutes.

The system is rigged, to quote George Carlin. No amount of wishful thinking will change this fact. We live in an incredibly corrupt world. Corporations are one of the symptoms. They literally exist, not only to shield rich people from the consequences of their illegal acts — their purpose is to sell less for more — to trick ordinary people into being scammed. That's what profit is. Competition isn't about making the world a better place for humanity. It's about doing as little as possible to better humanity and doing as much as possible to make the world a better place for the rich people who control the corporations and banks.

Last edited:
It might not be physically addicting but if it stops my pain I sure as hell am going to keep taking it, thus leading to addiction... Unless it can cure the underlying problem painkillers will always be addicting. Bias warning: I suffer from mild chronic pain from an old injury.

Bullshit. I have suffered from severe chronic daily migraine, chronic pain from 3 fractures in my spine due to a severe MVA, 8 bulging discs (one of which is pressing directly into my spinal column and is slowly getting closer to my spinal cord every year), and phantom limb pain from a failed surgery that severed 13 major nerves in my head and neck to stop the migraines. I have taken 120Mg of oxycodone/Oxycotin (180 MEUs) for over a decade and am not addicted to a single thing. I can go all day on good days and never think about a pain pill aside from my morning Oxycotin dose. On my bad days, by the end of the day I have taken my full daily dose. If I were to stop taking my meds cold turkey, then I would go through withdrawal, but that has nothing to do with addiction. It is due to a dependence. Being physically "Dependent" on a substance is NOT AN ADDICTION. If you drink coffee 3-4x a day, every day for a year then you are DEPENDENT. If you take Motrin 3-4x a day, you are dependent.

I am so sick of the misinformation out there. It seriously makes me sick to my stomach. Just as bad as the Politicians that are causing honest, chronic pain patients to kill themselves every day because they get on TV claiming their crackdown on "The prescription opioid epidemic" which leads to "thousands of deaths due to Overdose" every year is going to stop neighborhoods from being full of homeless Heroin addicts on every corner and used needles filling the gutters, streets, shopping malls, and parks our children play in. They can't stop Heroin, it is in their interest to never stop it (war on drugs being such big business and all), so when its election time they try to find any possible way to make it seem like they can do anything about it.

Now that I feel better, back on topic. It would be great if they could create a compound that works as well on pain as my regiment does, without the slightest potential for abuse. I am so sick of the judgemental looks I get from the pharmacy staff when I show up on the 30th day at noon (not on the morning of the 28th day when the law says I can fill them), the doctors constantly telling me they are afraid they are going to lose their license and if they get audited by the DEA they will cut every patient off with less then a 30 day supply and leave them to fend for themselves, and the outright lies you see on tv about OD stats regarding prescription pain meds (here is a hint, 98%+ of every OD that is associated with prescribed pain meds is due to a presence of other drugs, legal or not but most likely a benzo or other downer, in the system).

Of course. Must not let people feel good. Must suffer. Never feel good. Not good. These are the same dickheads that spent billions of dollars researching the ingredients in pot that gave people an appetite, then figuring out just how much to give old unhappy senior citizens the urge to eat, but without any of the happy effects. Yep, keep them alive, but keep them miserable at the same time. Why? Because we can.

Must not let people feel good easily. Nope. People must suffer. The only way they are allowed to feel good, is if they are working very hard to make someone else richer.

Not to mention, that the company that develops this new drug that removes pain but conveniently doesn't have any positive psychotropic effect, will get see enormous profits from it. All because of our puritanical society that can't stand to see people happy.

SUFFER! YOU MUST ALL SUFFER! Pain and misery is a great motivator!

But, what about my buzz?
Labelling will suggest, if you wish to have the legacy effect, slam three shots of tequila, wait two minutes, spin as fast as you can for one minute then slam your head into a wall. If the new buzz isn't strong enough, increase to four or five shots and spin until you puke.;)

I can't take prescription pain meds, they are a mess. I just take high dose ibuprophen. It's safe someone my size to take up to 800mg 3 times a day when my body flairs up from old age and my rigorous exercise...

This is very promising.
Just be cognicent of the intestinal problems which come from taking high dose nsaids for long periods. Eventually you may start shitting blood.

Bullshit. I have suffered from severe chronic daily migraine, chronic pain from 3 fractures in my spine due to a severe MVA, 8 bulging discs (one of which is pressing directly into my spinal column and is slowly getting closer to my spinal cord every year), and phantom limb pain from a failed surgery that severed 13 major nerves in my head and neck to stop the migraines. I have taken 120Mg of oxycodone/Oxycotin (180 MEUs) for over a decade and am not addicted to a single thing. I can go all day on good days and never think about a pain pill aside from my morning Oxycotin dose. On my bad days, by the end of the day I have taken my full daily dose. If I were to stop taking my meds cold turkey, then I would go through withdrawal, but that has nothing to do with addiction. It is due to a dependence. Being physically "Dependent" on a substance is NOT AN ADDICTION. If you drink coffee 3-4x a day, every day for a year then you are DEPENDENT. If you take Motrin 3-4x a day, you are dependent.

I am so sick of the misinformation out there. It seriously makes me sick to my stomach. Just as bad as the Politicians that are causing honest, chronic pain patients to kill themselves every day because they get on TV claiming their crackdown on "The prescription opioid epidemic" which leads to "thousands of deaths due to Overdose" every year is going to stop neighborhoods from being full of homeless Heroin addicts on every corner and used needles filling the gutters, streets, shopping malls, and parks our children play in. They can't stop Heroin, it is in their interest to never stop it (war on drugs being such big business and all), so when its election time they try to find any possible way to make it seem like they can do anything about it.

Now that I feel better, back on topic. It would be great if they could create a compound that works as well on pain as my regiment does, without the slightest potential for abuse. I am so sick of the judgemental looks I get from the pharmacy staff when I show up on the 30th day at noon (not on the morning of the 28th day when the law says I can fill them), the doctors constantly telling me they are afraid they are going to lose their license and if they get audited by the DEA they will cut every patient off with less then a 30 day supply and leave them to fend for themselves, and the outright lies you see on tv about OD stats regarding prescription pain meds (here is a hint, 98%+ of every OD that is associated with prescribed pain meds is due to a presence of other drugs, legal or not but most likely a benzo or other downer, in the system).
In denial

Just be cognicent of the intestinal problems which come from taking high dose nsaids for long periods. Eventually you may start shitting blood.
And waking up early 3 days a week for dialysis.

Pain does not kill you.
Overdose does.

No one ever died from lack of sleep. No one ever died from pain.

They need a way to eliminate euphoria from all meds, not as a way to "stop people from feeling" as someone above put it. It needs done to reduce addiction.
people are not dying from coffee overdose.
It's opoids.

No one ever died from lack of sleep. No one ever died from pain.
Fantasyland.
SUFFER! YOU MUST ALL SUFFER! Pain and misery is a great motivator!
Well, of course. If you want people to do as their told (max out their debt, since the job of the masses is to own all of that) then you have to make it so the only things they are allowed to enjoy will keep them in debt.

This is why, for instance, American Puritanism has so much sexual repression. The goal is to take the energy related to sexual desire and turn it into product sales. It also, of course, gives politicians opportunities to distract people from economic unfairness. It also gives middle-class busybodies schadenfreude entertainment opportunities.

The euphoria that is permissible is that which involves one taking out their credit card, putting down a mortgage, or creating a new generation of debtors. Arendt wrote about this in the 50s so it's not like no one has figured it out.

The US leads the world in debt and the masses of the US "own" the vast majority of it:

Japan Times said:
At the end of last year, Japan owned net global assets of ¥328 trillion. Germany was the second-largest global creditor, owning ¥262 trillion, followed by China in third place, owning ¥205 trillion. Against the Japan-led phalanx of global creditors, we have the United States as the standout gigantic global debtor: At the end of last year, the U.S. owed ¥886 trillion to the world. America has accumulated more than 10 times more debt than the runner-up global debtor, France, at ¥63 trillion.

Henry Blodget posted a chart during the Occupy movement that showed 86% of US debt is "owned" by ordinary Americans. Meanwhile, the wealthy don't shoulder that burden. Also very noteworthy is that the masses were convinced, overwhelmingly, to invest their lives in real estate, while the wealthy have a much much smaller portion of their wealth portfolio in that. Big surprise that the wealthy engineered the 2008 meltdown (and subsequent too-rich-to-fail bailouts) with that Gramm–Leach–Bliley bill, a bill that particularly targeted ordinary Americans' primary investment. (That's the American Dream, the mortgage, the one Carlin said one has to be asleep to believe.) They want to do it all over again, too — as can be seen in the current GOP platform.

Last edited:
Back