A new elder scrolls game?

brfitzp1337

Limp Gawd
Ever since playing Oblivion, its became my favorite game of all time, played it for hundreds of hours.

It's been years since the release of the last elder scrolls game and i still haven't been able to find a peep of info on a new one. I know it's E3 time and i kind of expected them to give out some info on it by now.

Anyone hear anything? I figured that since it's such a huge game, any info on it would be all over the internet.

I probably won't upgrade my computer again until a new elder scrolls comes out :p no reason to, i don't play any games lately.

I would love to see a new elder scrolls game.
I loved both morrowind and oblivion. even daggerfall can be fun now and then.

and saddly there has been no announcements regarding elder scrolls 5.

i want another oblivion even more polished and the combat system reworked with multiplayer thats all

Bethesda has a lot on their plate at the moment. Their known upcoming games are Brink, Fallout: New Vegas, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, RAGE and Doom 4.

Since Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are major games that use the engine used by Oblivion, I would assume the team currently working on Fallout: New Vegas is the team that would work on TES5.

Bethesda has a lot on their plate at the moment. Their known upcoming games are Brink, Fallout: New Vegas, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, RAGE and Doom 4.

Since Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are major games that use the engine used by Oblivion, I would assume the team currently working on Fallout: New Vegas is the team that would work on TES5.

Bethesda isn't developing any of these games.

Fallout: New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian.

Has there ever been any hints of a TES5 yet? If not I am wondering if they are not just going to wait until next generation consoles.

On one hand, if you compare from TES2->TES3->TES4, it supports this theory of more major jumps in between new games.

Although at the same time they have no announced in house projects at the moment, the last being Fallout 3 DLCs.

Though with Bethesda taking on a lot of publishing projects, I am wondering might they possibly be going for their own Steam/Impulse service?

I've recently reinstalled Morrowind along with MGE, the Morrowind Graphics Extender. It allows you to run widescreen rez, AA and AF as high as your video card will allow, and has additional features in which you can extend the view distance a lot farther. Last night though I lowered the view distance back down cause I actually like some of the fog effects.
If interested in using MGE you have to have Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed. Also on Vista/ Win7 you have to run Morrowind, Morrowind launcher and MGE as administrator.

As long as the next one falls somewhere between Morrowind and Oblivion (the closer to Morrowind the better - I did love the Oblivion combat system though.. I hated swinging a sword at someone in Morrowind and missing when they were all you could see in front of you).

If they add coop, I would love it - as long as they dont gimp anything else to put that in. I doubt it though, as TES has always been single player only.

I just hope the remove the leveling mobs... that still annoys me whenever I play oblivion.

I'm really skeptical we'll see another mainline TES game this console generation. But I would expect to see one within a year of launch of the next gen.
I do think they're cooking up some kind of MMO game.

Noone even ASKED them to make these shitty Fallout games. Why is it so hard to pump out games from your one good franchise at a reasonable rate?

Noone even ASKED them to make these shitty Fallout games. Why is it so hard to pump out games from your one good franchise at a reasonable rate?

I had the same feeling, until I played Fallout 3. I'd rather see them do TESV, rather than waste their time on Fallout. But the game is actually really good. I think it's better done than Oblivion, except if you prefer the medieval fantasy genre. I could go back to vanilla, unmodded Fallout 3, but I'll never go back to vanilla Oblivion.

Still yet, Bethseda needs to stop fooling around and just get going on TESV. Probably most of their efforts are on their MMO they are working on.

just to clarify for everyone, bethesda doesnt publish anything, ZeniMax Media, the parent company, is the publishing house side of it. Bethesda is the developer name they go by. For instance New Vegas is dev by obsidian and published by ZeniMax Media.

I had the same feeling, until I played Fallout 3. I'd rather see them do TESV, rather than waste their time on Fallout. But the game is actually really good. I think it's better done than Oblivion, except if you prefer the medieval fantasy genre. I could go back to vanilla, unmodded Fallout 3, but I'll never go back to vanilla Oblivion.

Still yet, Bethseda needs to stop fooling around and just get going on TESV. Probably most of their efforts are on their MMO they are working on.

I agree, but however, if they make an Oblivion-like MMO that actually turns out to be good, I will nominate them for a Nobel Peace Prize, petition Congress to name the 17th of June "Elder Scrolls Day" which will be a holiday, and Barack Obama will go on national television to encourage all Americans to play the TES MMO, and future civilizations will study the strange fascination we have with TES games.

Hey, I have a good imagination, it fits the TES theme :p

Fallout 3 is a very good game IMO. Playing threw it kinda reminded me of a Oblivion / Stalker hybrid.

Needless to say I enjoyed Fallout 3 just as much or more then Oblivion but I probably am playing more Oblivion then Fallout these days just because there is so much content in Oblivion with mods that it would take a lot longer to complete it all.

I'm pretty sure they are working on TES5 and have been for awhile but I don't expect to see it for a few more years. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I don't believe Bethesda can properly maintain an MMO. I really don't. They have a really bad habit of abandoning their titles to community support, and they seem to be getting worse and worse as they go along. Oblivion was left in pretty bad shape, with the Unofficial Oblivion Patch fixing over 1,800 bugs (to say nothing of the Unofficial Mods Patch and the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch). Fallout 3, incredibly, is in even worse shape (too much to discuss here).

I would fully expect Bethesda MMO tech support to be like an orc - nasty, brutish and short.

If they make the new TES an MMO i'll be seriously pissed. I hate mmo's with a passion and find them boring as hell.

Anyways, TES was my favorite game as well as many have stated. I still remember the feeling that came over me the first time I walked out of castle's Dungeon in the beginning of the game. It was night and raining and I still can't forget how beautiful the world looked and how realistic the rain sounded... the music that went with it was amazing too.

Both Oblivion and Fallout seem unfinished... too ambitious.

I'm not sure about that, I spent well over 120 hours with both games each and feel totally satisfied with what I experienced in Oblivion. As for Fallout 3, a part of me did want more out of the game in the end but I still thought it was a good game,though it didn't rank up there with the first two in terms of quality or story.

I really want to see a new Elderscrolls game using the Tech 5 engine. Especially after seeing some of the landscapes they can pull off with its new technology.

I hope they do a better job on the next one. Oblivion needed too many mods to fix the gameplay, not to mention all the patches for the bugs. Fallout 3 is buggy, but I like it just fine without mods. Morrowind was also great, though I hated the leveling system.

I hope they do a better job on the next one. Oblivion needed too many mods to fix the gameplay, not to mention all the patches for the bugs. Fallout 3 is buggy, but I like it just fine without mods. Morrowind was also great, though I hated the leveling system.

That's just Bethesda for you. I wouldn't know what it was like to not play one of their games...and especially if you buy it on day one...and not have some crash to desktops and some other crap like that. It's just part of the "experience." :rolleyes: ;)

May not need to run morrowind.exe as admin, but I kept getting errors until I ran MGE as admin. The readme file for that program states that you may need to run all 3 executables mentioned as admin to get it to work. So I did so thinking it was needed. W7x64 system. It may depend on how high your UAC settings are. I keep mine all the way up.

Weird. I also have UAC maxed. Maybe it depends on the install location, but I haven't had any issues like that. Using both the retail and Steam versions, I haven't needed to elevate.

i'd like to see some coop, nothing like an mmo. i'd like to keep the single player experience i enjoyed in morrowind and oblivion but maybe have some help from 2 - 4 player coop.

make the world larger, add more provinces, more interactive dialogue with the npc's. i'd be all over this game.

I agree, but however, if they make an Oblivion-like MMO that actually turns out to be good, I will nominate them for a Nobel Peace Prize, petition Congress to name the 17th of June "Elder Scrolls Day" which will be a holiday, and Barack Obama will go on national television to encourage all Americans to play the TES MMO, and future civilizations will study the strange fascination we have with TES games.

Hey, I have a good imagination, it fits the TES theme :p

LOL, if they can pull off a next gen "oblivion" WITH the full single player experience, WITH MMO options, and WITHOUT a monthly subscription, then yes, we can have Elder Scrolls Day. Well, also throw in the requirement for a near bugless game.

Fallout 3 is a very good game IMO. Playing threw it kinda reminded me of a Oblivion / Stalker hybrid.

Needless to say I enjoyed Fallout 3 just as much or more then Oblivion but I probably am playing more Oblivion then Fallout these days just because there is so much content in Oblivion with mods that it would take a lot longer to complete it all.

I'm pretty sure they are working on TES5 and have been for awhile but I don't expect to see it for a few more years. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Yeah, Fallout 3 really surprised me how good it was. I should play Stalker.

As mentioned in some previous TESV thread, there's a good chance that Bethseda is just waiting for the next generation consoles before we see it released. They are probably doing things that only a PC can currently pull off.

Back