A new cooler! CRYORIG R1

doyll

[H]ard|Gawd
Just noticed new company CRYORIG has their first cooler showing on their website!
http://www.cryorig.com/r1.php

Anybody know more about it?

Looks like it should be a very nice cooler. Ticks all the boxes; PWM fans, offset to clear RAM not too wide, not too tall, good mount design.

CRYORIG R1
R1topqtr_zps5b9c3122.jpg

a83f7983-0cfb-466e-bd3d-7d86a62b4402_zps9fd3feb1.jpg
50d6a996-1e03-4988-a8ba-2480f3bc5cf9_zpsd833f0e0.jpg
8607c4a3-234e-44ea-865c-d5d45a753242_zpsa2abdfaa.jpg

R1Specifications_zps4e219fb0.jpg

Looks to be competing with the top coolers. Next is their new fans.. Wonder what will be after that?

Can't find much even from their site about it.

Usually those slim fans are not worth a damn on static pressure.

INTRODUCING CRYORIG

NOVEMBER 29 2013, PM 05:31

CRYORIG LLC, announces the arrival of the R1, CRYORIG’s first flagship CPU cooler.

Officially founded in 2013, CRYORIG is a fresh new comer to the PC peripherals and Cooling market but with a core team of seasoned veterans. Our team’s resume include experiences with renowned brands such Thermalright, Prolimatech and Phanteks. With our experience and drive for innovation and improvement we are proud to present our very first flagship dual tower solution, the CRYORIG R1.

The R1 is an accumulation of years of research and design. Putting good use to our multiple manufacturing and design patents, the CRYORIG R1 is jam packed with multiple one of a kind features. The long list of features include our patented DirectCompress™ full contact soldering process, Jet Fin Acceleration System™, Heatpipe Convex-Align™ and Displacement Optimization™ Systems.

The R1 will be featured in two flavors, the R1Universal and the R1 Ultimate. The R1 Ultimate will have two XF140’s full 140x26mm fans, and the ability to add a third XF140. The Universal version features one XF140 and a thin profile 140x13mm XT140 silent performance fan, offering terrific performance with almost no tradeoff for performance and compatibility.

The CRYORIG R1 Ultimate, XF140 and XT140 are set for release on Jan 1st of 2014 and the R1 Universal is set at February 2014 for select countries.

Please visit www.CRYORIG.com for the latest product information and release dates.

Wow, that thing is huge, almost 1 kilo minus fans, that's just over 2 lbs sitting or hanging off your mb. Better start working out!

Looks pretty much just like all of the other large heat sinks out there except its black... nice.

I'll just make one with 30 heatpipes, is about 20"x20", replaces the side panel of your case, mounts like the SI-128 and uses a fucking box fan.

These huge ass coolers are getting crazy.

I'll just make one with 30 heatpipes, is about 20"x20", replaces the side panel of your case, mounts like the SI-128 and uses a fucking box fan.

These huge ass coolers are getting crazy.
Actually, it'd probably sell quite well. lol

I think you're onto something here.

I want it make of solid copper too. It should weigh at least 10 pounds and include a custom box-fan.

Oh wait, we just described a flat AC condenser coil...

condenser-coil.jpg

I'd call it the "Professional Electrothermal Nullification Induction System".

It should be bigger, that way you don't have room to put a single thing in your case besides that giant fucking cpu cooler.

seriously, get a closed circuit watercooler already.

Ha ha ha...he said Professional Electrothermal Nullification Induction System......

But where the hell is it? Supposedly samples were sent out for reviews in November, as was stated in an email to me from the company. Soooooooo........while waiting I got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE....REALLY excellent cooler.....got the black one for $74.00 at Newegg...:) sorry guys, but when your cooler dies, it dies...

Ha ha ha...he said Professional Electrothermal Nullification Induction System......

But where the hell is it? Supposedly samples were sent out for reviews in November, as was stated in an email to me from the company. Soooooooo........while waiting I got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE....REALLY excellent cooler.....got the black one for $74.00 at Newegg...:) sorry guys, but when your cooler dies, it dies...
Does it have ripples / dents on the inside of the bends from base to finned radiators? Several from Newegg in December and early January did. :eek:

If it is bad, might want to return and get the R1 :D

Have been testing mine and love it. Mounting is a breeze, everything works like it says on the tin, couldn't be happier.

Running it on a different setup than I used for Phanteks PH-TC14PE and Silver Arrow SB-E (GA-EX58-UD3R died; replaced with GA-X58A-UD3R) so can't really compare until I do some more testing with them on this motherboard. But as it stands right now I believe it is cooling better than they did by 2-4c. In fact I think it's very close to Silver Arrow SB-E with TY-143 130cfm 2500rpm fans. And when I tested the I tested 14PE with TY-143 fans it was 2-4c cooler than SA SB-E E. I have not ran they TY-143 fans on R1 Ultimate yet but do plan to at some point.

Needless to say I plan on keeping this one for some time. :D

CryOrig has released the line of R1 Ultimate, R1 Universal (has better RAM clearance), XT140 fan and XF140 fan in Japan, Korea & Tiawan.Today they are selling in Germany. The MSRP is $89.90 US, but the German internet price is € 69.90.. Subract 19% VAT and that is closer to $79.00. UK price is supposed to be £55 (£46 + VAT) according to Vortez.. although I have not seen anyone advertising it here yet. If that is true than about $76.00. My guess is they will be in North America soon.

Vortez comparison of R1 Ultimate show:
Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme 2.6c cooler,
Silverstone HE01 is only 0.5c cooler,
Dark Rock Pro 2 is 4.1c warmer,
NH-D14 SE2011 is 7.9c warmer.

Vortez only monitors room ambient instead of monitoring the temperature of air going into cooler / radiator. Not using cooler/radiator intake air temp when testing in a case means CLCs have definite advantage over air coolers because

they move more air through case (their fans are additional exhaust from case)
they dump all their own heated air outside of case
air coolers dump their heated air inside of case
raising the case air temperature
every degree warmer the air going into cooler/radiator is translates to about a degree warmer the CPU is

My theory is that's the biggest reason CLCs tested in cases have cooler CPU temps than top air coolers while open bench test station results are closer to the same.

Regardless I monitor air temp going into cooler. That's the critical temperature, not what the room temp is. I know off topic. :rolleyes:

Back