A Monitor That Prints Screen Caps?

So they attached a printer to the screen so its a new device that prints screen caps. Cool

Im going to invent a device that has speakers attached to a monitor and make it play sounds that i point to on the screen. I will win 1 internet with this invention.

This sucker is going to come with a hefty premium. Kinda cool concept, but I definitely won't be getting one any time soon. How often does the average user really design to print JUST a screen capture?

Interesting. That particular product is completely useless to me, but the scanning idea could be useful. I don't deal with ink or RGB though. I can just as easily screen cap crop and print here, but we have space for real printers.

What about a monitor that is also a scanner? All you have to do is press it against the screen and it'll be digitally transferred to be displayed on the monitor.

Why do we use more paper now than we ever did before. I thought the major point of computing was to trim back on paper usage. That has been the complete opposite. Paper usage is at an all time high. I know, my paper stocks are doing great.

If they had 310 million people and a $14 trillion economy in the 1950s, they would use WAY more paper than we do.

Yeah, nothing like spending on a few hundred bucks to do something a $20 software program could handle.

It'll be funny if you share it as a network printer, then your monitor will be pooping stuff out randomly in front of you.

If they had 310 million people and a $14 trillion economy in the 1950s, they would use WAY more paper than we do.
Thanks, beat me to it.

It'll be funny if you share it as a network printer, then your monitor will be pooping stuff out randomly in front of you.
That sounds like a real easy way to fire someone. Just, "Your Fired!" in big block letters printed in landscape.

If it's anything like most printers, it'll probably start to break down just after warranty runs out, and the repairs will cost more then actually buying multiple printers.

does anyone really want prints of them whacking off while on the interwebs? What a shit concept, really.

if this thing is anything like a normal printer, the ink refills will cost more than the monitor. ;)

If it's anything like a normal printer, it will likely shake your monitor off the desk while it's printing....

What about a monitor that is also a scanner? All you have to do is press it against the screen and it'll be digitally transferred to be displayed on the monitor.

there has been talk of integrating 'sensors' into the typical RGB pixels of LCD monitors, so you might have red, green, blue, touch, and visual "sub-pixels" at each point on your monitor.

The unfortunate thing is that if they did that, the scan quality would be relatively low as monitors are typically 100 pixels per inch, while scanners usually scan at 300 or more dpi.

Why do we use more paper now than we ever did before. I thought the major point of computing was to trim back on paper usage. That has been the complete opposite. Paper usage is at an all time high. I know, my paper stocks are doing great.

It's because this is the sort of problem I like to think of as being "too large for the pitiful, minuscule human intellect at large to understand the significance of," which means, in short, we're fucked until the symptoms grow too large to ignore, or another sultry money-making scheme comes along to supplant those presently reaping mibitriquadrillions of succulent green sheets.

there has been talk of integrating 'sensors' into the typical RGB pixels of LCD monitors, so you might have red, green, blue, touch, and visual "sub-pixels" at each point on your monitor.

The unfortunate thing is that if they did that, the scan quality would be relatively low as monitors are typically 100 pixels per inch, while scanners usually scan at 300 or more dpi.

It would work great as a low res mirror. You could do your hair in the mirror, then suddely forget what looks cool, and fire up google image search...then drag the picture of the fashinable "do" to the left and swap half back to mirror...or something.

Also it would work for vampires... or for optical camoflage if you coated yourself in a monitor suit. Or had a giant mirror wall in your house and suddenly, hey look a wall sized tv! then came down the the mirror ball and then, bam! it was a monitor too! Then the mirror ball could reflect the giant mirror tv and if the latency was good enough you could form a huge tunnel and go back in time.

Paper usage is indeed way too high now. Look no further than who prints our money and you will see why. Especially since there is sitting in a warehpuse over 100 BILLION dollars worth of 100 dollar bills that cant be used.

NO

Go back and read your Dilbert. Think of the users. Think of the people who print their email. Think of the people who printer their spam. I just got my father a color laser printer. He would go broke buying ink for this unholy monstrocity.

I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues. KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Nice, now if only they had added fax capability, it could truly be an all-in-one device. :cool: (Not that I would have any plans on buying one. ;))

But they're becoming more dense all the time. Look at the iPhone 2 - 260DPI if I'm not mistaken.

let me know when you can print video onto paper. until then keep your half-cocked ideas in your imagination. why do people still waste their time printing crap?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

A real useful thing would be a display that can show images as if they were printed on paper.
You know the digital ink displays on book readers like the kindle? Those are only in black and white but they're a lot more like reading paper than reading a book on the ipad for example.
I've got no idea how they would do it but if they could have some kind of color digital ink it would be great.

Back