A Look at the First Boring Machine for Elon Musk’s Boring Company

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Nothing glamorous here, but it is interesting to see that Musk’s idea of burrowing underground is truly materializing and not turning into fluff. A SpaceX employee has posted a photo of one of the boring machines, but I guess he got heat for it since he just made his Instagram private. I hear Elon’s next venture will be anti-succubus technology.

The Boring Company has by far the punniest name, however, and now it also has some branded hardware — an industrial tunnel boring machine emblazoned with the company’s non-nonsense logo. A SpaceX engineer posted to his Instagram page an image of The Boring Company’s big tubular tunnel digger and the cylindrical beast makes it very clear that Musk is serious about his plan to wind networks of tunnels under dense urban development to help alleviate traffic and also give Hyperloop transit systems somewhere to run.

This guy and gates are legends . Carnegie and Rockefeller of our generation without the murders of employees and living in slums lol.

Anywho i never thought of the underground tubes! This is genious. He builds companies to solve his issues which rocks. Also nazi jet experiments showed huge speeds from the vacuum of underground tunnels for jet take off ... I can see this being super handy.. while also not changing pressure by wind or weather or sunset etc

Anyone else get the impression that this machine could be launched and used on other planets or moons?

It's just got that rocket ship look.

I sure hope Elon isn't secretly evil....rockets, giant tunnel excavating machines, massive energy storage devices....I mean, is this just the long con to hold the world hostage for $1 million?

He is just setting up his own weapons and defenses. Nothing to see here.

I just hope Elon signed a contract with the company that says if the driller breaks down then they gotta pay for it instead of forcing the city to pay for it like what happened with Bertha.

And to think, this all started because he got pissed off at traffic.
That's what he wants us to believe. It really started because his older neighbor would not let musk play with the Micronauts.

Last edited:
...yawn. Oops, sorry, just a natural reaction. But why do away with the succubus?

You pretty much need to build your cites underground on Mars, so he needs to test his Mars construction gear here before shipping it. ;)

Anyone else get the impression that this machine could be launched and used on other planets or moons?

It's just got that rocket ship look.

thats the first thing I thought of before I thought of going after arnold on MARS in total recall. Pretty much the whole time I thought of total recall.

Anti-succubus tech FTW! Because you know how all of us geeks hate hot chicks...

Back