A little mozilla help please

spugnor

[H]F Junkie
Hi guys.

I would like to find out exactly what file and where it is where mozilla (not firefox) stores it's bookmarks. I just lost all of mine AGAIN, and would like to back them up, but i can't seem to figure out where they are stored. Thanks in advance. :)

i have this:
C:\Documents and Settings\(your id)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\chicuvg5.default\bookmarks.html

I suppose since i currently do not have a folder called that anywhere on my system, that might be the problem. I'll try reconstructing my bookmarks from memory AGAIN, and see if they show up there. Thanks for the reply. :)

/edit

Google is indeed my friend. For those who might be interested, you can make a backup by exporting your bookmarks using the manage bookmarks tool option. I should have done that first, but i've come to rely on the [H] forums too much... LOL :D

spugnor said:
I suppose since i currently do not have a folder called that anywhere on my system, that might be the problem.

No, it isn't. Check your C:\Documents and Settings\(your id)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles directory. There should be at least one folder there. Your bookmarks are inside, in bookmarks.htm.

If there's more than one directory, then you'll just have to pick and choose using the Import option in the Bookmarks menu to see for yourself which is which.

Back