A little help with BENQ FP241VW

nope def not a cs problem, because I get the same kind of artifacts? on the BenQ OSD and the Windows logo when loading...

Does your motherboard have integrated video that you can try? Do you have any history of using your exact PC on a different monitor?

actually this problem happened before, but it went away after a few days. Now its happening again. Same monitor same graphics card. It doesnt look like its just going to go away this time...

Most likely a GPU problem, you can test for artifacts and stability( link below). also try from secondary device I.E. PS3 / XBOX360 or any other device with HDMI or DVI or VGA to rule out the monitor 100% and then probably call ATI if it displays no problems and test does not give any clear result as to the problem with the graphics card.

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

ATITOOL doesnt work. I just installed XP64 maybe its incompatable? Or should I uninstall Catalyst?

That looks like a monitor problem to me.

Write down any custom color settings and go into the rightmost menu (system?) and do a factory reset, turn off the monitor, disconnect it from power for a bit, and then turn it on. If it doesn't go away, I would probably recommend contacting their support.

Get an e-mail address if you can from the support person so that you can send them a photo of the OSD specifically.

I doubt a video card is going to corrupt the OSD.

I have an input question for the fp241vw, as I just got one. There is a headphone jack, but no aux-in. What is the point of having a headphone jack then? Is it for like, if you plug a DVD player in through the HDMI, will the headphone jack just output whatever audio comes in through the HDMI cable? If this is the case, will this work with an Xbox 360?

I'm going to try a different graphics card today and see if I can at least eliminate that. If I still have those issues then I'll exchange my monitor.

Thanks.

That looks like a monitor problem to me.

Write down any custom color settings and go into the rightmost menu (system?) and do a factory reset, turn off the monitor, disconnect it from power for a bit, and then turn it on. If it doesn't go away, I would probably recommend contacting their support.

Get an e-mail address if you can from the support person so that you can send them a photo of the OSD specifically.

I doubt a video card is going to corrupt the OSD.

ok I tried a different card, now everything works fine except for the Monitor OSD....do you think i should exchange it?

So it looks like if I change the resolution to anything other than 1920X1200 the screen goes crazy... I have more pictures here

Normal Desktop:

PIC

Desktop at 1680X1050:

PIC

Normal CS:S @ 1920X1200

PIC

CS:S @1680X1050

PIC

do you guys think this is a big enough problem that I should exchange it since I probably wont any resolution other than 1920X1200

it's up to you, but if that was my monitor it would go back right away :)

Back