A kind of review

madmike

n00b
Ok i would call this a review but its gonna mostly sound like a 13 year old boy talking about Jessica Alba.

I just bought the KRK Rokit Powered 8's last week. i now have one weeks of daily listening to them. Everything about these is incredible. I AB the speakers against a similar sized pair of NHT running off of a bryston 2B with a Naim pre amp ( Just ran digital out to the Naim and a mini to TRS to the KRK ) and the differences were minimal as far as sound quality was concerned. Different but equally impressive. I am untrained but i know what sounds 'natural' or close to it. I cant say it enough. For the love of music please please save two or three weeks and buy ANYTHING besides computer speakers. I cant believe that i actually thought i could live with the z-5300's.

I know some will immediately say " But not everyone has the money for that " True but if you just saved a little bit and were patient you would be able to go and one up your system. We are not constrained to computer speakers folks. I learned that this week and its a lesson i am gonna scream from the rooftops. No more crappy speakers, EVER ! !

Also, is there anywhere that has a EQ add in for Any of the media players ? i mean something beyond the 7 band parametric that is in creative and winamp. I want like 15 20 32 band styles. Anyone ?

Sweet thanks ill go and look that up right now. Wanna buy a nice Raine Analog Rack mount EQ ? :) ... hehe

madmike said:
Ok i would call this a review but its gonna mostly sound like a 13 year old boy talking about Jessica Alba.

I just bought the KRK Rokit Powered 8's last week. i now have one weeks of daily listening to them. Everything about these is incredible. I AB the speakers against a similar sized pair of NHT running off of a bryston 2B with a Naim pre amp ( Just ran digital out to the Naim and a mini to TRS to the KRK ) and the differences were minimal as far as sound quality was concerned. Different but equally impressive. I am untrained but i know what sounds 'natural' or close to it. I cant say it enough. For the love of music please please save two or three weeks and buy ANYTHING besides computer speakers. I cant believe that i actually thought i could live with the z-5300's.

I know some will immediately say " But not everyone has the money for that " True but if you just saved a little bit and were patient you would be able to go and one up your system. We are not constrained to computer speakers folks. I learned that this week and its a lesson i am gonna scream from the rooftops. No more crappy speakers, EVER ! !

true dat. there is nothing better than a set of studio monitors for computer speakers... well.. maybe a set of nice cans w/ a ppa amp. :)

Back