A hot deal NOW HOTTER - X2 BE 2400 2.3GHz $25 FS

SirKronan

Supreme [H]ardness
DEAD DEAL

Sorry to those that missed out. :(

Apply coupon code: AMD83015

To get the AMD Athlon X2 BE 2400 (2.3GHz) 45w processor for $25 shipped!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103215

These overclock well, or make much cooler processors for HTPC's at stock then previous generation 65w X2s. I used one of these to replace my X2 4600 in my HTPC. I was getting 50c temps at idle. Now I'm idling at 35c or less in the same case, with one less fan even. Amazing improvement.

This was posted at $30 before. At $25 I'm ordering another one just for a backup processor or for another budget build for someone. This deal is incredible.

$26.80 for me (because of tax), still its one hell of a deal.

I don't even need another cpu, but for that cheap I might just have to buy one. :D

$26.80 for me (because of tax), still its one hell of a deal.

I don't even need another cpu, but for that cheap I might just have to buy one. :D

Heck yeah. I'm buying one for a spare, even though I already have a spare. Maybe now I can use it for another build? 25 bucks shipped ... and dual core. Oh my holy freaking ..... I LOVE YOU NEWEGG.

I'm in for one and I don't know why!! I have 3 procs heading to me now and no use for any of em. Like seal said, any cheap mobo ideas for a backup comp?

I'm in for one and I don't know why!! I have 3 procs heading to me now and no use for any of em. Like seal said, any cheap mobo ideas for a backup comp?

what's a good motherboard?

In for 1... and I don't even have a mobo for this!

Any mobo suggestions?

For an HTPC

With bells and whistles:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128090

That's the one I have. Fine HD decoding with integrated, audio via HDMI as well. LOTS of I/O and expandability for an mATX board. On sale right now: $85 with free shipping.

Without bells and whistles:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186143

Just dropped to $54 shipped. :eek: No HDMI w/audio, only DVI. Very simple, but solid from what I've read. Cheap cheap cheap HTPC with this processor, lol.

If you want to overclock like crazy and get a higher performance normal ATX board a lot of the 790FX boards are excellent. If you want a recommendation on one of those just ask.

For an HTPC

With bells and whistles:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128090

That's the one I have. Fine HD decoding with integrated, audio via HDMI as well. LOTS of I/O and expandability for an mATX board. On sale right now: $85 with free shipping.

Without bells and whistles:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186143

Just dropped to $54 shipped. :eek: No HDMI w/audio, only DVI. Very simple, but solid from what I've read. Cheap cheap cheap HTPC with this processor, lol.

If you want to overclock like crazy and get a higher performance normal ATX board a lot of the 790FX boards are excellent. If you want a recommendation on one of those just ask.
is it true that you only get 2 channel audio over HDMI with that board? what about a good board that can do 5 channel audio?

is it true that you only get 2 channel audio over HDMI with that board? what about a good board that can do 5 channel audio?

WHAT THE .....??? The Gigabyte?? It does support 5.1 via HDMI.

I have, however read this:

"PowerDVD 7 doesnt support HDMI audio only PowerDVD 8 Ultra . I had the same issue as you had. Make sure you have the latest Realtek HDMI 1.91 drivers and Catalyst 8.4. Then buy PowerDVD 8 and it should work for you."

I have 7, and it supports 5.1 just fine with analog connected speakers on HD DVD's and blu rays. I have verified this with speaker tests, movies and such.

I also read this:

"OK Folks - I can't honestly believe this but I have just achieved DD/DTS pass-through by doing the total sum of ................................... nothing. No changes to drivers, nothing.

My dealer contacted me this evening to advise me that the replacement Gigabyte mobo would be shipped tomorrow. I decided to give it one more try, more in vain hope than expectation and guess what lit up on the front of my receiver - DOLBY DIGITAL. I couldn't believe it and having struggled with this for approx 7 weeks, if I could have done cartwheels I would have.

Unfortunately for anyone else who has this issue, I can't offer any words of wisdom, or a solution - 'cause there isn't in my situation, it just decided to work."

He had complained of his first board only doing 2.1 via HDMI, but his replacement board does it just fine. I would imagine that the new boards the egg has are the newer revision boards. I have an early revision board, but I am game to take it to work and test it on a receiver ... gotta wait until my wife goes on a trip somewhere though, she uses that HTPC every day!!

Best freaking thing in the whole world. All her TV shows, all my son's disney movies in Xvid ... smaller than a home theater receiver, plays HD DVDs (blu rays too when prices come down), internet TV, all our iTunes music. And every single computer in the house can wirelessly or wiredly connect and share the movies and recorded TV in HD and SD over our network.

I'm using this very processor in that Gigabyte board. Works great, and runs cool and efficient.

It says on Gigabyte's website that it supports full HDCP, 1080p video, and DTS audio output via HDMI for this and other revisions of this board. You should be fine. If you want to wait until I can test mine for sure, I'll do it as fast as I can. Snag the processor because that's the hot deal right now, even if you want to wait on the mobo....

WHAT THE .....??? The Gigabyte?? It does support 5.1 via HDMI.

I have, however read this:

"PowerDVD 7 doesnt support HDMI audio only PowerDVD 8 Ultra . I had the same issue as you had. Make sure you have the latest Realtek HDMI 1.91 drivers and Catalyst 8.4. Then buy PowerDVD 8 and it should work for you."

I have 7, and it supports 5.1 just fine with analog connected speakers on HD DVD's and blu rays. I have verified this with speaker tests, movies and such.

I also read this:

"OK Folks - I can't honestly believe this but I have just achieved DD/DTS pass-through by doing the total sum of ................................... nothing. No changes to drivers, nothing.

My dealer contacted me this evening to advise me that the replacement Gigabyte mobo would be shipped tomorrow. I decided to give it one more try, more in vain hope than expectation and guess what lit up on the front of my receiver - DOLBY DIGITAL. I couldn't believe it and having struggled with this for approx 7 weeks, if I could have done cartwheels I would have.

Unfortunately for anyone else who has this issue, I can't offer any words of wisdom, or a solution - 'cause there isn't in my situation, it just decided to work."

He had complained of his first board only doing 2.1 via HDMI, but his replacement board does it just fine. I would imagine that the new boards the egg has are the newer revision boards. I have an early revision board, but I am game to take it to work and test it on a receiver ... gotta wait until my wife goes on a trip somewhere though, she uses that HTPC every day!!

Best freaking thing in the whole world. All her TV shows, all my son's disney movies in Xvid ... smaller than a home theater receiver, plays HD DVDs (blu rays too when prices come down), internet TV, all our iTunes music. And every single computer in the house can wirelessly or wiredly connect and share the movies and recorded TV in HD and SD over our network.

I'm using this very processor in that Gigabyte board. Works great, and runs cool and efficient.

It says on Gigabyte's website that it supports full HDCP, 1080p video, and DTS audio output via HDMI for this and other revisions of this board. You should be fine. If you want to wait until I can test mine for sure, I'll do it as fast as I can. Snag the processor because that's the hot deal right now, even if you want to wait on the mobo....
well my buddy just got this board a couple weeks ago and he said he can only get 2 channel out of it
he's pretty knowledgeable, so I figured he was right
I tried to do some research tonight, but it looks like HDMI audio is just one huge clusterfuck and I gave up

Hmm sounds like a good HTPC chip. I just need a good ATSC/QAM TV tuner now

Just wondering, is this processor around the same performance as the e1200 Celeron?

well my buddy just got this board a couple weeks ago and he said he can only get 2 channel out of it
he's pretty knowledgeable, so I figured he was right
I tried to do some research tonight, but it looks like HDMI audio is just one huge clusterfuck and I gave up

I'll test it as soon as I can. You'll have a personal testimonial from someone who has years of experience in both home theater and computers, so like i said, just hold of on the board buying until I get some straight up results for you, ok? I am going to ditch the analog soon and get a real receiver myself, and I want to know that I'm going to get 5.1 via HDMI just as much as you do. I don't mind testing the waters for people on this one. :D

Hmm sounds like a good HTPC chip. I just need a good ATSC/QAM TV tuner now

This one is a good deal and a good tuner:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100014

Low profile bracket and Media Center remote included.

This is the one that I have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100015

Basically the same tuner, including low profile bracket, but no remote and OEM. Not the fastest tuner I've ever used, but not too slow, and both standard def and hi def are very good quality. That's more than most tuners can say. (currently OOS). I already had the remote, so this is the one I bought, but it was $79 when I bought it!

I've also always had extremely good luck with Hauppaugge tuners. Quality built and reliable with good picture, but I couldn't tell if any of their tuners on the egg included the LP bracket. If you don't need it, no worries.

Yes please... and thank you!

Really, looking for the cheapest board to take this to 2.8-3.0 GHz.

Should hit 3.0 EASY with this board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130136

$150, tons of ports and features, QUAD CROSSFIRE, :eek: !! NeoSeeker and Bit-tech loved this board. They were even able to take the X2 BE model under this one (2.1 or something) up to 3.05GHz on this board. Yowska!!! :D

Review:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/12/21/msi_k9a2_cf/1

Edit: 790FX boards aren't "cheap" right now, as they boast a lot of features and the new high end performance for AMD. Newegg only had one board cheaper, and it had $8 which brought it up to almost the price of the MSI. That MSI board is incredible. There is a Gigabyte that has proven itself as well, but the egg isn't carrying it right now for some reason...

I was thinking of one in the ~$50 range... are there any boards with decent OC options at this price?

People have been able to hit 2.6-2.8 with the 780G, from what I've heard. Don't know about the cheaply foxconn, but the Gigabyte should be pretty good.

Thanks. $27 shipped for me including tax. I bit on the last deal too. These are great budget processors.

I was thinking of one in the ~$50 range... are there any boards with decent OC options at this price?
I'm overclocking mine on a $10 Abit AN-M2 board. :p You can get those on ebay for under $35 shipped. The only thing limiting me is the cooler I can install in a 3.5" low profile/SFF mATX case. 3GHz is stable, but I run it at 2.5GHz to keep the system idle power down (~37W idle at the wall for the whole system minus monitor).

That reminds me. I'm going to need another board when I receive the chip I just ordered. Frys has some more Abit boards on clearance again. I think this one is $39.90 in store: http://shop4.frys.com/product/5598280 Or maybe i'll dig up a used ECS NForce4M-A.

I bit. Can't pass it up. Maybe I should switch my HTPC over to an integrated video setup?

How does it compared to the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ besides the clock speed?

I dont even have a desktop at the moment and bought anyway. dammit. hope my wife doesnt find out.

Coupon code, enter it.

LOL! That's sad...it said coupon code on the first line of the post. That's what you get for being a college student though lol. You skip the first part and just read the meat of the problem.

Newegg must really be trying to get rid of these things.

I got mine for $30 a couple weeks ago. These are AWSOME cpus, idles 25C on my Scythe (don't remember the exact name) cooler with a 120mm 700rpm fan.

I was happy with getting a pair of 1.9GHz spartas off of ebay for $32.... but looks like one of those is getting an upgrade :D

Newegg must really be trying to get rid of these things.

I got mine for $30 a couple weeks ago. These are AWESOME cpus, idles 25C on my Scythe (don't remember the exact name) cooler with a 120mm 700rpm fan.

Yeah. Freaking amazing chips. My 4600 which was only 100MHz faster idled at 50c in my very small HTPC. I know part of the heat in there was the fact that they were all 80mm fans, and that the Gigabyte NB on their 780G board puts out a crapload of heat. But Everest and CoreTemp all had my CPU registering 50c+ idle temps, and the BIOS had the thing even hotter than that.

Right now playing music my new 2400 BE is at 32c. Amazing improvement, and this is even with one less fan so my case would be quieter. My HTPC is probably sitting around 50-60w draw most of the time with this processor combined with integrated video. I'll have to measure ....

im lookin at throwing together a little HTPC with this chip, but i need a decent case/psu for it that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.... anyone help me out?

Back