A Great Co-op Game!???

My mates and I are having a killer time playing co-op games
such as Arma 3 and very little BF4 (actually almost none).
We enjoy a co-op game that is open world does not need to be a
simulation like Arma but the same characteristics.

So I started snooping around for a new Co-op game to try out.
The more I search the more I came up empty. To the point where I began
asking my self if there are any good co-op games. Now let me clear it
up a little bit more about the characteristics we are referring too.

LARGE Open World - (no stomping lands/ no the forest/ no Dayz since its not complete)
PVP - COOP - Must support clans or some kind of group to play with your friends against others.
Real Life Weapons (or close) - No Wow or games like that! Including LOL.
Perma Death or if you die you lose your gear.
You have the ability to rob others for their gear.
Ability to build structures/ purchase structures as housing.
Communications with others in game so that you may RP.
Fast Travel options such as vehicles or trains etc.. not just walking!

Now it doesn't need to have all of these characteristics.
I think there is something special about Perma death or just punishment
for death. Elevates the game to a new level.

Warz (played the shit out of it , no one else likes it but me..lol)
Nether (missing depth)
The Forest (Baby Stage)
The Stomping Lands (Baby Stage)
Arma 3 Mods (played them all)
DayZ Standalone (no cars incomplete)

So any good Co-ops that you are enjoying please post.
Console - PC - Tablets - Phone - Board Game pretty much anything goes!

You could try Rust. And also Left for dead 2, that does not meet your criteria but it's the best coop game I know.

Borderlands 2 is the best co-op shooter that I've played. It has dueling but no major pvp systems.

Honestly, if they gave Skyrim 16 player servers, then that would fit your bill.

Instead at Bethesda they're all like "LOLOLOLOLMMORAIDSMONTHLYSUBSCRIPTION"

ARMA2 wasteland
not many good servers anymore, but its still far better than ARMA3

Rust will bring out the worst in you and it's great, can't wait once the new experimental shit stabilizes some more

Once upon a time some friends and I played said game. We had a pretty shit base, to be honest, but mostly did our own thing, generally staying away from our obnoxious neighbor who was not only slowly building a fortress, but would shoot anyone on sight instantly. He was friends with the bigger forces on the server, and there was almost no way to win a fight with against a dude with an M4 / full kevlar unless the planets aligned. Whatever, we did our thang and they did theirs, mostly.

One day him and his homies roll out and obliterate our pussy little base. Everything we had was ruined and we were now at zero. That's the point when you want to say FUCK IT and quit, but the pieces fell into place and we would form an alliance later that night. Tucked away in a remote section of the map, we would grow wildly out of control over the next week or so. This spot was much better, being not only near a ton of resources, but nearly impossible to stumble across. We started to snowball, stockpiling resources and gaining some more players.

And boy did we snowball hard. Our attacks went well and only further accelerated our growth. Nobody could figure out where the fuck we were either, so retaliation was impossible. There was some fucking primal satisfaction when we stormed the dude's base that attacked us early on. Better yet is that we wiped his friend off the map right before so he probably knew he was going to be getting his shit rocked next.

At one point, we fought our way into the busiest part of the server, pushed into like a 30 story building they had, stole everything, and fought back out -- also locking several people in since we replaced all the doors, leaving them no way out but suicide (and all their gear). We basically ruined the server, nobody had anything and we had everything.

Thousands of rounds of every type of ammo, dozens of C4, crates on crates of every weapon and armor -- and it was all stored in our super villain-esque base that was not only entirely metal, but so fucking hard to navigate that we had our own map drawn out. It was literally completely random, there was no pattern or layout. By the time anyone had found it, it was basically impossible to raid because that much C4 simply didn't exist. I think I estimated it would of been like 70+ to get to the first items, and that's if you knew exactly where you were going.

Pretty funny that it probably would've never happened if some guy didn't raid and ruin our little shitty base and destroy everything just for the sake of ruining it.

bonus naked human centipede on our roof screenshot
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3424160647682903259/7EB4FD25D7969B5BA454CD252B5687C790EA8FC2/

That story nearly has me purchasing this game. It sounds like adult minecraft.

Rust is excellent, but I will say after a while I did get tired of the limited content. The devs are doing a ton of updating, but most of those updates are still on the experimental branch and not the default game. Well worth a purchase though.

I think games like Rust - Stomping Lands and The Forest (single player still)
they all fit the bill , the issue is that they are not finished.
I love Rust played the shit out of it but limited content and a rather small map
make the game boring for me. Games like Project Zomboid would also fit the bill
and I think they would make GREAT Coop games. Why are companies not
adding co-op or some type of pvp is beyond me. State of Decay would also be
a great choice and if they added pvp or co-op on the least that game would be
like 100X better.

Dead Island maybe? (with mods)

I know I enojyed my coop time with my brother on that one!

But also another vote for Borderlands 1/2 ;)

I actually had a lot of fun playing the Dead Island MOBA... but was turned off by all the pay to win or micro transactions to the game.

I have not played Dead Island but I might have to try it out. Is there any PVP in that game or is it just Co-op?

If you and your clan haven't played Left4Dead 1/2 then that's an incredible value and you will have a great time.

It's old school, but Operation Flashpoint would be right up your alley.

What about Mount and Blade Warband? It's on sale right now on Steam. Free weekend to try it out. With all the PVP, looting, permadeath until next round, etc in that game I think it might fit your bill. :)

Oh yea it has horses too. If you like it I would get the bundle package. You need Napoleonic Wars for the crazy battles.

ohh yeah we have played the shit out of Left 4 Dead... Great fucking game!!!
I wish they made new games like this...

Mount and Blade.. huh we might have to try it..

Will you be on tonight Cage.. I'll download it when I get home.

Operation Flash point is like a prequel to Arma right?
I actually played Flash Point once.. Are there any good servers?

For Arma 3 Life - I currently play on Asylum / Blackwing / Olympus which is the best of all the servers.. if you
like Asylum try out Olympus... so guuud

But that's the experience I'm looking for but in another game something different would be nice.

Rust is excellent, but I will say after a while I did get tired of the limited content. The devs are doing a ton of updating, but most of those updates are still on the experimental branch and not the default game. Well worth a purchase though.

Pretty much. It's fun as hell when everything falls into place but there is not too much raw content. I have faith the rebuild will fix a lot of problems.

It's pretty great though when it was dark as fuck and you hear a gunshot or maybe some dude stomping around outside your base... Then you have the moments where you let your inner cave man loose and start beating down some guy's shack door with a rock as you both yell over the microphone before getting into a (literally) naked struggle to the death, blood and ball sweat glistening in the twilight.

ohh yeah we have played the shit out of Left 4 Dead... Great fucking game!!!
I wish they made new games like this...

Mount and Blade.. huh we might have to try it..

Will you be on tonight Cage.. I'll download it when I get home.

Operation Flash point is like a prequel to Arma right?
I actually played Flash Point once.. Are there any good servers?

For Arma 3 Life - I currently play on Asylum / Blackwing / Olympus which is the best of all the servers.. if you
like Asylum try out Olympus... so guuud

But that's the experience I'm looking for but in another game something different would be nice.

I'm always on. :)

Caye I tried Mount and Blade but could not link up with anyone and didnt see a
clan or group action or a way to join your friend. I could be wrong.

Rust I guess is the closest thing to what we are looking for.
I just need a huge map for Rust with bigger servers and I think it
could be a great fucking game. I own it just have not played it
in months...

Swat 4. I know it's not gonna satisfy some of your conditions, but damn is that game hilarious and fun at the same time. Sorry, Rainbow 6 Vegas reminded me of that a bit.

Back