A good site to learn the command line?

Hey guys...

So some of you guys might recognize me as one of those annoying n00bs that is always asking stupid questions about Ubuntu and how to get it to do certain things. Well after playing with it for a little while, I've come to the conclusion that.... well.... "Learning Ubuntu" sucks.... fuck that... I'm tired of learning something GUI restricted.

Where the hell do I learn how to use Linux? I'm talking about the COMMAND LINE. I've tried various Wiki's but they suck...

So yea... another annoying n00b question.... what is the best site/resource for learning about the underlying Linux architecture, especially the command line!!

Anyone? I hate languishing as a n00b, I *want* to be a Linux guy, not a Ubuntu Gnome n00b.

http://limestone.truman.edu/~dbindner/guide/main.html

That is a guide that a couple professors at my old university wrote. Probably not the best, and it isn't comprehensive, but it's a good starting point to get an idea of how to do things. Some of it is Truman-specific, but you can ignore all that.

One of the first things you should learn(if you haven't already) is the man command. Most programs have a manpage that gives you detailed usage instructions. Just type 'man whatever' to pull up the manpage.

Back