A free video card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

air2k5

[H]ard|Gawd
couple months back this guy i knew opened a computer store, ironically he doesn't know much about PC's. Today I get a call from him, he says that he is closing his store down, and he offerend me to come buy, he said he had something for me. Well, ok, i got there and after talking with him for a little he gives me a box labeled: "Geforce 4 mx420 PCI 32mb". He said its an old card and he needs to get rid of it, well i took it. On my way home i opened a box and i see that the card is AGP and its way too big to be an MX, heatsink was huge also. So, i come home put it in my box, load up, and whoa......a 6800GT 256mb, i almoust fell off my chair, how you like that he gave me 6800gt :)

no pics no proof??? i see how it is, ill get you those pics soon :)

You opened the box up on your way home? How did you do that while driving?

sleepydano said:
i wouldve taken the mx420 over the 6800gt.... :rolleyes:
Lian-Li PC70 w/ custom side window :: OCZ 520w Powerstream :: AMD Athlon64 3400+ Clawhammer s754 :: DFI LanParty UT nf3 :: Mushkin Redline 1gb (512x2) DDR400 :: Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb :: WD 120GB :: Sound Blaster Audigy2 :: Logitech z-680 5.1
Weird. Normally the !!!!!!s who are steadfast enough in their ignorance to scoff at a $300 card have enough money to buy a video card that costs more than $130.

It's a surprise your friend had to close down his store. :rolleyes:

If you don't know anything about computers, don't open a computer store. :p

Shmuckety said:

nicely said

Shmuckety said:

Thats why most engineering companies are run by engineers..wait, they aren't. You don't have to be an expert in a field to make a shit load of money. You just hire the people that do and profit from their effort.

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
Thats why most engineering companies are run by engineers..wait, they aren't. You don't have to be an expert in a field to make a shit load of money. You just hire the people that do and profit from their effort.

-tReP

Yes on that scale, there is a differentiation between the different levels of business. But in an upstart business that is small like i'm sure that store was, you kind of need a passion for computers (in this case) to make it work. Starting a business from the ground up is not easy.

I see why he's not in business any more.

# 1 - he gives away $300+ videocards for free

#2 - he doesn't know the difference between an MX420 and a 6800GT. (assumption)

Either way, giving away a $300 asset is foolish, whether he knew or not.

He should have at least sold it to you for a good price (as a friend) and if he didn't know what it was researched for 2 seconds to fine out what it was.

Running your own business is very hard. Managing people is even harder. Motivating people is the hardest.

Good lord, stop the whining!!! I was joking. I feel bad that his business went under. You need to get him some beers for hooking you up with that card. ;)

heh, i do not have mi digital cam right now, as soo nas i get it back ill send you guys some pics, anyway he asked me to help him run a store a while ago, but i know that the guy is an asshole at times plus i was very busy at time, i said no.
i actually called him thanking him for the card, he said: "card is outdated anyway, there ios no use for it." so i am assuming he doesnt know he gave me teh 6800gt.

air2k5 said:
heh, i do not have mi digital cam right now, as soo nas i get it back ill send you guys some pics, anyway he asked me to help him run a store a while ago, but i know that the guy is an asshole at times plus i was very busy at time, i said no.
i actually called him thanking him for the card, he said: "card is outdated anyway, there ios no use for it." so i am assuming he doesnt know he gave me teh 6800gt.

of course, you don't have your digital camera when you get it ;)

lucky... if it were me, my conscience would bug the crap out of me and force me to at least call the guy

i can totally relate to this story. the other day when I went to Taco Bell and ordered a couple hard tacos. i get up to the 2nd window and BAM! im handed a bag of food that weighs like 4 pounds. i asked for some hot and fire sauce and got the hell outta there. got home with 2 chicken burritos, 2 soft tacos, and a mexican pizza. bwahhahahahaaaa......

p.s. its kinda to late for pictures.......maybe lol

Hmmm, every time I go to Taco Bell I order 10 hard shell tacos, and I always get "are you sure? that's a lot". Its funny if I go inside and watch them make them, by the 6th taco they're getting pissed.

I see talks about tacos but still no pix. :( It's never too late. :p

Those taco's stick with you like a stray dog so theres probably still hope for pics.

To steer the thread back on topic, where are the pics?

yeah,
if he is your friend and he made a mistake dont you think you should tell him, your just ripping off a friend.

saying that the other day i brought a old dell off ebay, opened it up and found it was a cray super computer.
bargain

My friend at the mcdonald's gave me Fries and I said pfft n33b I take no hand outs and bought the fries and then he turned into a fairy god mother and granted me two wishes, but she screwed me... When I asked her for a blinging rock all I got was a pet rock that has "bling bling" on it. When I asked her for an enourmous peter all I got out of her was an enourmous friend named peter.

~Adam

Mister E said:
i can totally relate to this story. the other day when I went to Taco Bell and ordered a couple hard tacos. i get up to the 2nd window and BAM! im handed a bag of food that weighs like 4 pounds. i asked for some hot and fire sauce and got the hell outta there. got home with 2 chicken burritos, 2 soft tacos, and a mexican pizza. bwahhahahahaaaa......

p.s. its kinda to late for pictures.......maybe lol

lmfao haha, man, i haven't had taco bell in awhile. makes me want to have some right now.
:D

yeah, that story is crazy, i to would like to see some pics

chelski said:
yeah,
if he is your friend and he made a mistake dont you think you should tell him, your just ripping off a friend.

saying that the other day i brought a old dell off ebay, opened it up and found it was a cray super computer.
bargain
i dont think i said he was my "friend". tell you the truth i hate the guy, unfortunatelly he does not have many friends i dont think and he begged the hell out of me to go to his store and bring some ppol with me wehn he opened, i think he thinks im lkke his best buddy?
about the pics, il lget the cam back by end of this week :)

lol, nice taco bell story :)
when I was 16 I worked at Mcdonalds, i gave a guy 10 dbl cheeseburgers to realize he orderd 1 big mac and next car ordered 10 dls, my manager dot so pissed....
i hate fast food places :)

air2k5 said:
lol, nice taco bell story :)
when i was 16 i worked at mcdonalds, i gave a guyy 10 dbl cheezburgers to realize he orderd 1 big mac and next car ordered 10 dls, my manager dot so pissed....
i ahte fast food places :)

Jesus tapdancing christ learn to type.

Bleh Taco Bell is nasty over here. The guys that make the stuff are fat slobs that you know are unhygenic. I wish someone would pass a law requiring all fast food place employees that prepare food to wear latex gloves.

Mister E said:
ROFL, that’s funny as hell man!

I've had something like that happen to me on more than one occasion. After pulling up to the drive through window of Talco Bell I was handed my order, the order of the car behind me, and told to WAIT FOR THE REST OF IT :eek:

The guy at the window turned around and I was gone :D

(Note: this happened AGAIN at a Burger King the next week, and a month later at Talco Bell again!)

But what’s really funny is getting into the McDonalds drive through, (waiting for all the cars in front of you to go, and making sure that there is someone behind you), ordering 20 Big Mac’s, pulling all the way through the drive through, and watching the guy that was behind you handed about 3 bags of food.

oh yea, and WE WANT PICS! How did the guy not know? Isnt "GeForce 6800" printed in big text on the box?

I remember when I was at best buying looking at video cards I told the guy working there I'm looking for a graphics card to play games and asked him to see the ATI 9800. He then said, "Here this one is much better and can handle any game out there" and handed me the 6800 Ultra. I took the 6800 Ultra and ran out the door without having to pay for it! I got into my car which was suppose to be a Kia but my friend sold me a Porshe. I sped away and on my way home I stopped at a nearby McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac. When I opened the bag I saw the kid working there gave me 10 double cheeseburgers. I chuckled and laughed and yelled "oh glorious day" as I made my way home. After pulling into the driveway and walking inside, my parents told me I really wasn't their son, infact the nurse at the hospital gave my parents the wrong child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back